PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 UDFA prospects

Perhaps I am bias because I live in Worcester now, but even still I can't say that I've actually seen him play in person.

That said let me introduce you to
Peter Pujals 2018 NFL Draft, QB Prospect- Holy Cross

It would be hilarious if the Pats actually ...

Naw. It'll never happen.

Thanks to all for great contributions! After I was comfortably ahead of the Draft I fell painfully behind and couldn't even follow let alone contribute. But here we go for the last push!

Here's a potential hybrid gem . Mike Needham is getting some buzz and looks to me very intriguing for Pats. Solid size, great athleticism, smart, good poise, has some strength and toughness. Just have the highlight tape and while it doesn't say the key story looks really impressive: range and fluidity, instincts,awareness, anticipation in rare combination with discipline and contain, recovery and pursuit.. Much to like. It will be interesting to see how all this can translate to NFL.. I'll try to find some full game tape but acc. to this Id be very happy with this low round pick.

Pauline: "His aggressive nature makes many believe he’ll be a standout on special teams." He mentions the Titans, Vikings, Jaguars and Texans as teams interested in his services, and Pauline believes he'll either go late on Day 3 or sign as a priority free agent.
___

(btw - looks, behaves like Hogan in that second vid)

Last edited:
And here let's add some reality check on Needham #34 vs solid competition.

They line him up all over the place but looks best fit at star or dropping in coverage. He is easily blocked in the box and rushing and struggles tackling RBs but still offers some situational value in demand in todays NFL. I think he has a better chance to stick around than Bates last yr and since M.Flowers signed for only 1 year he could be an option.

btw - His numbers are on par or better than Kam Chancellor:
Chancellor: 6’3—231—4.69—7.36—VJ:32—BJ:09'08—BP:22
..Needham: 6’3—224—4.53—7.15—VJ:35—BJ:10'06—BP:20

Still big difference on the field though..

Another hybrid gem - Foyesade Oluokun #23 Yale - SS/FS/OLB/+ST!
6’2-230-4.48(1.60)-6.94-4.12

has true S and LB experience - and actually plays like both (and not something in between like most “hybrid“ options) . deadly in pair w Oplinger already presented in this thread . and is a ST monster

amazing attitude, poise, strength, plays bigger, takes on OTs, takes away TEs, tackles everybody, blitzes from all positions, covers almost like a man CB, plays the ball to the end, great movement in all directions, sheds blocks, pursuit, tackles well, plays smart..

i know its low competition but this boy looks like he's simply got it.
i think i'm in love..

happy to find my David Jones of the year . and possibly star option for NE future
___

here extensive and very impressive highlights

here a feel in a whole game . big game . makes impact on every play
(look at 11:00 how he pushes in TE and G from the edge with one hand:cool:)

prep for Draft

___

and btw - economics graduate ;)

Last edited:
Is it weird that I get just as excited about seeing which UDFAs the Pats sign as I do about seeing who they draft?

With only 17 open spots, that means the Pats almost certainly will have fewer agents to be negotiating over the phone with during the post-draft telethon/scrum.

After trading all our picks for a QB there’ll still be 16 slots :)

With only 17 open spots, that means the Pats almost certainly will have fewer agents to be negotiating over the phone with during the post-draft telethon/scrum.

as projected couple of months ago ;) (still plenty intriguing vets out there as well..)

Is it weird that I get just as excited about seeing which UDFAs the Pats sign as I do about seeing who they draft?

No! i hope. i get more..

After trading all our picks for a QB there’ll still be 16 slots :)

sic! if itd be up to BB (well, thats a nice oxymoron) - id guess he'd pack Chubb, Nelson and Minkah in his pickup, leave the QB choice to the boys and go golfing till Sunday..

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back