PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Kicker is ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many notable games have the Pats won due to erratic Kickers?

The Chargers Kaeting missing in the lights out post season game. 14 - 2 Marty was fired thereafter.
The Ravens kicker missing the AFC Championship in the season whee Myra Kraft passed on.
The Colts Vanderjadt missed kick when he motion " money in the bank" towards the Pats sideline.

Im relatively sure there must be more that escape me at this moment.

How many games has NE lost to a bad FG Kicker?

I go back to Adam V vs KC IN 1999 when he hit the post.
A Ravens game comes to mind that may have been good. but ruled a miss.

How many notable games have the Pats won due to erratic Kickers?

The Chargers Kaeting missing in the lights out post season game. 14 - 2 Marty was fired thereafter.
The Ravens kicker missing the AFC Championship in the season whee Myra Kraft passed on.
The Colts Vanderjadt missed kick when he motion " money in the bank" towards the Pats sideline.

Im relatively sure there must be more that escape me at this moment.

How many games has NE lost to a bad FG Kicker?

I go back to Adam V vs KC IN 1999 when he hit the post.
A Ravens game comes to mind that may have been good. but ruled a miss.

Gostkowski blew a game when he shanked that last second kick that would have capped a comeback win against Arizona back in 2012.

Ask the Colts about kickers, if Vinatieri had been his normal self last year they'd have been in the playoffs, at least 2 different games he cost them and it was the difference between 9-7 and a Wild Card berth, and 7-9

Vin may have cost Brissett his job in Indianapolis too. If the Colts had a winning record maybe they spend their money elsewhere rather than gambling on Rivers.

Gostkowski blew a game when he shanked that last second kick that would have capped a comeback win against Arizona back in 2012.

He also missed the XP in Denver in January 2016 which played a huge factor in that game.

Kickers are important. Curious to see how this plays out.

I think they will run an experiment between Folk and Rorh. They can play the PS game for up to 4 weeks. They like Rorh's power, but his technique is lacking and he was not able to develop in August/Sept. He may have been fine if her were able to come into a regular season with coaching. He seemed to improve once Folk came in. So I think we see Folk in the first few games and a Rorh experiment in game 3. My guess is they are buying time to work with Rorh. If he does not improve, its either Folk or a PS pick like McLaughlin.

He also missed the XP in Denver in January 2016 which played a huge factor in that game.

Kickers are important. Curious to see how this plays out.
Yep...the Pats were chasing that missed point throughout the game, and was the reason they went for two pathetically weak 4th-down conversion attempts during the 4th quarter...Gostkowski (and Chris Harper) cost us the AFC Championship and a shot at Scam Newton's Panthers...I would've liked their chances in that game too, despite all their issues...

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Really these extra points are messing up the kickers these days.

The misses are few and far between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing