PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 ILB draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are hinting at something no one really is talking about. I don't know that Hightower ever got over Collins' trade and don't get the impression he likes being a Patriot. I don't think it's just the $

Some people are talking about it. I thought Todays article from Curran was strong (as far as media nowadays go) and offers much needed perspective - but it goes under the radar of course because its not about money, trades, picks, projections etc. And because its not servile. Long's letter today was also eye-opening.

I wrote about my feeling about High clearly elsewhere that while he's undeniable fighter and leader on the field he seemed uncomfortable with many off-field issues. I wouldn't go as far as saying he doesn't like being a Patriot (simply because being a Patriot despite certain preconceptions means so many things) - and Im sure BB loves him - and he loves the respect he's getting here - but his character (as far as I can tell from such a long distance) and yes - body language (and some of his statements that go along with it) - certainly tell me he'd prefer a different climate - and I don't mean the weather that he and Collins so often *****ed about.

Sometimes we forget these are human beings not football business commodities. They can subordinate part of their character (part of the time) - esp. when it is in their best interest - but not all of it and not all of the time. And that part hurts. I don't want to get too psychological on this board because I know it is not very welcome. Just a short quote from Nietzsche: character is destiny. Hightower was brought to NE. Now its the first time he chooses (partly at least, since there is his manager, family...). If he'll be in a position to go by his character, my guess is it won't be NE.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you.

Haason Reddick would be my choice outside of Rueben Foster. Tyrus Bowser fits a more Jamie Collins mould whilst Anthony Walker of Northwestern plays similarly to Hightower (and is nicknamed The Beast which sounds good :) ).

Forgot Jarrad Davies. Undersized but guy is a beast. Very explosive, good in coverage, plays with the heart of a lion. But does have injury issues.

Need someone that can be captain (college team leader experience is good).

I think 32nd pick will be D-line player: DE or LB.

Please, no more picks that has injury history (ala, Easley)..

Please, no more picks that has injury history (ala, Easley)..
Hightower tore his ACL, MCL and Meniscus in college. Earlier in his college career than Easley but it's not always as easy as "no injury history".

My humble prediction is Hightower gets an offer with an annual value greater than the franchise tag would have been and doesn't think twice about taking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3