PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Red Sox postseason thread

Glad Tampa is done...I was sick hearing all the Champa Bay crap from the past year

Glad Tampa is done...I was sick hearing all the Champa Bay crap from the past year
Especially the Rays. They think they reinvented baseball

The Saux have certainly proved this non believer wrong
What a great time to be had at Fenway

If only the first 162 games of tedium could be bypassed

they are playing well and going on a streak when it counts. Let keep it going!!!

They can, if you really apply yourself.

:whistle: :p
George Costanza Flirting GIF by MOODMAN

Astros currently up 6-1 after 6 innings prompted me to start thinking about the Sox rotation for the next series. With both NL series at 2-1 I'm guessing that 1 team at least will force a game 5 on Thursday, So Sox should play Friday night which would allow Eovaldi who won game 3 in Houston in 2018 to pitch on normal rest. If they play Thursday, Sale?

I guess Houston it is for you sox fans

Sort of love Houston winning the clinching game by 50. They’d be favorites anyway, but now they will come in looking like even bigger favorites, and this Sox team seems to thrive on being underdogs.

Astros don’t have the pitching that they used to. Sox in 7

Astros don’t have the pitching that they used to. Sox in 7
Let's hope so. My biggest concerns are the sox defense. I love schwarber but his 1st base defense is shaky at best. I hope it doesn't cost them any games. And i have no confidence in sale at the moment.

Let's hope so. My biggest concerns are the sox defense. I love schwarber but his 1st base defense is shaky at best. I hope it doesn't cost them any games. And i have no confidence in sale at the moment.
Baserunning is an issue as well.

I see Matt Barnes managed 1 inning pitched this post season.
Has he become last man out of the pen?
Is it a physical issue or has he just completely lost it (after signing his extension)?

we just need to keep hitting the baseball and wearing out their bull pen in the early games. If we get deep into their pen early then they wont be able to recover later in the series. Hopefully they keep mashing!

Is it a physical issue or has he just completely lost it (after signing his extension)?
Yeah, he's been bad. I think he was on the disabled list for awhile, but not sure at this point if it's a lingering injury, or his confidence is shot, or what. Not much trust in him at this point.

Having said that, it seems like teams that win the World Series at some point get contributions from nearly everybody--after all, the legendary game 4 of the ALCS, starting the epic comeback by the Sox/epic choke by the Yankees, was won by none other than the immortal Curt Leskanic.

Yeah, he's been bad. I think he was on the disabled list for awhile, but not sure at this point if it's a lingering injury, or his confidence is shot, or what. Not much trust in him at this point.

Having said that, it seems like teams that win the World Series at some point get contributions from nearly everybody--after all, the legendary game 4 of the ALCS, starting the epic comeback by the Sox/epic choke by the Yankees, was won by none other than the immortal Curt Leskanic.
didn't Barnes start to fall off when they started checking for the sticky stuff?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back