PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Free Agency -- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richards has his spot just because the team refuses to replace him. Whether that means they like him or their plans keep falling through remains to be seen.

Richards has a spot because he plays well on ST. If it was that easy to replace him in that role he would have been off the team maybe 2 years ago already.

Ra'Shede Hageman (6057/310)
... drafted #37 overall by ATL in 2014 out of Minnesota

5.02/40
1.75/10yd
32 reps
35.5" vert
114" long jump
4.50 shuttle
7.87 3-cone

2014-2016:
44 games, 16 starts ... 61 tackles, 4 sacks, 2 PD

2014 = 220 snaps (+83 ST)
2015 = 419 snaps (+66 ST)
2016 = 266 snaps (+31 ST)

Domestic violence charges:

In late-August 2017, Hageman pled guilty to a misdemeanor related to domestic violence charges stemming from a March 2016 incident (he apparently made the Falcons aware of the incident shortly thereafter but played in 2016, anyway).

He was placed on the Commissioner's Exempt List on Sept. 2, 2017 - then was released by the Falcons on Sept. 4th, and then suspended by the league for six games. He was out of football all of last season.

He was talked about quite a bit in the draft board back in the days.

Watching hard knocks his rookie season, he has the talent but very immature. Hopefully he’s grown up since then.

The move makes more sense now. It's clear that both of them (previously it was just Gruden) are living in 2008.

Interesting. Johnson has played ILB/OLB in a 3-4 defense almost his entire career. Through last season, Oakland was running a 3-4, but Gruden hired Paul Guenther as his DC, and Guenther hasn't run anything but a 4-3, AFAIK.

I suppose Johnson is just happy to have a job, regardless.

Since Pats have 1 less DT on board than usual on 90 . adding another DT was the safest bet for FA part 2 (esp. w Valentine's injury history). If VV is fine throughout preseason it will be a steep hill for any late vet addition to get the job . but its always nice to have a player that goes through the process on speed dial..

Interesting to see Hageman first to work out but if kept in shape and Kraft accepts his redemption . this could be a very solid late vet signing..

I rather they signed Eric Reid than hageman.

Since Pats have 1 less DT on board than usual on 90 . adding another DT was the safest bet for FA part 2 (esp. w Valentine's injury history). If VV is fine throughout preseason it will be a steep hill for any late vet addition to get the job . but its always nice to have a player that goes through the process on speed dial..

Interesting to see Hageman first to work out but if kept in shape and Kraft accepts his redemption . this could be a very solid late vet signing..

Apparently, he has been keeping in shape.

I'm probably just being silly, but I'm still intrigued by the Pats continuing to sniff around 3-4 DE types.

I’m as much an apologist as the next, but those who have criticized teams for putting up w people like Hageman will need to chastise NE as well.

I have always been a « winning is the only thing that matters » and « they aren’t our friends, so who cares if they are likeable ». But, since Ray Rice and the movement against violence, I am drifting more towards « win at all cost, but hitting women or being violent in a relationship might be the line you don’t cross... » when it comes to signing players.

I love Reid as a player

But anyone who sues the NFL is a ****ing Idiot. He no longer has a place on this team. Him and buddy Kap can spend their season kneeing on the putting green

I’m curious on how much it would cost to sign Reid. How much is he going after by suing the nfl? It seems a vet min deal may not be in his best interest if he’s going for millions in a lawsuit. You would thinking signing anywhere would hurt his case.

I love Reid as a player

But anyone who sues the NFL is a ****ing Idiot. He no longer has a place on this team. Him and buddy Kap can spend their season kneeing on the putting green

Dude, Tom Brady sued the NFL.

Apparently, he has been keeping in shape.

I'm probably just being silly, but I'm still intrigued by the Pats continuing to sniff around 3-4 DE types.

great job.

i actually thought theyd draft one but i was obviously a year early..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes