PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably why the Patriots received that 5th round pick.. to make it to 252 total draft picks..

trying to square the circles that dont exist again? :)

259 picks are now official in 2021 Draft .. would be 261 if not for the 2 forfeited (NE 3rd, MIN 7th)

After correcting mistake of taking away one from NE, they decided to keep 33 Comps this year
+4 additional Special “minority“ Comps were awarded in 3rd round.

I think they hold til draft night and trade up as much as necessary for the specific QB they want. That will be when more guys like Minshew become available if they want to add another vet, which I think they will. I don’t think they want to roll into the season with no competition for Cam - this roster is too good to waste if Cam ends up still being bad.

I think they hold til draft night and trade up as much as necessary for the specific QB they want. That will be when more guys like Minshew become available if they want to add another vet, which I think they will. I don’t think they want to roll into the season with no competition for Cam - this roster is too good to waste if Cam ends up still being bad.
MNM Hi my name is my name is

RB Leonard Fournette
RB James Connor (short money)
RB Duke Johnson
DT Jurrell Casey
DT Akiem Hicks (trade/release-restructure)
DE/DT Clowney (short money...INT sub rush)
WR TY Hilton (short money)
WR Sammy Watkins (short money)
LB KJ Wright
DE Aldon Smith (short money)
DT Geno Atkins (short money...INT sub rush)
DT Kawaan Short (short money... INT sub rush)

Last edited:
trying to square the circles that dont exist again? :)

259 picks are now official in 2021 Draft .. would be 261 if not for the 2 forfeited (NE 3rd, MIN 7th)

After correcting mistake of taking away one from NE, they decided to keep 33 Comps this year
+4 additional Special “minority“ Comps were awarded in 3rd round.

Good because we were totally ****ed but the Bungles taping BS.

Phil Linsday signs with the Houston Erections

Phillip Lindsay
Leonard Fournette
James Connor (short money)
Jurrell Casey
Akiem Hicks (trade/release-restructure)
Clowney (only for short money...INT sub rush)
TY Hilton (short money)
Sammy Watkins (short money)
KJ Wright
Aldon Smith (short money)
Geno Atkins (short money...INT sub rush)
Malik Jackson (short money... INT sub rush)
Kawaan Short (short money... INT sub rush)
Duke Johnson

Minshew is far from perfect, has fumbled too frequently and has some limitations in terms of arm strength but for the 2021 season he is their best option, in my opinion, when you combine his low cost of acquisition, minuscule salary and production over his first two years, playing behind a far less talented roster than he would be surrounded by in Foxboro. That assumes that they don’t trade up into the top 7, draft a quarterback, who then becomes their starter. That is obviously the best case scenario.

Isn't this hypothetical a bit moot since Urban Meyer said they aren't looking to trade him. Maybe that's just posturing to get a better deal but ya I wouldn't mind sending a mid-round pick for him

I hope Ian doesn't keep web statistics...because it's going to show me hitting refresh on the browser a million times in this thread looking to see who is signed next.

That would be embarrassing if anyone knew...so no web stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes