PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 UDFA Signings Thread

Did any of the local beat writers find out more on this "mystery man"?

I’ve been checking off and on since that tweet (Daniels and Reiss, mostly) and haven’t seen anything…..UDFA blue balls.

Dug a little deeper into Quinn Nordin and was intrigued by what I found.

I guess the question is, can Bill get his head right and get him back to obtaining the most out of his Schwerer Gustav size and Leg? It would appear there's a lot of potential that's not getting much attention. Kickers who can regularly hit 68 yards with just a normal two-step kick don't grow on trees.

Here we have a kid who is uber-talented and has many of the tools needed to be among the best. I know our UDFA class has been pretty meh, but this is about as interesting of a UDFA as you can get, considering we could really use an upgrade at the position. Supposedly he's been training hard and trying to get back to his A-game (Aren't they all?!)

I read something over @ A Michigan board that said the college lifestyle might have got a hold of him a little his sophomore year. Then the covid season happened "where at Michigan they didn't practice kicking or special teams very much at all due to very limited NCAA practice rules, and how they chose to a lot their time" I don't know the validity of that, but it could partially explain his 2/5 (40%) season. The kicking game is much about rhythm, and it's hard to have that without practice. If he fell because of that, this is a total score.

Needless to say, I'm rooting for the Kid. I don't see a reason why one wouldn't.

Here's every snap of his 2020 season. After reviewing it, I'm lead to believe those comments about not practicing special teams often, might actually carry a little weight. Furthermore supported by Michigans 80th out of 127, Special teams ranking in 2020, compared to their 2nd place ranking in 2019 (ie. Football outsider)

Here's some context to his story and UDFA fall. The comments on this video are also full of good detailed insight from Michigan fans.

Last edited:

I guess the question is, can Bill get his head right and get him back to obtaining the most out of his Schwerer Gustav size and Leg? It would appear there's a lot of potential that's not getting much attention. Kickers who can regularly hit 68 yards with just a normal two-step kick don't grow on trees.

Here we have a kid who is uber-talented and has many of the tools needed to be among the best. I know our UDFA class has been pretty meh, but this is about as interesting of a UDFA as you can get, considering we could really use an upgrade at the position. Supposedly he's been training hard and trying to get back to his A-game (Aren't they all?!)

I read something over @ A Michigan board that said the college lifestyle might have got a hold of him a little his sophomore year. Then the covid season happened "where at Michigan they didn't practice kicking or special teams very much at all due to very limited NCAA practice rules, and how they chose to a lot their time" I don't know the validity of that, but it could partially explain his 2/5 (40%) season. The kicking game is much about rhythm, and it's hard to have that without practice. If he fell because of that, this is a total score.

Needless to say, I'm rooting for the Kid. I don't see a reason why one wouldn't.

Here's every snap of his 2020 season. After reviewing it, I'm lead to believe those comments about not practicing special teams often, might actually carry a little weight. Furthermore supported by Michigans 80th out of 127, Special teams ranking in 2020, compared to their 2nd place ranking in 2019 (ie. Football outsider)

Here's some context to his story and UDFA fall. The comments on this video are also full of good detailed insight from Michigan fans.

seen you asking more about him on another thread @holyredeemer

By no means do I think he’s guaranteed to be anything more then a camp body, but the tools of an all pro are there. @Patsgofor4

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back