PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 League Cap has been set at $155.27 million; Patriots have $13.56 million in cap space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Patriots Salary Cap Guru
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
League Cap has been set at $155.27 million

I have the Patriots with $13,563,036 in cap space.

Miguel,

Do you think this will increase with this recent "accounting error" that was discovered a couple days ago or do you think it's already factored in?

Thanks again for your diligent work. :)

Miguel,

Do you think this will increase with this recent "accounting error" that was discovered a couple days ago or do you think it's already factored in?

Thanks again for your diligent work. :)

No. The NFLPA has since confirmed the number.

Is that with or without Mayo?
Includes the cap savings from Mayo's retirement even though it has yet to show up on the transaction wire.

2016 League Cap has been set at $155.27 million; Patriots have $13.56 million in cap space

Miguel Benzan

On February 26, 2016 it was widely reported that 2016 League Cap will be $155.27 million, an increase of $11,990,000 over the 2015 League Cap of $143,280,000.

Continue reading...

Bill: "Looks like I'll be shopping at Wal-Mart again…"

I believe there will be more added to this 13.5 figure as players are cut or contracts redone. It's a decent start..... :)

The Pats can easily be ripe with plenty of cap space beyond this as Miguel as laid out. Odds are several cost cutting moves are destined whether the Pats need the cap money or not (cutting Chambers, Cannon, and possibly LaFell). And unfortunately, the Pats will have a lower need to allocate cap room to rookies with no first.

It will be interesting to see if the Pats are players in free agency. I don't see a huge splash marquee free agent, but I could see the Pats targeting a few second tier free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News