PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 WEEK 4 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: NE @ DAL

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me watching this team

This is one of the most depressing Patriots games in a while. Moving to 1-3, two of the best defensive players on the team injured, can’t move the ball much on offense with a bunch of turnovers.

Hard to have much hope for the rest of the season with this start, the injuries and the difficulty of the schedule. I thought a lot of people were being overly negative the past two seasons but it seems warranted now. I still believe the team is better than last year but with this schedule this team looks like they are headed for their first top ten pick in forever.

Anyone who isn’t in the long term plans of the team should be traded for draft capital so this team can properly rebuild.

I'm reading this and shaking my head:

It should be crystal clear that Mac is a skittish, gutless QB, afraid to take a hit, turnover prone, horrible form, throws off his back foot, a guy who the other players HAVE NO FAITH in.

When you compare him to other QBs and say they would be equally bad here playing behind our OL (even though some of the people mentioned have much much much worse OLs) and with a less than stellar WR group (understood); you're ignoring the fact that there are many middling QBs in this league who are not afraid to step into the pocket, not afraid to step into the throw, QBs who aren't reckless with the ball, etc.

To say MANY other QBs also wouldn't have a chance with this team is totally not true, and it's a sure sign you are underrating how bad Mac is.

Remember Scott Secules? Tommy Hodson? I thought I'd forgotten them. But now I remember them.
That’s cool and all. But this is legitimately one of if not the worst offense in the NFL , independent of QB.

Tua looked like a bust on a better offense and now looks like a stud. You can pretend otherwise but the narrative around Allen was that year 3 was a make or break season and getting Diggs is prob the only reason he stayed in Buffalo. We just saw Mahomes look like **** without Kelce and that offense far outclasses ours. Burrow has been a stud the last two years and now his offense regressed and he looks like ****.

There aren’t any Brady and Manning types in the league who can just mentally pick apart teams with okayish weapons. And frankly, Brady has never been on an offense this bad, look at what happened when his line sucked last year.

This team is the problem. It’s been obvious for awhile.

It’s wishful thinking that a simple QB upgrade saves this season.

Huh?

The veteran minimum is $1m per yr on a 3 year deal. Juju signed for $33m 3 years with $16m guaranteed. He’s a waste of money. He gets no separation and we didn’t upgrade at all from Jacobi.

Our offensive talent is among the worst in the NFL, yet some here think that’s ok.

I was under the impression he signed a 1 year 10 million deal.

Holy ****. My bad.

Matt Coral had a golden opportunity and let it pass him by.
Will Grier should be elevated to number 2.

Can’t be mad at defense that’s down it’s top 4 corners and knows if they give up 15 points the game is pretty much lost, it’s so pathetic.

Throwing at M Bryant all game with huge success. Obviously was a strategy of the Cowboys.

If Kraft did want to move significantly in another direction, it's a good time to do it. The team had a really big draft class in '23 that looks pretty good and they're flush with cash for the next several seasons starting next year.
Does Kraft even care anymore?
He's starting to remind me of Ralph Wilson after the Bills' Super Bowl years.

He's going to be like the rest of the franchises who can't let go of the past, he'll get rid of Bill and hire a Bill light.

We'll end up with Mayo who isn't as good as Bill when it comes to defense and isn't a smart offensive mind either, more old school garbage.
We don't know that yet.

That’s cool and all. But this is legitimately one of if not the worst offense in the NFL , independent of QB.

Tua looked like a bust on a better offense and now looks like a stud. You can pretend otherwise but the narrative around Allen was that year 3 was a make or break season and getting Diggs is prob the only reason he stayed in Buffalo. We just saw Mahomes look like **** without Kelce and that offense far outclasses ours. Burrow has been a stud the last two years and now his offense regressed and he looks like ****.

There aren’t any Brady and Manning types in the league who can just mentally pick apart teams with okayish weapons. And frankly, Brady has never been on an offense this bad, look at what happened when his line sucked last year.

This team is the problem. It’s been obvious for awhile.

It’s wishful thinking that a simple QB upgrade saves this season.
Not buying any of this

Who we telling me about pouring rain last week ? Was that you @Ian

You know when they couldn’t do **** against the jets and it was the rains fault ?

Great job by Mondre, chipping Parsons right into the open pass rush lane.

Our offensive talent is among the worst in the NFL, yet some here think that’s ok.
This off-season was bizarre with many saying the Pats were better. It’s as if many posters don’t watch games other than the Pats.

Cowboys 20
Mac Jones 18
Patriots 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick