PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Kicker is ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blankenship was available in 5th, 6th or 7th rounds and apparently has been outstanding in Colts camp and has made their team.
To say Rohrweiser was perhaps as big of a reach as Jordan Richards in the 2nd round is probably not an understatement.

Must be plenty of soccer players around looking for a contract:haha:

Rohrwasser.....Lol.

I'm surprised it took this long. I'm glad he was released as he was a bad look for the team. It's no secret why he wore sleeves during training camp and the team was hiding him from reporters to avoid them asking him about that tattoo. And what's the first thing Mike Reiss mentions about his release? His tattoo.

He had the 3% tattoo removed or covered over.. team was hiding him?? The Pats, per NFL rules, only offer who they have to offer as the face of the team.. rookie kickers in TC are hardly newsworthy..

Blankenship was available in 5th, 6th or 7th rounds and apparently has been outstanding in Colts camp and has made their team.
To say Rohrweiser was perhaps as big of a reach as Jordan Richards in the 2nd round is probably not an understatement.

I advocated for Hot Rod, pre draft, sometimes I think BB outsmarts himself by trying to find the one guy nobody was expecting instead of making the obvious choice. Blankenship has played in the biggest games in college, made alot of clutch kicks (did miss huge one). He was the logical choice. Nobody was drafting Rotchester, especially where the Pats drafted him.

Its what happens when have a surfeit of mid to low round picks ... You start drafting kickers ...

Rohrwasser was the 3rd kicker drafted by BB since he got here ... 1 for 3 ain't great

Failed to address WR and now K. Is QB next?

So much is riding on Cam who beat out Stidham tbe incumbent by default.
Certainly wouldn’t have addressed it by paying for pouty Tompa with the 88 passer rating last year...

Its what happens when have a surfeit of mid to low round picks ... You start drafting kickers ...

Rohrwasser was the 3rd kicker drafted by BB since he got here ... 1 for 3 ain't great

It’s also a SSS and not much worse than league average.

That BB playing possum while the others sleep at the wheel.

Obese-Manchester-united-supporter.jpg

The Patriots really screwed up drafting Rohrwasser in the 5th. It has been a long time since I felt that a draft pick was the wrong one from the second it was announced. There have been a lot of head-scratchers but very few WTH picks like this.

The Patriots really screwed up drafting Rohrwasser in the 5th. It has been a long time since I felt that a draft pick was the wrong one from the second it was announced. There have been a lot of head-scratchers but very few WTH picks like this.

Jordan Richards will be that for me and it’s not close.

It's not a huge deal drafting rohrwasser in the fifth... What really hurts is the lack of otas etc so the ability to assess the player early on went missing. Would have good to see more undrafted talent in camp once you identify deficiencies in his game... Folk will do for a spell but consistency in the kicking game is a must

Didn’t like the pick either. But then again I thought they had some unseen knowledge from a scout that might of proved otherwise for bypassing Blankenship,McLaughlin. We aren’t used to having new kickers in camp but man Rohr was bad.

I understand the need for a rookie kicker.

but why no competition for most of camp?

seems so anti-bb.

Kicker is one of the most important positions on the team over the BB era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down