SOURCE:Patriots.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Steelers
Sun
Dec 16th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Shocking Ending
Sunday's loss in Miami was shocking and will likely have the Patriots doing some second-guessing this week.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

2018 NCAA season watch thread.

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by KontradictioN, Sep 8, 2018.

1. XLIX

XLIX Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +11,028
    Ah yes.... moving the goalposts again (and desperately hoping nobody notices). You asked if the committee factors in close games against good teams. OSU suffered because they got blown out by a bad team, which is considerably different from a close lose against a good team.
    Oh I can look at things beyond the score itself but even then, your argument is a failure. The stats were reasonably close at that point in the game too. UGA had the lead, but it was nowhere near an "ass kicking".
    Yes, I do believe Georgia is the better team. I never said they weren't. However, I do not believe it would be the sheer domination that you seem to think it would be. Neither team is as good as they were last year. Both teams lost a lot of talent. OU lost Mayfield but UGA arguably lost more top talent, 2 players were drafted in the 1st round by NE (Wynn and Michel). They also lost Roquan Smith and Nick Chubb.

If they played, it would be a close game that would go down to the wire - just like last year.
    I think you are very confused about what is being discussed. I am 100% on board with expanding the playoffs to 8 teams. Did you skip your late-morning nap, grandpa?

2. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,653
    I think UG should absolutely be in but I'll say this. I can't wait to see OK OL against Bama. Bobby Evans, Powers & Humphrey are looked at as top 100 picks or in Humphrey's case & a vg up & coming player (rsfr)

Murray & Tua.

Game has plenty of hype.

3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,821
    This isn't that difficult. Even for you. The committee considered that OU's loss to Texas (a close game) was better than OSU's loss to Purdue (a blowout vs. an unranked team). So close games against good teams, which Texas was this year, was something that was clearly considered. As for moving the goalposts? You might want to go back to the community college you attended and ask for your money back. You're not using the expression correctly.

Sure it was. Especially by Alabama's standards. They've blown out everyone they played against and were down two scores late into the game. That's an ass kicking.

You've just defeated whatever argument you were trying to make. If Georgia is the better team, but OU got in, the committee did not create a field with the four best teams.

Alabama/Georgia went down to the wire. Does this mean that you think Alabama/OU is going to go down to the wire too, since both Alabama and Georgia were that close? Let's get you on record.

Do these insults go over well at the Moose Lodge with the rest of the overweight, obnoxious drunks that you hang out with? Did they all get banned from forums too and have to sneak back in under a different username? Lmaoo. Loser.

4. XLIX

XLIX Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +11,028
    Now now, no need to throw a tantrum just because I called you out.

You didn't say late in the game, you said "after 3 1/2 quarters."

Once again you say something, get called out on how wrong your statement is, and then subtly try to reword your original statement and hope no one notices.
    Where did I say they did??
    OK I will go on record with the following: GFY.

As for football, Alabama is far and away the best team in college football. I've been saying it all year. Everyone else is just playing for 2nd place. This year's team is arguably among the best college teams of all time. The fact that their conference rival played them close does nothing to change that fact.
    LOL!!! So now we're going back 3 years to the old politics forum? Pathetic. Everyone knows who I am and I never denied it. The mod who banned me is no longer a mod on this forum because of his abuse of power.

Seriously, lighten up. You really don't have to be an ******* 100% of the time. It's just college football. All I did was disagree with your statement that Georgia kicked Alabama's ass for 3 1/2 quarters. Yeah they were winning but it was hardly an ass kicking.

Why you decided to throw your temper tantrum over a statement of disagreement only proves what an insecure, pathetic loser you are. Enjoy arguing with yourself, I won't even be seeing if you responded.

5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Josh Gordon's locker is next to Brady's. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41,821
    No tantrum. Just a statement of fact. You clearly have no clue what the expression means. Given that this is the only thing you decided to respond to the quote part, I'll take this as a white flag waving in the breeze and assume you're aware that they take into account those types of games and those types of results. Because it's fairly obvious.

3 1/2 quarters is late in the game. On top of critical thinking, math doesn't seem to be your strong suit, either.

Meaning that you think the better team got in and the only reason Georgia would get in is because they gave Alabama a close game and no other reason.

[​IMG]

"Hyuck hyuck yeah I'll hit him with a GFY and show him how super edgy I am."

Nah, it was just because you were generally useless as a poster. Not much has changed. And LOL that a man your age just posted the above paragraph.

Disagreement is fine. You decided to go personal with the lame "nap" comment so I gave it back to you. Nobody is crying here besides you. If you dish it out (or fail miserably trying in this case), you should generally be able to take it. This is something you should know by now in your advanced age.

Sure you will. What else will you be doing? Getting laid? Definitely not. I think it’s fairly obvious at this point that there isn’t a whole lot of that going on right now. Calm yourself, Wolfpack. You’ll give yourself a grabber eventually if you go through life with this much sheer frustration. It’s football.

6. fightingirish595

fightingirish595 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,772
    This. Oklahoma May just have the best offensive line in the country. I think OU will get their points... will they be able to get enough stops

• Like Like x 1
  7. fightingirish595

fightingirish595 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,772
    Notre Dame needs to beat Clemson and show they are back.

8. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Clemson is bringing a freshman qb to the party. If he gets hit a few times, he could come unglued and morph into a future jets qb, scared, unprepared and inaccurate!

But is Notre Dane fast enough to stay with Clemson? What happens if Notre Dame can not run the ball on that super talented Clemson defensive line?

Hard to see Notre Dame winning, but isn’t that why they play these games?

• Like Like x 1
  9. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,653
  10. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,660
    And, Urban Meyer will step down after Rose Bowl.

11. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Wow! I hope he can recruit.