PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Bruins have played half a game 1 man down because of penalties and the Blues puling their goalie so much.

Mahomes and Kelce were at the game bringing the Chiefs winning karma from KC.

Sweeney has done an exceptional job building this team, and his moves for Coyle and Johanson at the trade deadline have turned out to be huge in this Cup Run. It’s hard to see the Blues beating them when they are getting this kind of production from every line. The 3rd and 4th lines are killing them.

Binganton is already on the hook for 11 goals

Rask only 6.

Defense wins championships.

Blues will be coming hard for Rask via cheap shot.

All 5 Bruins on the ice need to drop the gloves and start swinging.

LMFAO, Douche apparently has the handful of guys who pointed out why it wasn't offside ALL on ignore. Did all of you hurt his feelings by calling out his bs too?

He put me on ignore years ago. For someone who literally lives on this site he’s mighty sensitive.

What a game. They just kept scoring and stopping the Blues. The 4th line is a workhorse with a new wrinkle, scoring. The 3rd line has chemistry and can score. The 1st line is a powerhouse, what else needs to be said. Then there is the 2nd line, I don't know what to say about them because they haven't shown up yet. The question is will they?

Go Bruins, one game at a time.

The last 5-8 mins of so of game actually saw the dirtiness disappear, not sure what it was that changed things, but the blues antics definitely went away towards end, hopefully that continues

Blues' signature fight move

anigif_original-grid-image-765-1497052347-8.gif

Much better than betting that dude on the mcgregor boxing match
Only reason I did that was bc he was agreeing to "even" odds. Floyd's odds are always outrageous so why pass up a sure thing. Didn't really get my hopes up but couldn't pass it up.
No I've always used a few shops & have had np for the most part.

Just a few observations:

1. 3 goals were scored when a shot goes off a team's defenseman (2 for the Blues and one for the B's. The one off of Carlo was ridiculous. That shot was going way wide when it hit him. It kind of shows the randomness of scoring in an NHL game.

2. How good is Rask playing? On the aforementioned goal that deflected off of HIS defenseman, he's playing so well, he damned near made the save on it.

3. It was a bit disturbing to see the Blues dominate the first 15 or so minutes of the 3rd period. The 3 penalties didn't help of course, but the Blues were constantly in the B's end.

4. I HATE how the Blues are looking to hurt, not check the B's. But that being said, I think its the only way they can win....or at least THEY think it's the only way they can win.

5. Interesting to see the transformation of this team. When playing against the Maple Leafs, the B's were the slow plodding team trying to chase the speedy skill players of the Leafs. Yet suddenly its the B's who are too fast for the Blues to catch them. How did THAT happen. ;)

6. After the first game, sweep talk was rampant. After the 2nd, it was "how are we going to win this series". After the 3rd it's back to, "we got this". You would think that as Pats fans we would understand the simple concept that every game is DIFFERENT and has little to do with what happened before. The season wasn't over after we got CRUSHED by the Lions, Jags, and Titans. Why? Because the next week is its own separate entity and what happened before has less to do with reality than we think

Like the Pats the Blues have shown tremendous resilience during these playoffs after a loss. I think they are 6-2 after losses. You don't get to the finals of any playoff series without being a VERY resilient team. It was a great win last night. The B's were dominant for most of the game. But 4 goals on 4 shots is NOT going to happen on Monday and the Blues won't be leaving anything on the table.

I'd like to think it will be a cake walk, but I suspect Monday's game will be a one goal game and could go either way. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

What a game. They just kept scoring and stopping the Blues. The 4th line is a workhorse with a new wrinkle, scoring. The 3rd line has chemistry and can score. The 1st line is a powerhouse, what else needs to be said. Then there is the 2nd line, I don't know what to say about them because they haven't shown up yet. The question is will they?

Go Bruins, one game at a time.

I think Krecji shows up pretty much every game, he just doesn’t get as much help as he should.

Binganton is already on the hook for 11 goals

Rask only 6.

Defense wins championships.
Rask has allowed 7 but I get your point.

After the first game, sweep talk was rampant. After the 2nd, it was "how are we going to win this series". After the 3rd it's back to, "we got this".

I never really go that sense that there was a strong "the sky is falling" percentage of the fan base. Sure they'll always will be some. I think there were things everybody knew they had to correct. Start using your speed advantage and don't get dragged down with the chippiness, stop the unforced turnover (they still had them in game 3 but covered up for it), first line has to click.......that's all legit and not the sky is falling. The only thing that made me a little more unsure was losing Grzelec. He's a top two D already and when Z retires they'll move into that role well. I was really worried about losing his ability to break down the STL mid ice checking. To their credit, and Cassidy's, they did a great job in game 3.

Assuming there's no major injuries even if both squads played lights out Rask is just so superior and locked in right now I don't see STL winning the series but I tend to worry until it's over not wanting to jinx things. Last night at 5-2 the wife was like why aren't you going to bed this is over. Ya I can't go to bed until there's no doubt. I would have gone to bed at 6-2 but since they had the PP and had been so good I had to see that and was rewarded.

Only reason I did that was bc he was agreeing to "even" odds. Floyd's odds are always outrageous so why pass up a sure thing. Didn't really get my hopes up but couldn't pass it up.
No I've always used a few shops & have had np for the most part.
I know, that guy just still cracks me up.

Binnington was unimpressive vs San Jose, unimpressive vs the B's in games 1 & 2 and a gaping sieve last night. It's incredible the Blues have accomplished what they have over the past 5 months given Binnington appears to possess the skills of a #2 on bad NHL team.
I can't believe the space available when he slides across the crease. The 5 hole is wide open.

We'll see how the Blues perform when Sundqvist returns

How freakin awesome are hockey players....their toughness is completely off the charts

Just a few observations:

a)
----
4. I HATE how the Blues are looking to hurt, not check the B's. But that being said, I think its the only way they can win....or at least THEY think it's the only way they can win.......

b)
----
Like the Pats the Blues have shown tremendous resilience during these playoffs after a loss. I think they are 6-2 after losses. You don't get to the finals of any playoff series without being a VERY resilient team. It was a great win last night. The B's were dominant for most of the game. But 4 goals on 4 shots is NOT going to happen on Monday and the Blues won't be leaving anything on the table.....

Re:

a) The worst part is that the referees do not seem to be picking up on that dynamic and are making like WWE refs in being completely tone deaf to what is obvious to even the casual observer - - the clear intent of the Blues at this point.

b) For the underlined (mine) , I think you mean "Bruins"?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back