PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell does Bill manage all this while still being the GOAT coach. Mind boggling.

Maxwell is a solid corner who is benefiting from a slow cb year and team desperation

He also played on a Super Bowl Championship team and on an excellent defense, that pedigree counts in free agency as we have seen time and time again. Christ if Malcolm Butler was a free agent some team would probably throw 25 million at him.

He also played on a Super Bowl Championship team and on an excellent defense, that pedigree counts in free agency as we have seen time and time again. Christ if Malcolm Butler was a free agent some team would probably throw 25 million at him.
Remember Dexter Jackson?

So Eagles managed to keep Maclin and Sanchez, plus signed Maxwell, Williams and Gore, already?

Is anyone else concerned about the ability to retain hightower/Jones/Collins after paying Revis and Mccourty. Can any capologists explain if that's even possible to keep all of the players I've mentioned? @Miguel your assistance is needed!
If you want nightmares tonight, have a look at all the Pats players that are free agents in 2017. I count eight starters and two highly-compensated backups. Not nearly as many big decisions to be made next offseason, so don't be surprised if they try to deal with a few of those 2017 free agents a year early.

Mark Sanchez resigned by Eagles... 2 years, 16 million.

That's it. The question must be asked I can't take it anymore- ARE THEY DUMB?

Wow, Eagles really busy!!!

Sanchez being resigned means Foles is gone and will traded to move up for Mariotta.

Chip is getting his guy

It could turn into a bidding war with the Jets for Tennessee's pick. I don't understand why Tennessee is talking up Metzenberger, they should be talking about taking Marriota to drive up the price.

So Eagles managed to keep Maclin and Sanchez, plus signed Maxwell, Williams and Gore, already?

Hi Ross, at least no mention of them signing McCourty yet lol

And yet the Eagles are still a creampuff that will be one and done... lol

If you want nightmares tonight, have a look at all the Pats players that are free agents in 2017. I count eight starters and two highly-compensated backups. Not nearly as many big decisions to be made next offseason, so don't be surprised if they try to deal with a few of those 2017 free agents a year early.

That can't be possible Belichick sucks at drafting.

Where's the money gonna come from, is my question Ashley!!

Bobby Kraft can pay our free agents with the money he saves from buying those sweet cufflink shirts that were cool in the 80s. Heard theyre a great value 30 years after they go out of style.

Bobby Kraft can pay our free agents with the money he saves from buying those sweet cufflink shirts that were cool in the 80s. Heard theyre a great value 30 years after they go out of style.
I meant the Eagles, seems like after paying all these guys, where will they get the big money for Dmac?

If we don't pick up the option on Revis and he signs elsewhere, does he become part of the compensatory pick equation for next year. And the same applies to Wilfork. Is he considered "cut" or a FA?

Im fairly certain that players who are cut do not garner compensatory picks, its only players who's deals are up and you lose them to free agency. Though even when you lose a guy, if you get someone of equal value then you don't get a compensatory pick at all.

Im not a genius on this subject though

so basically the Pats are ALL IN for 2015 and 2016 Brady's last prime years and we tank 2017 & 2018

so basically the Pats are ALL IN for 2015 and 2016 Brady's last prime years and we tank 2017 & 2018
We just tanked this year though, while Denver went all in :( I don't think I can deal with it again

I'm cool with this. Keeps the Jets from getting a QB ;)
Well, if the Eagles trade up to one the Jets can draft Winston assuming Tennessee passes on him

Are you sold on Mariota /winston?

Seattle is basically going to fill the CB2 and NCB positions with young guys on cheap contracts through the LOB's Prime.

No need to overpay guys like Bryon Maxwell who are easily replaceable. They'll probably be the number one defense again next season again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe