PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 OFFICIAL Week 18 Game Thread: NE vs NYJ

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curran believes the McCorkle man being inactive today is the team protecting a trade asset.
That feels kind of stupid. Do they really think he has enough value that him getting injured today would significantly impact his value? Oh no, he was worth a 4th and now he's hurt and only worth a 6th...

Curran believes the McCorkle man being inactive today is the team protecting a trade asset.
Gotta make sure you can reclaim that conditional 5th round pick!

damn zappe shows flashes sometimes. he could improve i bet.

Reactions: Ian
That feels kind of stupid. Do they really think he has enough value that him getting injured today would significantly impact his value? Oh no, he was worth a 4th and now he's hurt and only worth a 6th...
Not sure. The team is talking up Jones’s attitude with his new role a lot so that tells me they’re gonna try to sell him to some team.

He has always been better than Zappe
Zappe has the edge so far ... albeit barely:

Siemian 3/10 (30%) 37yds
Zappe 6/12 (50%) 48yds

need a turnover if they want to win. Offense going nowhere

Man...if Zappe ever figures it out, the kid has good awareness and pocket movement...
He has shown he can come in as a backup and not screw things up royally - maybe with more time in the league he can improve his mechanics and become a solid backup guy. He's taken a lot of hits and bounced right back up so I think he's pretty durable as well. The height and the arm are probably always going to be limitations but he runs the play as designed and reads the field reasonably well. Might be a poor man's Gardner Minshew, eventually.

I'd probably put it closer to 75/25 but I am generally in agreement there... and of that 75%, probably 50% his rights are traded and then 25% he gets canned. I can't see any sort of "mutual parting", Kraft will want compensation somehow if he does not fire him. So I guess it's overall:

50% rights are traded
25% fired
25% retained with personnel control removed and an outside GM hired
A coach like BB who is under contract, should not be allowed to leave without compensation.

Might be different if the Pats didn’t have to pay a 1st round pick to get him.

Zappe with 50% comp 2 near pick 6’s 2 sacks and less than 50 yards passing. All that hard work or something last offseason eh Triumph?

Really? I'll have to look ... I think we have Hulu but I didn't think Peacock was part of it.
Check that. I was mistaken.

Today we will out Jet the Jets! They don't want to make it easier on us though. They want to hand us our 16th straight win over them, but we will not let them lose so easily! Let's answer that muffed punt catch with a blown coverage or only having 9 men on the field.

Anyone else have Peacock? I refuse to add it...literally nothing on there I need to see...

I actually got it for free for a while with my cable. They do actually have few original series that are good (Twisted Metal, Poker Face, and Dr. Death). I think what they do have that is good is they do get some bigger theatrical movies faster than any of the other streaming services.

Reactions: Ian
Bailey Zappe so far:
Total: 6/12 (50%) 48yds

By Down:
1st: 2/2 (100%) 8yds
2nd: 3/5 (60%) 7yds
3rd: *1/5 (20%) 33yds
*1 First Down

Bill thinking this ****ty game is my last one in NE? Aye chihuahua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST