PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 AFCC media predictions (was: Felger picks PIT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Patriots will win, but I won't kill anybody for picking the steelers. It isn't an outlandish pick.

I just watched the video of him explaining his pick and he gives hypocritical reasons

Says the Pats played no-one and the defense is overrated. Yet makes no mention that the Steelers played 9 of the same QBs the Pats played and the different QBs they played were

Alex Smith 2x (Captain Checkdown, had a slightly better season than Osweiler stat wise)
Carson Wentz (lost 34-3)
Dak Prescott (lost 35-30)
Kirk Cousins
Scott Tolizen
Eli Manning (His QB Rating this year was only 2 points higher than Trevor Siemian)
Robert Griffin

He then said that was a quality win and the Steelers played so much better last week than the Pats. I mean ya the Pats offense didn't have its best game but it still put up 27 points against a better defense, Steelers kicked 6 FGs and may have lost that game if it wasn't for Eric Fisher tackling Harrison on the 2 point try.

Look I don't expect everyone to pick the Pats, in fact I expect more people to pick against the Pats than people that pick them. But he spouts off with his ******** "fact not opinion" which most of them are opinions and not facts.

Today's show was absolute next level trolling....although the point about the pats not winning a SB w/o Gronkowski is legit

I think this year is the one they could do it though. Their offense is set up well to cover for him, they dont have a defense to face like the ravens or giants...and they have a defense that is playing really well

One thing is constant. They never allow anyone to feel good about the team whether they win or lose. That goes for football, basketball, hockey or soccer.

This sentence sums them up perfectly and is why they're so disgraceful

It bothers me that people still tune them in, and then not only tune those clowns in, but then come here to post about what the clowns said

oh well

If Pats contain Bell, it won't be close......

I think it will be a close game but then I am always nervous and worried about any opponent. Will be interesting if pats can exploit the middle of the field without gronk who has had big games vs them always.

Less optimistic? This won't be as difficult as a lot of people are saying. Vegas has the Pats with a 39ish percent chance to win the SB. Falcons at 32 and bringing up the rear is Pitt with 12.

I think they know something. Landry Jones IN Pitt against NE had the same passer rating as Bens road rating this year. The people who are saying last possession/three point game are fairly wrong. 10-14 point win.

Sure, I agree that that's a likely outcome, I'd even agree that it's the most likely outcome by a fairly significant margin. But it's not really a direct counter to the point I was making. I think the Pats are the better team, and I think if you play the game 10 times they win by multiple-score margin 4-5 times. But if they're hypothetically losing 2 by a similar margin, and the remaining 3 are one score games that are somewhere in the neighborhood of 50/50, that puts you right at the same win expectancy that my gut's suggesting.

I *think* we'll win by multiple scores. We're clearly the better team. But the Steelers are a good football team, to the point that we probably can't win while playing bad football like we did last week. They aren't the Texans, and that simple fact by itself rules out objectively claiming anywhere in the neighborhood of 90% confidence in victory.

For some context: Win Probability Calculator | Pro-Football-Reference.com is an interesting source for translating how much better you think a team is vs. another to actual win percentage. If you're an 8 point Vegas favorite (which is a significant favorite, indicates that you're substantially better than your opponent), and you receive the opening kick for a touchback, at that moment you have approximately a 72% chance of victory. And again, this is a team that Vegas is suggesting is likely to win by multiple scores. If you change the line to -6 (the actual line that the Pats are favored by), win expectancy drops to 67%, which is just about dead on with the number I threw out there, and still represents being considered a heavy favorite, since it suggests you're twice as likely to win as they are as of the opening kick.

So when I, or 538, or anyone else, suggests that we have 'only' a 70ish percent chance of winning, that could be accurately and fairly restated as "I think we're the better team by a significant margin and that we should win, but the standard any given Sunday mantra always applies".

Last edited:
This thread should be renamed, "and water is wet".....

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

felgermazz.jpg

My God. When's the last time Felcher's arms have seen a curl bar??

Felger takes the Squealers... Tony Macaroni will probably go with the Red Sox.

I think the Pats win handily if its all hands on deck. The problem is how healthy are the wide outs. 4 of our WR's are questionable for the game.

Give me a healthy Malcolm Mitchell, Jules, and Hogan and we win. Easily.

Mike Silver on the bay area radio picked GB because Rodgers is the 'keyzer soze' of the nfl and pittsburgh because patriots havent played any good QBs other than Russell Wilson to whom they lost.
Rich Eisen on WFAN likes the steelers because houston provided a way to rush the passer up the middle which is concerning and pittsburgh can rush the passer with dupree and they can keep the ball away from brady with leveon bell running the ball

Felger still has a job? Wow, I guess I lost that bet.

Mike Silver on the bay area radio picked GB because Rodgers is the 'keyzer soze' of the nfl and pittsburgh because patriots havent played any good QBs other than Russell Wilson to whom they lost.
Rich Eisen on WFAN likes the steelers because houston provided a way to rush the passer up the middle which is concerning and pittsburgh can rush the passer with dupree and they can keep the ball away from brady with leveon bell running the ball

By Silvers logic, then won't have played a good QB even after this game. Eisen is full of it. Good. Bring it on.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

felgermazz.jpg

All I see on this picture are two douchebags playing for a team called the "Genitals"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes