PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

I heard people say the blues are a mirror of the bruins....my guess is they did not consider puck skills because besides that, they are kind of similar

I’m glad this was put out there......now I can sleep

Wow...I assume that Blues' fans are little more educated than Columbus or Carolina fans, but after visiting one of their message boards I saw quite a few posts claiming that Krug's hit on Thomas was charging and they don't even understand the definition of charging, boarding or even cross-checking. Krug's hit was as legit as you'll see in today's game.
They're all idiots, haven't had hockey for a hundred years like we have.

Wow...I assume that Blues' fans are little more educated than Columbus or Carolina fans, but after visiting one of their message boards I saw quite a few posts claiming that Krug's hit on Thomas was charging and they don't even understand the definition of charging, boarding or even cross-checking. Krug's hit was as legit as you'll see in today's game.

It was flat out charging because Krug left his feet. But since the refs really bungled it on the other end when Krug got de-helmeted, they were smart to put away their whistles on this play.

It was flat out charging because Krug left his feet. But since the refs really bungled it on the other end when Krug got de-helmeted, they were smart to put away their whistles on this play.
No it wasn't. He left his feet after he hit Thomas, not before...big difference. And the length he skated to hit Thomas is negated because Thomas played the puck.

Cassidy swapped line matchups in the 2nd and the B’s came alive.
Still waiting for the B’s first playoff fight. My money is on Backes.
Big Z is more of a liability than an asset. Legs are gone
Love how the Kuraly line just charges to the net every time they’re on the ice...2 series in a row.
Despite the chippiness, not the hard hitting game I expected.
Playoff hockey is the best....18 games laying on the line and counting
Wish I was there

When your team has 4 out of 6 defensemen joining the offense regularly it stresses the opponent out over the course of the game ... it was a factor last night and has been during these playoffs.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks Krug's hit was charging has never played hockey and has no clue what charging is.

Leaving one's feet has nothing to do with charging. It is all about distance travelled to deliver a vicious hit. Krug did travel quite a distance, but watch the final 20 feet or so he traveled. He stopped his stride and COASTED into the hit.

It was a violent and clean hit.

If you think that's a penalty, the NBA finals begin soon and may be your cup of tea.

Last edited:
But is pretty funny given the poster’s avatar.

They must have taken down the original post and my response. I can't find them and your reply didn't have my post attached. I didn't think it was funny.

The Bruins are playing bad hockey, but they still lead 3-2. That's a good sign.
This is hilarious. Every post of yours on this thread proves more and more how little you know about hockey. I'm convinced you just flap your gums and play contrarian just to try to rile people up

The Bruins absolutely dominated and kicked ass all night, other than about a 3 minute stretch in the first. They made two really boneheaded plays, each of which led to goals. It happens. Other than that, they controlled the game from start to finish and dominated every facet of the game. The Blues had a grand total of two shots all second period, and overall were outshot 38-20. "Bad hockey" teams don't dominate shots, TOA, hits, puck battles, etc.

We're going to win in 5, if not sweep, and you'll be in here telling us the Bruins played poorly this postseason lmao

I can't imagine how this compare/contrast even showed up in your brain, and then sustained the interest level to generate this much thought, and then the energy and time to write it all down.

So why is this thread comparing a hockey team to a football team?...And before they start laughably comparing themselves to dynasty teams like the Packers or Canadiens, they have a ways to go to match the success of the Bruins (along with the Patriots, Celtics, and Red Sox.)

It actually wasn't. Krug glided from center ice, never took any strides toward Thomas and he didn't leave his feet. Him leaving his feet was after contact and was the direct result of the hit. That's a textbook clean open ice hit, although it did look really punishing.

upload_2019-5-28_10-45-21.png

No it wasn't. He left his feet after he hit Thomas, not before...big difference. And the length he skated to hit Thomas is negated because Thomas played the puck.

IMO, he launched into Thomas. He did leave his feet a fraction before he made contact.

It actually wasn't. Krug glided from center ice, never took any strides toward Thomas and he didn't leave his feet. Him leaving his feet was after contact and was the direct result of the hit. That's a textbook clean open ice hit, although it did look really punishing.

View attachment 23421

I could be wrong but doesn't look like his skates are on the ice.

IMO, he launched into Thomas. He did leave his feet a fraction before he made contact.

If the still pic above isn't enough to convince you of the error of that opinion take another look at the video. Freeze it at 58 seconds, Krug not only didn't leave his feet but was gliding when contact was made. Textbook open ice hit

If the still pic above isn't enough to convince you of the error of that opinion take another look at the video. Freeze it at 58 seconds, Krug not only didn't leave his feet but was gliding when contact was made. Textbook open ice hit

Gliding on the tips of his skates.... yeah, sure.

the video showed it perfectly. he never left his feet until after the hit was made.

Gliding on the tips of his skates.... yeah, sure.

My bad. When I saw this...

I mistakenly thought you might be interested in what really happened :rolleyes:

Reactions: ALP

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back