PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Free Agents (rankings)... Which options can join the Patriots??

Anybody have an opinion on Tim Settle as a fairly cheap nose tackle solution?

I know some guys on here liked him coming out of college.

From what I can tell he’s done alright, just been stuck behind a pretty stacked d-line.

Jamie Collins cam back and is a ghost of his former self.

No on Chandler.

Right.

If GB gets Rodgers back and tags Adams, they'll be favorites again next season.

But next season would be the last chance.

No SB? Time to blow it up.
It's been the same talk since 2019 lol At some point you have to come to terms that Fraudgers can't get it done

Chandler Jones is interesting...supposedly he's not happy in Arizona
He kinda disappears as the season goes. He starts off hot and then just fades away

He kinda disappears as the season goes. He starts off hot and then just fades away
Hey, he had a midseason resurgence this year...

5 sacks in week 1
0 sacks in the next 5 games
4.5 sacks in the next 5 games
1 sack in the next 5 games

Not quite ideal.

We are definitely looking at depth pieces as far as free agent signings go. Guys that will compete for roster spots 45-53.

Wouldnt the Pats tag Jackson and trade if a deal cant be hammered out? 2022 CB franchise tag cost is estimated @ $17 mil.

Jalen Ramseys is 28 and his deal basically pays him $23 million per year the next 4 seasons. Jackson is 27.

# 1 CBs are hard to come by and Jackson is at least worth a 2nd plus a straggler pick or two. Best Pats could do is a 3rd round draft pick compensatory wise assuming that NE doesnt cancel out Jackson out with more 2022 Free Argent signings.

They certainly could tag and trade, but you're right they could get nothing. Just like they give up nothing (but money) if they signed Godwin.

Seems like a wash to me.

I also feel JC is not a Gilmore type #1, while Godwin with a James White type, could make the offense a top 5 if Mac takes a leap.

The next order of business should be to give Mac the best opportunity to take that leap.

Offense is the #1 priority. Mac needs legit WR’s. I don’t want to watch one more year of Jacobi Myers as the #1. Him waving his hand open then dropping a pass was pathetic. He initially beat his man only to have the DB easily catch up to him. The guy just cannot separate.

No on Godwin only because of his injury.

Build D through the draft. Find bargains in FA.

1 offense, 1 defense

kick the tires on DJ Chark.... be an interesting option, and not as expensive as Godwin will be... he did well playing with Minshew... and, reading that write up, he did get moved into the slot, so it might work well

Oluokun, LB from Atlanta ... interesting guy... watched some clips on tube you... stout on run defense, good tackler... be a great addition...

How do the last 50 best Free Agents look?

Thats where the Pats will be shopping.

That’s not true. He retired because they were going to trade him to Detroit. He recently admitted in on a radio show.
You right, but your timeline is off. He officially left after 2018 because he was tired of Bill. He told Tom Brady that he was waiting to see where he’d go and then he’d resume playing again.

Give me Chark and Chase Edmonds. Harris, Stevenson and Edmonds would be a solid group.

Chandler Jones is interesting...supposedly he's not happy in Arizona
not sure Chandler Jones is going to want to come back to the Pats listen to coach bill drone on about Jones setting the edge and taking on guards and tackles so Coach Bill's Jurassic Linebackers can make tackles 8 yards past the LOS

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back