PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 12 (8/14/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was hot in practice vs Gilmore&Butler..
Hate this part of preseason . its like battlefield reports..

I agree with this. His punt return highlight reel is stunning.

After BB talked about changing (correcting) a college player's mechanics and technique vis-a-vis Everson Walls (who BB didn't try to change), I've been wondering if that's part of what's been going on with Cyrus - the learning curve of shedding the way he did things before and building himself back up with new mechanics and technique.

Also, I don't know what CB position played in college. Was it primarily LCB, RCB or on the inside? He's been playing primarily RCB for the Pats, AFAIK. If he's attempting to switch from LCB, that could also be a significant adjustment.

He primarily played RCB for the Tide. You may have hit the nail on the head about him trying to change his mechanics, he certainly doesn't seem to be playing cornerback very instinctively right now.

I do think that BB is trying to change the way he returns kicks to emphasize ball security (not very surprising after last year). In college he was ultra-aggressive and fearless. It seemed to me that if he muffed a punt, instead of getting more cautious (like most returners) he just got twice as aggressive to try to take the next one to the house, essentially doubling down. That attitude didn't work for him last year with the Pats.

I still have hopes that he will figure it out and become a contributor.

Important news for roster builders..

— Undrafted rookie Harvey Langi saw a lot of action on special teams, which is always a good sign for potential bubble players. Other bubble players getting extensive work on special teams were: Jordan Richards, Brandon Bolden, Adam Butler and Geneo Grissom.
I would expect that many are disappointed that Langi is on special teams. They have him as a lock and a potential starter.

He primarily played RCB for the Tide. You may have hit the nail on the head about him trying to change his mechanics, he certainly doesn't seem to be playing cornerback very instinctively right now.

I do think that BB is trying to change the way he returns kicks to emphasize ball security (not very surprising after last year). In college he was ultra-aggressive and fearless. It seemed to me that if he muffed a punt, instead of getting more cautious (like most returners) he just got twice as aggressive to try to take the next one to the house, essentially doubling down. That attitude didn't work for him last year with the Pats.

I still have hopes that he will figure it out and become a contributor.
Belichick is patient with the kid I give you that.
Either he believes he will get it or doesn't want to cut such a high pick.
When we haven't had many high picks the last 10 years.
I wonder if Cyrus was a day 3 pick or udfa if he would get as many chances.

Isn't this just a theory still? It hasn't been confirmed that they're brother and sister, has it? Did I miss that?

It's been confirmed that his mother is Ned Stark's sister who had been kidnapped (or ran away with) Danny's brother. So I think it's mostly confirmed that Danny is his aunt.

It's been confirmed that his mother is Ned Stark's sister who had been kidnapped (or ran away with) Danny's brother. So I think it's mostly confirmed that Danny is his aunt.
Oh, I did catch that last night. Well, the Targaryens are known for incest, so I supose it fits. There were quite a few different moments where the two of them shared looks and then the line where she says she was getting used to him being around in a very affectionate way . . . she really didn't want him to leave.

I'll stop there as we've hijacked the thread terribly. Is there are G.O.T. thread somewhere on the board, btw?

Isn't this just a theory still? It hasn't been confirmed that they're brother and sister, has it? Did I miss that?

Gilly confirmed it last night.

The last scene of this year's show will also.

Oh, I did catch that last night. Well, the Targaryens are known for incest, so I supose it fits. There were quite a few different moments where the two of them shared looks and then the line where she says she was getting used to him being around in a very affectionate way . . . she really didn't want him to leave.

I'll stop there as we've hijacked the thread terribly. Is there are G.O.T. thread somewhere on the board, btw?

I have a spoiler thread with all info and love talking theories

No it was me. I just found it. I don't remember doing that.

Not remembering what you did on the internet. As a doctor, that is akin to getting lost while driving around your hometown. A bad sign....,,

Not remembering what you did on the internet. As a doctor, that is akin to getting lost while driving around your hometown. A bad sign....,,

Funny. My kids don't call " king of the U-turn " for nothing.

Gilly confirmed it last night.

The last scene of this year's show will also.

To be fair they are not brother and sister. But I guess it still is uncomfortably close in the eyes of our society.

Belichick is patient with the kid I give you that.
Either he believes he will get it or doesn't want to cut such a high pick.
When we haven't had many high picks the last 10 years.
I wonder if Cyrus was a day 3 pick or udfa if he would get as many chances.

He was primarily a WR in college, they converted him to corner, so the pick was made on athleticism and they knew he would be a project in the pros. Unfortunately he has played so poorly that he's making it hard for them to keep him around. If anyone is a candidate for stashing he is the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News