PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 NFL Draft, Day 3: Rounds 4 - 7 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put it this way, in a very deep draft, our third pick is an OK center. I am underwhelmed by that but lets see what happens with the other picks. I would rather have a LB or offensive playmaker at this point but if we get one or both by the end of this round then I'll be feeling better.

Thanks Manx, always appreciate your feedback and opinion!!!

It appears likely that Wesley Johnson’s workout for Belichick did not impress him.

I like this pick. I think where interior linemen are drafted is often very difficult to predict, and this guy seems like he could push Wendell. Best-case scenario, either Wendell returns to his form of two years ago or Stork is starting by midseason.

Big physical center pick to make it less likely Wendell starts on this team. Love it!

To everyone wanting the Patriots to take a WR, I have a suggestion:

Just take one of the guys the 49ers are going to have to cut before the season starts.

That Cassius Marsh pick was a good one. would rather have him than Stork.

I have three draft bools in front of me and all give him a second or third round grade.
Where you'd see that? I'd never heard of him and just did a google search and everyone is saying 7th-FA.

Yeah baby!

Just take one of the guys the 49ers are going to have to cut before the season starts.
That Lloyd guy might be a good fit.

I like this pick. I think where interior linemen are drafted is often very difficult to predict, and this guy seems like he could push Wendell. Best-case scenario, either Wendell returns to his form of two years ago or Stork is starting by midseason.
Where did this fairytale come from that Wendell was ever good? He always sucked.

Good pick at a need position. Stork won the Rimington Trophy as the nation's top center and also earned First Team All-ACC honors as picked by the league's coaches as well as the media. Like his size and smarts.

I actually wanted Stork after Martin went early. I didn't want Richburg - I'm tired of smaller, technicians at center. Size matters in the interior line more now with faster, ferocious interior rushers. Tommy Kelly would pancake Wendell, but not Stork.

And he's got a huge beard, so there's that Boston thing going...and he's known to be pretty mean up there - GOOD!

Jordan Tripp next? Trey Burton still out there?

This board will explode when the Pats pick Michael Sam at 140...lol.

a lot of ppl have metioned lyerla. any chance they take a chance with the 4th round comp??

NFL.com
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 7-Priority free agent

BB on his game!

Nah, projections were all over the place on the centers in this draft. I saw Martin projected everwhere from round 1 to 5, and some sites had Gabe Ikard as their #1 C prospect! Stork is a solid prospect at a key need position, a round or so earlier than I would have liked but on day 3 "value" reckoning gets less and less meaningful.

Where you'd see that? I'd never heard of him and just did a google search and everyone is saying 7th-FA.

I have Lindy's, USA Today, and Pro Football Draft Guide in front of me.

Brandon Lloyd and Jon Baldwin aren't exactly dream receivers, though I don't think anyone they could draft right now would push any of the top 5 Patriots receivers off the roster (Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, LaFell, Boyce). Maybe they could push Boyce, but drafting a guy who won't be ready to play to push a guy with similar talent who may be slightly more ready to play seems like a strange decision to me. If they draft a WR, it will be at the end of the draft with an eye to pushing Thompkins or for the practice squad.

a lot of ppl have metioned lyerla. any chance they take a chance with 4th round comp??

I would put the chances at 0.0% they take him in the 4th. 0.05% they take him in the 7th and 0.1% they sign him as in UDFA

I have Lindy's, USA Today, and Pro Football Draft Guide in front of me.
Hopefully your guys are right. Badly need a good center. Line has fallen apart every postseason since 2007-08.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST