PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 12 (8/14/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important news for roster builders..

— Undrafted rookie Harvey Langi saw a lot of action on special teams, which is always a good sign for potential bubble players. Other bubble players getting extensive work on special teams were: Jordan Richards, Brandon Bolden, Adam Butler and Geneo Grissom.

Yep, Cyrus seems to be the opposite of Garoppolo. So encouraging in practice, then turns it down a notch in live action. :(

The funny thing is: he was in plenty of big games in college and he has played well on big stages in the past, for example he was Most Valuable Player in Alabama’s College Football Playoff semifinal win over Michigan St. as a senior with an interception and punt return for a touchdown.

I think he was shocked by the problems he had in the return game last year (after clearly being the best college returner in the nation as a senior) and it evidently shook his confidence to the core. I suspect that all of the negative press has really bothered him also, some young players can ignore that type of thing (remember the way that Cannon was roasted in the press) and others can't. Now he seems to be overthinking everything, I've heard many posters talk about how slowly he moves, and that has to be because he isn't reacting instinctively, the idea that he lacks quickness is silly (I watched him in college, he is plenty quick).

I don't think he will be cut this year, I think BB will give him more chances in the return game to see if he has managed to regain his confidence a bit. However, I agree that he is running out of chances, he needs to turn it around soon. Hopefully he will.

Last edited:
I've heard many posters talk about how slowly he moves, and that has to be because he isn't reacting instinctively, the idea that he lacks quickness is silly (I watched him in college, he is plenty quick).

I agree with this. His punt return highlight reel is stunning.

After BB talked about changing (correcting) a college player's mechanics and technique vis-a-vis Everson Walls (who BB didn't try to change), I've been wondering if that's part of what's been going on with Cyrus - the learning curve of shedding the way he did things before and building himself back up with new mechanics and technique.

Also, I don't know what CB position played in college. Was it primarily LCB, RCB or on the inside? He's been playing primarily RCB for the Pats, AFAIK. If he's attempting to switch from LCB, that could also be a significant adjustment.

After a long, well-deserved weekend, the Pats are back in action for their final open camp session at tue Stadium before heading out to West Virginia to spar with the Texans. Time to get back at it with some Tweets and observations!

I'll start off with this vid of a kid heading there for the first time. I think we can all relate.

Lol, wait, did the Bills know about this? If not I would file a grievance with the Eagles.
Happened during his first practice with BUF.

Great clock. The problem is . if you need it . it will be of no use to you.
There is another clock that shouldn't be underestimated though: Never.
(and i don't necessarily mean it as a joke..)

After a long, well-deserved weekend, the Pats are back in action for their final open camp session at tue Stadium before heading out to West Virginia to spar with the Texans. Time to get back at it with some Tweets and observations!

I'll start off with this vid of a kid heading there for the first time. I think we can all relate.

If you really wanna see that kid cry, take him to a Jets practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back