PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Mock Drafts

WaterfallJumper

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The first weekend of the college football season is finally in the books. Let's kick things off!

I'm sure this draft will change drastically over the season, but I was happy with this effort. The Draft Network doesn't have all the trades and comp picks, but it's still a solid intro to the year:

The Draft Network

31. Isaiah Simmons LB/S, Clemson
63. Jared Pinkney TE, Vanderbilt
95. Shyheim Carter S, Alabama
121. Neville Gallimore IDL, Oklahoma
176. Van Jefferson WR, Florida
211. Sam Ehlinger QB, Texas
218. Charlie Woerner TE, Georgia

The first weekend of the college football season is finally in the books. Let's kick things off!

I'm sure this draft will change drastically over the season, but I was happy with this effort. The Draft Network doesn't have all the trades and comp picks, but it's still a solid intro to the year:

The Draft Network

Isaiah Simmons would be the dream. He is literally your ultimate LB/S! I think I saw he runs a 4.4 and is 6’3 and about 230/240

Apparently NE should have about 13 picks which is wild

The Draft Network

Seriously? I'm out.

We've read that one of the things that BB does better than anyone else
during season is self-scouting. Surely, there must be a folder in his inbox
detailing our poor track record in 2nd and 3rd round. Particularly, late
2nd. Guys like Gronk and Chung were picked with other teams picks
much higher than 60-64 range.

BB does tremendous in Rd 1. I'm curious if trading up in 2nd for
an earlier pick is the result of liking JoeJuan Williams. Or, just fed
up with whiffing on that late 2nd.

Could have traded the Duke pick last year and moved up
for Derwin James.....sigh

Safety or offensive tackle please.

Safety or offensive tackle please.

Depends on the type of Safety you want, and tackle wise i'm not sure we will draft one high unless Thomas from Georgia Falls.

I can see BB falling in love with simmons

Depends on the type of Safety you want, and tackle wise i'm not sure we will draft one high unless Thomas from Georgia Falls.

I can see BB falling in love with simmons

I have no idea about players yet but I think safety and OT should be priorities.

I have no idea about players yet but I think safety and OT should be priorities.

How come you think OT is a need? i agree with safety, just from the age side of things, i'm kind of hoping that Obi will have a big year and finally understand what he needs to do.

How come you think OT is a need? i agree with safety, just from the age side of things, i'm kind of hoping that Obi will have a big year and finally understand what he needs to do.

Cannon is old, no decent swing tackle as of now.

Cannon is old, no decent swing tackle as of now.
Way, way too early at this point to be viewing needs in my opinion. Things can and will change quickly during the season and the offseason once trades and free agency are taken into consideration. For example, Cunningham is under contract for multiple years and Cajuste is on NFI - and if they start looking good around Thanksgiving (and Wynn continues to impress) then suddenly there is no OT need. I’m just looking for Patriot type players at this point.

The Draft Network

Why would Ehlinger go so late? I think he is a mid-rounder. What am I not seeing?

Why would Ehlinger go so late? I think he is a mid-rounder. What am I not seeing?

I used the default rankings, so don't read too much into it. It's week one, so they just put them out, and there's sure to be a lot of movement in the next few months. I think Ehlinger has some tools to work with, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes anywhere from 2 - 7. Too many variables before the season plays out.

I use mocks to familiarize myself with the players and the relative depth of each position group. I'm not too worried about where players go or how realistic I am, at least not this early.

From PFF, so salt lick needed:

PFF 2020 NFL Mock Draft: Tua Tagovailoa, Chase Young lead the way at Nos. 1 and 2 | College Football and NFL Draft | PFF

32. QB JOE BURROW, LSU | NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Overreaction? Maybe. But through two weeks, Burrow has arguably the two best performances of any QB in the country this season.The difference in how he commands the LSU offense is night and day from a year ago. That confidence has led to pinpoint accuracy all over the football field, as his adjusted completion percentage went from 70.9% in 2018 to 87.9% this year.

you nailed it, also need another center.

They have Andrews and Karras is decent and probably not very expensive. Cajuste will be back too. I would love to add: TE or WR or LB or NT

The Draft Network

TE have to be Tops on the menu and maybe WR again Gordon/Dorsett will be FA's.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back