PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 schedule to be released tomorrow - (UPDATED: Pats open vs MIA on 9/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddell - too busy being drunk during this quarantine - quickly takes note and thinks to himself, "well this is pretty logical". and will release this schedule tomorrow.

It seems like the first four weeks will really be the initial -- and hopefully only necessary -- buffer the league has put in place in case things have to be moved around.

Would not be surprised if we start at home, then go on to travel to the west coast for two weeks before playing the second NFC matchup at home in W4. It would make sense to minimize travel for all teams so staying out on the west coast would be a nice gift.

This is the kind of schedule that could put the Pats in a 1-5 hole. We know the team tends to start slow anyway. The 49ers defense against Hoyer or JS4 figuring things out. A tough west coast trip plus maybe a third straight road game vs Houston and then the Ravens. Hopefully the team is ready for this.

If that ends up being true then the Thursday night opener I'll predict Falcons @ Chiefs and Sunday Night Bucs @ Raiders to open their new Stadium and for Brady's first game in Pewter.

While I am not a fan of 345 Park Avenue.....but name any other sports league that generates this much excitement with their draft and schedule release?

While I am not a fan of 345 Park Avenue.....but name any other sports league that generates this much excitement with their draft and schedule release?
says much more about the rabid fanbases than it does with the Clouseau led NFL Offices...IMO

Pats will be lucky to have 2 prime time games. NFL will put them back into obscurity until they can win with someone other than Brady.

I disagree. I think they'll want to highlight us this year to appease the haters. People will time in at prime time to watch a game they think we will lose. Just like the NFL did in 2016, no Brady week 1 Sunday night against the team that was the NFC runner up.

Subsequently, I always smile thinking how pissed everyone was when we won it. Goodell must have been livid.

6.) What contingency plans does the NFL have in place? (e.g. if 14 games, we probably drop Baltimore and @ Houston
which would be an advantage)

I would think we’d want to drop the cross conference (nfc) games first because having all inter Conference games (afc) would be more beneficial to create playoff seedings.

one of those “old school baseball” type set ups where if you play a team from the other league (conference) it would be in the World Series (super bowl).

BTW, you know the owners are getting their jimmies all rustled thinking of losing 4 games.

going to be chomping at the bit for their beloved 17 game season in 2021 :rolleyes:

@ Buffalo on SNF November 1st. That has rout written all over it and not the good kind of rout.

I don't know why the NFL wants to give the Pats 5 prime time games. Maybe they want the whole country to watch the demise (or so they think) this year. Enjoy it while it lasts NFL. We'll be back before you know it.

T-Minus 10 minutes til' the sked hits Patriots.com!

I don't know why the NFL wants to give the Pats 5 prime time games. Maybe they want the whole country to watch the demise (or so they think) this year. Enjoy it while it lasts NFL. We'll be back before you know it.

Well BB better hope studham is the real deal. The defense might keep them in some games but it’s all about this OL and running the football and being balance on offense.

They’ve earned prime time games and will continue to bring big ratings.

Sunday, Sept. 13 Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ CBS
Sunday, Sept. 20 at Seattle Seahawks 8:20 p.m. ET NBC Boston NBC
Sunday, Sept. 27 Las Vegas Raiders 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ CBS
Sunday, Oct. 4 at Kansas City Chiefs 4:25 p.m. ET WBZ CBS
Sunday, Oct. 11 Denver Broncos 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ CBS*
Sunday, Oct. 18 BYE WEEK
Sunday, Oct. 25 San Francisco 49ers 4:25 p.m. ET WBZ CBS*
Sunday, Nov., 1 at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ CBS*
Monday, Nov. 9 at New York Jets 8:15 p.m. ET WCVB ESPN
Sunday, Nov. 15 Baltimore Ravens 8:20 p.m. E.T. NBC Boston NBC*
Sunday, Nov. 22 at Houston Texans 1:00 p.m.ET WBZ CBS*
Sunday, Nov. 29 Arizona Cardinals 1:00 p.m. ET WFXT FOX*
Sunday, Dec. 6 at Los Angeles Chargers 4:25 p.m. ET WBZ CBS*
Thursday, Dec. 10 at Los Angeles Rams 8:20 p.m. ET WBZ FOX/NFL Network/Amazon
Sunday, Dec. 20 at Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ CBS*
Monday, Dec. 28 Buffalo Bills 8:15 p.m. ET WCVB ESPN
Sunday, Jan. 3 New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ CBS*

Well BB better hope studham is the real deal. The defense might keep them in some games but it’s all about this OL and running the football and being balance on offense.

Studham? That's brillant NYCPatriotNumeroPimp316! You should put a copyright claim on that!

Looking forward to the amount of people getting worked up over the predicted win-loss totals the media will proclaim....

Two SNF games?

Damn. So the dwindling of our prime time games begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes