PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Shrine Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad i get to see wright, childs, and franklin play one last time in college

Childress and Bobby Ross as the coaches?

:bricks:

Thanks for the roster link, though.

Two potentially interesting guys in this game:

Dominique Hamilton, DT, Missouri:6’5”, 305 pounds, 5.24 40 yard dash

-Hamilton could be a big riser this week in my opinion. He’s not very well known and while I personally haven’t seen him much he has demonstrated the ability to stuff the run inside at defensive tackle. Hamilton was a critical part of Missouri’s defense that bottled up a very talented running back in Giovanni Bernard in their bowl game against UNC. I really like the West’s talent along the defensive line and on the defensive side of the ball in general, but defensive tackle seems to be a strength of the roster. Hamilton may end up being one of the highest rated of the group, so keep an eye on him. He’s not a big-time pass rushing threat, but I am very interested to see how he holds up against double teams in the run game.

-DaJohn Harris, DT Southern California: 6’4”, 310 pounds, 5.16 40 yard dash

-Harris is a very underrated guy that I have been high on all season. He hasn’t gotten much love and he may not have eye-popping stats but every time I watched USC this year he was effective. I rarely (if ever) saw him get pushed off the ball, he made plays at or behind the line of scrimmage and he consistently did his job for USC’s defense. I really expect him to rise this week because he’s got NFL defensive tackle size, he’s athletic and looked pretty fundamentally sound when I watched him. Like Hamilton and Meatoga I think he will make his money stopping the run, but I think he has more pass rush potential than both of those guys. Keep an eye on him, I guarantee Harris will be making plays this week.

Last edited:
I am interested in seeing Quentin Saulsberry of Mississippi State 6'2" 302lbs. Has been knocking heads with the top linemen from the SEC all year. Should be battle hardened. Worth a look later in the draft.

Plenty of talk about Saulsberry from a lot of draft sites.

I'm obsessed with Ryan Miller - I know he's been a Guard for almost all of his College career, but could he play Tackle? Pretty short arms looking at this figures, didn't look that short in College.

Last edited:
Plenty of talk about Saulsberry from a lot of draft sites. Very intrigued by him if we stay with the 4-3.

I'm obsessed with Ryan Miller - I know he's been a Guard for almost all of his College career, but could he play Tackle? Pretty short arms looking at this figures, didn't look that short in College.

Saulsberry plays OL - thinking of someone else?

Miller's arms make him an OG for sure, was his best fit prior to that measurement as well.

Plenty of talk about Saulsberry from a lot of draft sites. Very intrigued by him if we stay with the 4-3.

You might be confusing Saulsberry with someone else. Isn't he a center at Mississippi St.?

Yeah, I'm completely lost as to who I was thinking of?! Edited my post so as not to look completely stupid :D

I wouldn't mind, the only live M-State game I watched this year was the Egg Bowl when Vick Ballard looked like he was going to break one off every time he had the ball. Derrrr.

I genuinely have no clue who I was thinking of? Saying that, I keep mixing up Fletcher Cox and the kid from Illinois.

One player who seems to be impressing so far is CB Josh Norman of Coastal Carolina (6-1, 203, 4.56 40). The various draftniks present all seemed to single him out as the best Def back yesterday and he's getting positive reviews today as well. Ball hawkng corner with a physical game. Could be a S convert.

Not such good times for some WR's that some of us like. Mixed reviews on Jarius Wright and BJ Cunningham who are both dropping the ball and have very small hands apparently.

I've seen two seperate comments comparing Nicholas Jean-Baptiste (DT out of Baylor) with BJ Raji. He's currently projected as a late rounder - could be the early big climber in the pre draft process.

Last edited:
Day One Practice Report
Shrine Week Notes: Day One

Point of Interest
The lobby of the Tradewinds Resort is swarming with scouts interviewing players and the Tennessee Titans have the most on hand. One curious interview that went on for a long, long time was between the New England Patriots and UMass tight end Emil Igwenagu. We hear the Pats, who are loaded at the tight end position, are looking at the UMass senior as a fullback- a position he’s projected to by a number of teams.

From Wes Bunting:

University of Regina DT Akiem Hicks looks the part of a standout defensive lineman at nearly 6-5, 325 pounds. However, he was also very impressive during one-on-one drills today, showcasing impressive initial burst off the snap for his size, power on his bull rush and the length to routinely gain leverage. He also exhibits “plus” short area quickness for a guy his size. He does get upright at times and will stall out when an opposing lineman is able to get under his frame. However, he has the skill set to not only make an NFL roster, but also mature into a solid contributor with some experience in either a 34 or 43 front.

He's been the star of the show so far judging by the reaction of the drafniks present. A name to lock away in that part of the brain you devote to the Patriots.

The two guys I am interested in for the Pats, but both are a little light right now are

Conrath of Virginia 6'7" and 281 and
Locket of Miss 6'5" and 243

Also if BB is considering a FB/HB type, he has to take a closer look at Rodriguez of Temple.

I've read several blog/reports from the practises, and Devon Wylie's name keeps popping up, as does Kentrell Lockett. The problem I have with Lockett is the injuries he had. He'd need to put on 10-15 lbs too to be effective for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes