PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring in young talent who can stay for years to come. Gilmore has just another year or two at his peak. Since we have cap space, I don't see the immediate need to unload him unless it's part of a package for a QB we really like. But I see the logic of wanting to move him, especially given our depth at the position.
Those are all good points. I'm looking at him more as a leader. I'm a bit concerned High doesn't come back. We'll be losing several of our own FAs. Team needs to get younger and more talented but having veteran talented leaders of his caliber is important for the next generation imo.

Those are all good points. I'm looking at him more as a leader. I'm a bit concerned High doesn't come back. We'll be losing several of our own FAs. Team needs to get younger and more talented but having veteran talented leaders of his caliber is important for the next generation imo.

The leadership angle is definitely fair. While there are different ways to be a leader, and you can never have too many leaders, our secondary would still have at least one McCourty with extensive team captain experience. There are going to be growing pains and good players leaving no matter what; the team just has to balance and decide which ones should lead to the best outcome.

As for the specific Gilmore issue, I could really go either way. I suspect the team is similarly on the fence and the result will depend on what is offered.

Hope so. It'd be nice for Myhomeboi to face JJ x2 a yr.

Definitely from his camp. I don’t see him as a 5-6 million player nevermind 15-16. He had to be right up there with players who have benefited most from a 5 year stretch in their career. Honestly, elite 3-5 years and then injury laden so so for the rest.

It would be an honor to watch Watt here as unlikely as it is. At his peak he was as good a defender ever imo. So fun to watch. So refined and versatile.

If not here Cleveland would be interesting. Him and Myles could be the best duo in the league. Playing his bro twice a year, both teams are trending differently (Cleve ^) and Cleveland could easily be a playoff team next year in that division. Basically them and Balty fighting it out.

Buffalo makes sense. Seattle and GB too.

I'd love to see him and Donald together. Rams don't mind going big.

Like Cleveland the potential would be insane. You can line up each duo inside or out. Lots of fun just thinking about it.

The leadership angle is definitely fair. While there are different ways to be a leader, and you can never have too many leaders, our secondary would still have at least one McCourty with extensive team captain experience. There are going to be growing pains and good players leaving no matter what; the team just has to balance and decide which ones should lead to the best outcome.

As for the specific Gilmore issue, I could really go either way. I suspect the team is similarly on the fence and the result will depend on what is offered.
The only way I see moving on from Gilmore is if, as you suggested, it's part of a trade for a QB. But who would that be? I would only want Watson (maybe JG). I just don't see Bill paying what it would take to get a franchise QB thru a trade.

Ideally GB gives up their late 1st.

Maybe Phila at 37 or SF 43? 49ers definitely have SB hopes. Phila might think they can put something together and haven't had a legit CB in 12 years.

Vegas at 48? Again SB hopes.

I think a few teams would have to think about giving up a 2nd for him.

He's still a tremendous player. He had a really good year last year after an unbelievable one the previous year. He still has 2-3 years of top 10-12 play left.

Considering we won't be competing for a SB at earliest, 2 years. Could be a lot longer. It makes sense.

I would be VERY happy adding Tyrell Williams to our WR group, very underrated. Not as a 1, but he would make a perfect 2
Williams
Edelman
Meyers
Harry
Draft pick

Thats not bad at all if we add a UFA to be a number one doesnt need to be Godwin/Arob/Fuller. Golloday/Hilton/Jones would make that group very respectable. Would need to be at least 4 deep with edelman and williams being injury prone. Also not discounting Marquise Lee if hes healthy

Hope so. It'd be nice for Myhomeboi to face JJ x2 a yr.

Meh frankly i think watt’s done. That’s an overpay if i ever saw one. Hasn’t been the same player the last two years. He played a full year this past season but one of his worse years.

If we didn't give Tom Brady extensive insight into player personnel, I doubt Wilson would be much happier with his situation here.

Wilson’s a cry baby. Why doesn’t he take a pay cut? Some of those sacks are his fault as well.

This guy's one of my favorite players - always around the ball.

He's going to make big $$$$$. Really big $$$$$.
This would be huge if we could Land him. Doubt BB wants to pay him tough

This would be huge if we could Land him. Doubt BB wants to pay him tough
Judon would instantly elevate that DL. But he's coming with a big price. BB will probably go for more bargains than a few big hits.

I do love this guy's game, though. He's always in the backfield.

Judon would instantly elevate that DL. But he's coming with a big price. BB will probably go for more bargains than a few big hits.

I do love this guy's game, though. He's always in the backfield.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots