40 Yrd Dash: 4.82
20 Yrd Dash: 2.70
10 Yrd Dash: 1.60
Vertical Jump: 29
Broad Jump: 09'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.41
3-Cone Drill: 7.25

Yikes. :eek:

166lbs! Hard to see what the appeal is from those numbers.

I will need to watch him. I like athletic interior linemen.

He's a good player. More of a power guy than a zone blocker, but not a stiff out there. I wouldn't be surprised if a team moves him to center and he goes to a few pro bowls down the road. Think you'll more or less like his tape.

He's a good player. More of a power guy than a zone blocker, but not a stiff out there. I wouldn't be surprised if a team moves him to center and he goes to a few pro bowls down the road. Think you'll more or less like his tape.

Have tou had a chance to watch Jordan Morgan. He's a people mover.

166lbs! Hard to see what the appeal is from those numbers.

For perspective: I'm 5080 200 and can beat every one of his testing numbers. No one is going to sign me up for a training camp anytime soon. :p

Have tou had a chance to watch Jordan Morgan. He's a people mover.

Not really. I've got him marked down to watch this week, though.

Here's Asiata against the big boys up front for Washington. You can see the potential, even if not every snap is a win for him.

Last edited:

Dante has been quite busy. Wouldn't be surprised to see a day 3 iOL this year.

Speaking of top OTs .. I wonder if we hear something about Bolles as well in the next days. His insane quickness and agility numbers - 1.71/7.29/4.55 - are the one thing BB could go crazy for. Add the blood after he couldn't answer Qs on his strength&power skipping bench press at both Combine and Pro Day due to pectorial strain.. Some still see him going mid 1st round.

Although Pats do know how to keep quiet about guys they really like
__

Ps: I wonder if this scouting already hints on Solder's future

This is a new meeting

Although I'm far from convinced he's the best player in this draft, or even the best safety of 2017, I can't shake the idea that he's the rare, transcendent talent who with proper training and development could legitimately play every off the ball position in a defense -- every LB positions, either safety, press-corner, slot, pass-rusher, etc. He might rotate through them all throughout the course of a game, depending on matchups, providing the ultimate defensive weapon. Other players have done similar things (we deploy Chung like that to some degree), but none of them have his special combination of size, speed, coverage ability, and incredible explosiveness. It's incredibly intriguing to imagine Belichick deploying him all over the field.

Solid athlete. Some versatility. Had a great game against Houston. In the 7th or as an UDFA, he could be a really nice slot option.

Height: 5104
Weight: 187
40 Yrd Dash: 4.48
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.56
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.21
3-Cone Drill: 6.97

Although I'm far from convinced he's the best player in this draft, or even the best safety of 2017, I can't shake the idea that he's the rare, transcendent talent who with proper training and development could legitimately play every off the ball position in a defense -- every LB positions, either safety, press-corner, slot, pass-rusher, etc. He might rotate through them all throughout the course of a game, depending on matchups, providing the ultimate defensive weapon. Other players have done similar things (we deploy Chung like that to some degree), but none of them have his special combination of size, speed, coverage ability, and incredible explosiveness. It's incredibly intriguing to imagine Belichick deploying him all over the field.

He is a bit Jamie Collins like in that regard. Or Adalius Thomas for that matter. I could absolutely see BB go for a rare athlete like that. Still think he'd have to trade up from 32 though.

Would love him as a late round/UDFA option

He is a bit Jamie Collins like in that regard. Or Adalius Thomas for that matter. I could absolutely see BB go for a rare athlete like that. Still think he'd have to trade up from 32 though.

Yeah, if I were the GM, and we traded with the Browns or another team in the teens for a QB, then I'd strongly consider Melifonwu. He might not work out, but if he does, then he could open up so many options on defense.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back