PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Patriots Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't bother me that they have zero former players as I just care that they hire the best possible coaches while continually evaluating and upgrading their staff; Which brings me to the brothers Belichick.

Nepotism is one of the few fundamental issues that I have with Kraft/Belichick. On the ownership side I understand the need to have family involved (Jonathon), but I think it's critical to not permit your gm/coach to hire family members.

Even if Belichick's sons are the most qualified coaches for the job, it's natural for some of his staff and players to believe that it was family favoritism, rather than their qualifications, that got them their jobs. This breads resentment and conflict, which often leads to bad bad things...

I hate breaded resentment, conflict, pork chops, veal. Chicken tenders are okay done that way, though.

Flores and Mayo never played in the NFL but they both played at a level higher than Division III which is rarity. Coach Bill prefers the small college football wonks who owe their entire career to him. It helps with discipline. Like a recent DC who with a Head Coach position in his pocket still could not bring himself to tell Coach Bill to get real when he told him to bench a starter in the Super Bowl for no reason.

Nepotism is standard operating procedure in the NFL. At least in this case, the chips off the old block are not chips off a blockhead at least.

Bielsma is the lucky guy who gets to babysit Belichick for Kraft and protect Coach Bill from himself.

Based on your assumption is that BB is a petty and vengeful dictator who arbitrarily ordered Patricia, as an underling, to bench Butler, indicates that you're living in the media-created alternative reality where there are no grown-ups.

but can someone explain to me why the hell it would even matter if a coach would is a former player or not.

Personally, I'd be interested in coaches who are great communicators and teachers, and obsessive students of the game. Wouldn't matter if they played at a high level or not.

Based on your assumption is that BB is a petty and vengeful dictator who arbitrarily ordered Patricia, as an underling, to bench Butler, indicates that you're living in the media-created alternative reality where there are no grown-ups.
That doesn't mean that it's still not true.
Personally, I'd be interested in coaches who are great communicators and teachers, and obsessive students of the game. Wouldn't matter if they played at a high level or not.
It might matter to the players being coached, however.
Besides, there should be enough assistants available who are both.

So, a kid plays HS football. There's an infinitesimal chance that his coach/coaches played in the NFL - maybe not even Division-II college ball.

He goes on to play for a Division-I college, where the odds are still really tiny that he's being coached by former NFL players.

Then, after all that coaching from non-NFL players that was good enough to make him good enough to get to the NFL, and into a spot on the Pats roster (or in the running for one), the guy is suddenly unhappy with NOT being coached by former NFL players?

Huh! Maybe that's the problem with Jordan Richards?

It seems to me that, if there were former NFL players available to BB as coaches, who were also better at teaching and coaching than the guys he has on staff, they'd almost certainly be employed in Foxboro.

Even if Belichick's sons are the most qualified coaches for the job, it's natural for some of his staff and players to believe that it was family favoritism, rather than their qualifications, that got them their jobs. This breads resentment and conflict, which often leads to bad bad things...

from all accounts i've heard, Steve worked his ass off from the ground up. He received no short cuts, the only people who might feel otherwise are people outside of the patriots

That doesn't mean that it's still not true.

Double negative anyone?? "That does mean that it's still true..."

"It might matter", pure speculation.. most of the coaching staff have played football to some extent at various levels.. but not sure it should be a requirement.

Double negative anyone?? "That does mean that it's still true..."

"It might matter", pure speculation.. most of the coaching staff have played football to some extent at various levels.. but not sure it should be a requirement.

Eh, I don't think you're really in a position to be picking apart someone's grasp on the basics of the English language. You frequently leave out the word "I" in your posts which makes them read like they're being told by an old man in overalls with a piece of straw hanging out of his mouth while rocking back and forth in a wooden rocking chair.

Man, Ventrone got cut AGAIN!

Just curious, but is there any other coaching staff in the league that has Zero former players on it, and contains not one but Two sons of the HC on it?

Don't worry Jordan Richards will buck that trend soon enough. You know what they say Horrible players more times than not make Good Coaches...go figure.:p:D

Eh, I don't think you're really in a position to be picking apart someone's grasp on the basics of the English language. You frequently leave out the word "I" in your posts which makes them read like they're being told by an old man in overalls with a piece of straw hanging out of his mouth while rocking back and forth in a wooden rocking chair.

Perhaps it would be best if posts were submitted to you directly for commentary and correction.. either that or some folks have too much time on their hands i.e. stalkers.

When was taught to write we always tried to avoid personal pronouns, which is somewhat of an art and a challenge..

But in the ADD world the use of double negatives is perfectly acceptable..

Thanks for paying attention though..

Perhaps it would be best if posts were submitted to you directly for commentary and correction.. either that or some folks have too much time on their hands i.e. stalkers.

When was taught to write we always tried to avoid personal pronouns, which is somewhat of an art and a challenge..

But in the ADD world the use of double negatives is perfectly acceptable..

Thanks for paying attention though..
Aside from this post, “when was taught to write,” here is another example...

What is interesting have not heard of anyone pimping this book anywhere, until this thread. Always wonder how folks from afar can write a 320 page book without personal interaction with the principals... who are the sources Borges, Felger or some other nitwit who plies their trade circulating rumor and innuendo??..

This book was released on Aug. 31 and already there are already used copies available on Amazon for a discount..

The Lombardi Book is due out on 11 September that will suffice for this season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes