PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Mock Drafts

For some reason, the page where the settings are made is all grey for me so I can't do this...WTF?
They know that they s*** but you not with your mock

2020 NFL Mock Draft Simulator | PFF
You mean this page is greyed out from the start?
Yes it is...I mean I can still see the settings behind the grey, but I'm unable to click on any of them...

Edit: Tried opening a Firefox window (I use Chrome for most everything else) and it didn't show grey...so here it goes...

Edit Part 2: What a feckin pain in the azz that was...damned thing kept constantly locking up after I tried to make a selection...I never made it out of the 3rd round after Many attempts at re-starting...I'll try again some other time...Didn't like the way available prospects were not shown by position...

Last edited:
just played around a bit :confused:

Download.png
V9NSTWV

Edit Part 2: What a feckin pain in the azz that was...damned thing kept constantly locking up after I tried to make a selection...I never made it out of the 3rd round after Many attempts at re-starting...I'll try again some other time...Didn't like the way available prospects were not shown by position...
Yes, sometimes it just gets stuck processing after you make the pick and then you need to wait a minute or two until it moves on...

Meanwhile, had another go at it while using @BaconGrundleCandy big board as a rough guideline:
upload_2020-4-11_8-57-1.png

Regarding the PFF grades, here's what their algorithm would've chose on the first 3 picks:
33 - Jacob Eason (38%), Grant Delpit (22.7%), Austin Jackson (19.2%)
65 - Jake Fromm (56.7%), Isaiah Wilson (16%), Jalen Hurts (13.9%)
75 - Jake Fromm (65%), Jalen Hurts (21.1%)

Their algorithm seems to love mocking QBs to the Patriots. :D

Round 2 Pick 8 (HOU): Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (A+)
Round 3 Pick 3 (DET): Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 3 Pick 23: Raekwon Davis, DT/DE, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26 (HOU): Malik Harrison, ILB/OLB, Ohio St. (A+)
Round 3 Pick 34 (COMP): Chase Claypool, WR/TE, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Alex Taylor, OT, SC State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5 (HOU): Harrison Bryant, TE, FAU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19: Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Lynn Bowden Jr., WR, Kentucky (A+)
Round 6 Pick 16: Trevis Gipson, DE, Tulsa (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Francis Bernard, OLB, Utah (A+)
Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): McTelvin Agim, DT, Arkansas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 34 (COMP): Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 16: Benito Jones, DT, Ole Miss (A+)
Round 7 Pick 27: D.J. Wonnum, DE, South Carolina (A+)

Dream world!!

Yes, sometimes it just gets stuck processing after you make the pick and then you need to wait a minute or two until it moves on...

Meanwhile, had another go at it while using @BaconGrundleCandy big board as a rough guideline:
View attachment 26850

Regarding the PFF grades, here's what their algorithm would've chose on the first 3 picks:
33 - Jacob Eason (38%), Grant Delpit (22.7%), Austin Jackson (19.2%)
65 - Jake Fromm (56.7%), Isaiah Wilson (16%), Jalen Hurts (13.9%)
75 - Jake Fromm (65%), Jalen Hurts (21.1%)

Their algorithm seems to love mocking QBs to the Patriots. :D
Yes it does...QB is obviously higher on its own Pats need list than I have it...

I just finished a PFF mock on Firefox...cleaning out the old files on it must've helped, because I had no problem this time...
Settings were: 25%PFF, Draft for Need: a Lot, Positional Value: a Lot, Random ...

upload_2020-4-10_20-16-37.png

I guess PFF didn't like my draft too much, but I thought I did fairly well considering who was available at the positions I was looking to fill at each pick...

Last edited:
Yes it does...I just finished a PFF mock on Firefox...cleaning out the old files on it must've helped, because I had no problem this time...
Settings were: 25%PFF, Draft for Need: a Lot, Positional Value: a Lot...

View attachment 26851

I guess PFF didn't like my draft too much, but I thought I did fairly well considering who was available at the positions I was looking to fill at each pick...

even though he shorter than short, Robertson has some amazing tape! He is fearless and would make a great slot corner in our defense.

even though he shorter than short, Robertson has some amazing tape! He is fearless and would make a great slot corner in our defense.
Yeah and he doesn't lack for confidence either, based on a recent interview on the Sirius XM NFL channel...We really don't have a backup Slot CB, and I didn't like the way Johnny Jones ended the season after he returned from injury...And at #125, Robertson IMO was the best Slot CB - if not best DB period - still available...

Is there a big enough difference in game film when it comes to taking Murray at 23 compared to willie gay a few rounds later?

Ok, my most recent effort on Fanspeak. Would be quite excited with this haul.

23: R1P23

QB TUA TAGOVAILOA
ALABAMA
87: R3P23

G JOHN SIMPSON
CLEMSON
98: R3P34

TE HARRISON BRYANT
FAU
100: R3P36

LB LOGAN WILSON
WYOMING
125: R4P19

LB TROY DYE
OREGON
172: R5P26

EDGE TREVIS GIPSON
TULSA
195: R6P16

TE DALTON KEENE
VIRGINIA TECH
204: R6P25

WR AARON PARKER
RHODE ISLAND
212: R6P33

G KEVIN DOTSON
LOUISIANA
213: R6P34

EDGE DERREK TUSZKA
N. DAKOTA ST.
230: R7P16

WR OMAR BAYLESS
ARKANSAS ST.
241: R7P27

WR TRISHTON JACKSON
SYRACUSE

Dream world!!
I would give up sex and alcohol for a while to land that haul of players.

Dream world!!
Remove Madubuike or Agim and replace him with a C/G, and I'm sold...

Is there a big enough difference in game film when it comes to taking Murray at 23 compared to willie gay a few rounds later?
Baggage mostly, plus Murray's instincts are first-round-caliber, whereas Gay isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer...

New attempt, using BGC’s NEP big board on Draft Network (no trades):

23. Cesar Ruiz, IOL, Michigan
87. Jordan Elliot, IDL, Missouri
98. Jabari Zuniga, Edge, Florida
100. Gabriel Davis, WR, UC
125. Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
172. Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State
195. James Proche, WR, SMU
204. Cale Garrett, LB, Missouri
212. Raequan Williams, IDL, Michigan State
213. Darryl Williams, IOL, Mississippi State
230. Steven Sullivan, TE, LSU
241. Joe Reed, WR, Virginia

Made a few trades. Dropped out of 23 and ended up with 2 2nds. Hit my main goals which were LB, OL, TE, and WR.

upload_2020-4-11_21-5-5.jpeg

Playing around with the PFN Mock Draft Simulator, and thought I'd kind of live blog my draft:

At #23, there were some guys I like, but in this mock, Jordan Love was still on the board. The Chargers went OL at #6, so I managed to swap #23 for #37 and #71 to allow LA to move up and grab Love.

A lot of players I'm not that interested in ended up going between #23 and #37. I think I might be able to move down again without a great deal of risk. I trade #37 and #100 to Atlanta for #47 and #78. That means I've turned #23 and #100 into #47, #71, and #78. If you go by the Draft Pick Trade Value Chart, I've traded away 860 points, and gotten back 865.

I instantly regret the second trade down as Cole Kmet goes to Carolina at #38 - WAY earlier than I anticipated. I wanted either Kmet or Trautman from this draft, but now it seems like they're both going to go in the 2nd round. I'm not comfortable taking Trautman at #47. I'm probably overthinking this. Take the best player who fits a need. There's someone I like who I'm really surprised is still available in the middle of the 2nd round. At #47, I select Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin.

I still want Trautman. I try to work something out with teams near the bottom of the 2nd round to move up into the low 60s, but can't find a taker at a price I think is reasonable. I'm holding my breath as the 2nd round ends and Trautman is still on the board. I'm thinking my gamble is about to pay off.

It doesn't. Trautman goes four picks ahead of me to the Jets at #67 at the top of the 3rd round. I've failed in getting one of my two TE targets.

Back to basics - take the best player who fits a need. I didn't start this draft thinking I'd take a safety real high, but like Baun, there's a guy on the board who I didn't think would be there at this point in the draft - a guy that I think the Patriots could deploy in a number of roles. At pick #71, I'm taking Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois.

I'm still looking for offensive playmakers, but the board isn't falling my way. The value is still on the defensive side of the ball. I follow up the Baun and Chinn picks by taking Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama at #78. After I make the pick, I tell myself, "Offense at #87, no matter what."

OK, so which offensive player do I go for? To be honest, I'm not sold on any of the choices as a difference-maker. If I go TE, it'd probably be Albert Okwuegbunam, who I don't love. If I go WR, I'm probably going to choose between Van Jefferson, Donovan Peoples-Jones, and Gabriel Davis. My favorite player on the board is Clyde Edwards-Hillaire, the RB from LSU. I could take him and then release Burkhead, saving almost $3.0 million against the cap. But if I take Edwards-Hillaire, it probably means either giving up on Sony Michel, or another season where Damien Harris doesn't dress. I'm not ready to give up on Michel, and I want to give Harris a chance to take Burkhead's spot in the lineup. I'm going with Van Jefferson, WR, Florida, who may not be a star, but he's dependable, and I think he'll play in the NFL for a long, long time.

Okwuegbunam is still on the board at #98. As I said - I'm not a huge fan. In fact, beyond Kmet and Trautman, I'm not a huge fan of any of the rest of the TE class. But I don't see how the Patriots can go another year without picking at least one. Pick #98 is Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri.

Another RB I like - Zack Moss from Utah - is available at #125, but I can't pull the trigger for the same reasons I didn't pull the trigger on Edwards-Hillaire. There are two players I like that I think would fit needs, and I can't really decide between them. I don't think either would be there at #172, but I think I might be able to hold out a little longer to take them. I'm looking to trade down and maybe cash in some of those late picks I've got. I trade #125, #195, and #213 to Philadelphia for #145 and #146.

This time, my gamble pays off - both my targets are still available. I haven't addressed the OL yet, and I think it's time. I'm taking a kid who I think is athletic, versatile, and underrated. Pick #145 is Hakeem Adeniji, OL, Kansas.

At #146, we're going quarterback. I realize I'm on an island here, but after Burrow, Herbert, and Tagovailoa, QB4 in this draft for me isn't Love or Eason or even Jake Fromm. It's James Morgan, QB, Florida International.

Back to defense at #172. Taking a bit of a flyer on a kid who has a good frame, is a good Special Teams player, and was a three-year team captain in the SEC - DJ Wonnum, DE, South Carolina. He just feels like a Belichick pick.

Given my screen name, this next pick friggin' pains me, but it fills a need, and he's a pretty good kicker. #204 overall is Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia.

We're now well into the stage of the draft where I'm hoping to pick up guys who can provide a little depth and maybe push some other players who have some questions. I wasn't a huge fan of Ted Karras, but he does need to be replaced. Maybe Hjalte Froholdt is the guy. Maybe he isn't. Either way, it'd be nice to have some insurance. Pick #212 is Calvin Throckmorton, OL, Oregon.

Speaking of depth, the Patriots still lack linebackers. So at #230, I'm going with the best LB in all of FBS... a guy who's scouting report - at least to me - screams "Patriots" - Dante Olson, LB, Montana.

And to wrap things up at #241, I'm double dipping at TE in the hopes of pushing either LaCosse or Izzo off the roster. He likely won't be available in the 7th round two weeks from now, but in this simulation, pick #241 is Dalton Keene, TE, Virginia Tech.

New attempt, using BGC’s NEP big board on Draft Network (no trades):

23. Cesar Ruiz, IOL, Michigan
87. Jordan Elliot, IDL, Missouri
98. Jabari Zuniga, Edge, Florida
100. Gabriel Davis, WR, UC
125. Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic
172. Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State
195. James Proche, WR, SMU
204. Cale Garrett, LB, Missouri
212. Raequan Williams, IDL, Michigan State
213. Darryl Williams, IOL, Mississippi State
230. Steven Sullivan, TE, LSU
241. Joe Reed, WR, Virginia
If any of Run-Stuffers Raekwon Davis, Davon Hamilton & Leki Fotu (in that order) are still available at #87, I would take one of them here instead of 3-Tech Elliot...We absolutely need LBs, but I don't think that Cale Garrett is even a draftable prospect...And other than still needing a Slot CB/Free Safety, I like these picks.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back