PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, given that Easley was a first rounder cut after only two years, I think it's clear that BB sees something worth keeping in Dobson, as opposed to just keeping him based on his draft position...Edelman took a while to develop...there are two receivers recovering from surgery...I think Dobaon has a good shot to make the 53 at least out of preseason.
They see what we see, which is a player with immense physical gifts and tremendous upside. And he works hard. Easley, by all accounts, wasn't extremely in love with football and did a lot of things independent of team recommendations when dealing with his injuries. He also declined to be with the team in the SB. Who does that? As someone who lives in Gainesville and has had contact with quite a few Gators, the reports of him being tough to coach and manage abound. I don't really know everything that happened in NE, but I'm willing to bet his release had to do with some things other than pure talent. I've heard nothing similar with Dobson. So yeah, they've kept him around, and rightfully so. That doesn't mean he'll make the team this year. Even you list injuries to other players as an advantage to him making the team. That doesn'didn't strike me as a huge vote of confidence. Lastly, Edelman didn't take four years to develop. He made plays in the passing and kicking game in his rookie season and only continued to trend upward. He can also catch the ball cleanly.

Last edited:
Interesting Tweet here from former Patriot WR T.J. Moe.

That's what I've always thought was his problem. I go back to his rookie year when he had a more significant role, how he had that bad night against the Jets. But then with more and more games under his belt he was playing a lot better. Sadly injuries derailed that progression.

I've not given up on Dobson yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore