PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Patriots' Pre-Draft Contacts.

This is going to be my third time saying it on the boards..... Get ready.. Keenan Reynolds is going to be picked early...like disgustingly early.....

And when he becomes a cult hero in NE for being a selfless, team first, put his body on the line type player we will all say "I knew it...BB is such a genius"

:rolleyes:

This is going to be my third time saying it on the boards..... Get ready.. Keenan Reynolds is going to be picked early...like disgustingly early.....

And when he becomes a cult hero in NE for being a selfless, team first, put his body on the line type player we will all say "I knew it...BB is such a genius"

:rolleyes:

I agree with you about him being picked early. We've got competition now - the Titans spent a lot of time with him too, and their GM Jon Robinson was director of college scouting for the Pats through 2013. It's possible that the Titans draft him earlier to ensure they get him. Or, of course, the Pats draft him early for that same reason.

That is absolutely horrible news.

What a complete waste of precious draft capital that would be; but knowing the fake "genius"(snicker),
I would not be surprised in the slightest.

Let's wait and see whether he's picked, where he's picked and how good he becomes before writing the pick of.

Cooper would be a very interesting TE conversion. I really don't see him having the athleticism to line up at wideout in the NFL but, as a move TE, he could cause some very interesting match-up issues. This is, of course, assuming he can get the offense down.

Cooper would be a very interesting TE conversion. I really don't see him having the athleticism to line up at wideout in the NFL but, as a move TE, he could cause some very interesting match-up issues. This is, of course, assuming he can get the offense down.

Surely he's way too small for a TE. He'd be a fairly unexplosive slot receiver. If you're looking for a move TE, look at Cal's Stephen Anderson. 230lbs and put up better athletic numbers than Cooper.

I wonder if we're still interested in Vitale after the Harbor signing.

Surely he's way too small for a TE. He'd be a fairly unexplosive slot receiver. If you're looking for a move TE, look at Cal's Stephen Anderson. 230lbs and put up better athletic numbers than Cooper.

Yeah, I'm going to take that back. I didn't realize Cooper was that thin. Height-wise, he's only an inch or two shorter than Hernandez but Hernandez was at 245 whereas Cooper is 208. Then, in that case, I wouldn't touch Cooper. People compare him to Boldin but I don't see it.

Yeah, I'm going to take that back. I didn't realize Cooper was that thin. Height-wise, he's only an inch or two shorter than Hernandez but Hernandez was at 245 whereas Cooper is 208. Then, in that case, I wouldn't touch Cooper. People compare him to Boldin but I don't see it.

There are quite a few 'slot' receivers I'd take ahead of him - Miller and Shepard chief amongst them. I'd also take Higgins ahead of him too, but Higgins is less 'athletic'. He has really good tape though.

That is absolutely horrible news.

What a complete waste of precious draft capital that would be; but knowing the fake "genius"(snicker),
I would not be surprised in the slightest.

Hey captain, will you kindly tell us who you think is the best in the league at drafting?

Dan Vitale... Yesssss!!!!! My Sooooooooppper Binkie.

Jaydon Mickens...any interest on this WR? Small fella but moves incredibly fast/quick with "top of defense busting" speed.

I missed this one.

Interesting athletic profile. Nate Solder in brackets for comparison)

Clay DeBord, Eastern Washington

6-6, 302

40 - 5.03 (5.05)
10y - 1.76 (1.77)
BP - 18 (21)
VJ - 30.5 (32")
BJ - 8'10" (9'2")
Ss - 4.37 (4.34)
3C - 7.59 (7.44)

Scouting report:

STRENGTHS
Four year starter. Durable and intelligent. Has athletic ability to handle himself in space. Plays with good lateral agility and has the quickness to lead the charge when asked to pull. Has the feet to work angles and slide inside to cut off slants.
WEAKNESSES
Strikes and leans rather than bringing feet with him. Has issues with falling off of blocks. Unable to consistently capture blocks and put them to bed once he has advantage. False steps into kick slide and base width fluctuates during snap. Mechanics and footwork are erratic.
BOTTOM LINE
DeBord's tape will catch your eyes initially thanks to his athleticism, but there isn’t enough functional strength, technique or consistency to create a draftable grade.

2016 NFL Draft Profile: Clay DeBord

@manxman2601

Damn Pats teasing me by having my 3 binkie RBs (Dixon, Williams and Booker) in on visits. Trying not to set myself up for disappointment when none of them are picks.

Although wouldn't hate if Prosise or Howard were the pick if they picked a RB.

@manxman2601

Damn Pats teasing me by having my 3 binkie RBs (Dixon, Williams and Booker) in on visits. Trying not to set myself up for disappointment when none of them are picks.

Although wouldn't hate if Prosise or Howard were the pick if they picked a RB.

Howard is the one that interests me the least of those. Like you, I like all four. Heck, despite his fumbles, I even like Alex Collins. I think we're looking pretty good that we'll get a good RB. I'm with you though, Williams, Dixon, Booker are at the top of my list (in that order).

Dixon and Prosise would be really interesting weapons in a Gronk/Bennett '12' formation though.

West Virginia linebacker.

Interesting that the Titans went to the Naval academy to work out Keenan Reynolds. The Belichick tree in action?

Unfortunately. With Newsome, Licht, Dimitroff, Robinson, and the guy whose name I now forget in Detroit there are a growing number of teams whoae GMs were trained by Belichick. I doubt Reynolds is taken by the Patriots, I think they will try to wait to use one of their later picks BC and another team grabs him before they get to the sixth.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back