PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* 2012 Draft MidFielders *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Explanation of Colors + Numbers

1 ~ Red = OverRated ~ in my OH so humble opinion!!

2 ~ Purple = Sleeper or Steal or Super Sleeper!!

3 ~ Blue = Bargain ~ Good Value.

4 ~ The first number = Market Value ~ my best guess, based on CBS, Walter, Et Cetera...

5 ~ The second number = FIENDISH Value ~ how I grade them!!

6 ~ These will all be Cut + Pasted from yon Site, so the formats are different.

An Explanation of My Twisted ViewPoint!!

I have no intention or expectation of converting anyone to my view of things, of course. That doesn't happen, anyway: People make up their own minds in their own way...But an explanation is warranted, I think, out of respect to those of you who do me the honor of reading these Works.

When assessing MidFielders ~ that's "Middle LineBacker" to you Earthlings ~ I look for Core Strength and Fluidity as a Prospect works his way through Traffic, I look for Torsion and Verticity ~ explosiveness out of Breaks and both the speed and sharpness of the Turn + Burn ~ and I look, above all, for both Processing Speed ~ Reading + Reacting Rapidly ~ and to Lateral Agility, which I consider far more critical than "40" Speed, and which the Short Shuttle is remarkably usefull in telling us about. Please enjoy!!

Luke Kuechly ~ 6.3/242 ~ 1st ~ 1st

936696322.jpg

Beast!! Luke Kuechly's Core Strength isn't amazing, and he's not the fastest guy on the planet, but he boasts an absolutely mesmerizing fusion of Fluidity, outstanding Lateral Agility, tremendous Diagnostic Acuity, and utterly phenomenal Processing Speed.

I am confident that he's going to be a very effective Pass Defender ~ he commands sharp Verticity, too ~ and as a Run Defender he is a One Man Swarm.

He is going to be...Great. 1st Round Steal!!

Donta HighTower ~ 6.2/264 ~ 1st-2nd ~ 2nd

578767687.jpg

Starter!! Donta HighTower commands outstanding Core Strength and exceptional Diagnostic Skills, making him a formidable Run Defender.

He can play inside or out, and is smart enough and quick enough to stay on the field in Pass Defense.

His Fluidity and Lateral Agility aren't too remarkable, and they impose limitations on all aspects of his Game.

He brings a pretty good Pass Rush to the table, as well, when he lines up at Flanker on Passing Downs.

All in all, he looks like a solid starter. Fair Value!!

Mychal Kendricks ~ 5.11/240 ~ 3rd-4th ~ 5th-7th

654012188.jpg

Role Player!! Mychal Kendricks has a number of limitations, due to his Size, his Processing Speed in Pass Defense, and unremarkable Athleticism.

However, he brings an explosive Burst, excellent Core Strength, and an absolutely relentless Motor to the table, and is a Force on the Inside Pass Rush.

His size does inhibit him in Run Defense, however.

There's definitely a place for'm as a Role Player ~ Passing Down MidFielder in a "Man" Scheme comes to mind ~ but his explosive Combine results ~ in the "40", Vertical, and Long Jump ~ have blasted his Market Value well beyond what I consider justifiable. OverRated!!

James Michael Johnson ~ 6.1/240 ~ 4th ~ 3rd

257737241.jpg

Starter!! James Michael Johnson boasts considerable Core Strength and outstanding Processing Speed in Run Defense, though his T Rex Arms hurt him a great deal in shedding Blocks.

He's deficient in Pass Defense, though, due to his remarkably poor Verticity in flipping the hips.

He's very impressive as a Pass Rusher, commanding both an explosive Burst and tremendous Dexterity.

Johnson offers a strong Game, albeit not without issues, and should be able to earn a starting gig at the next level. The 4th Round is a nice Value for that. Deal!!

Vontaze Burfict ~ 6.1/247 ~ 4th-5th ~ 6th-7th

821671397.jpg

Boom or Bust!! Ah, the much-maligned Vontaze Burfict. The recent Top 15 Candidate has seen his Market Value collapse, and it's all his own fault.

Burfict brings a mesmerizing set of skills to the table: He commands outstanding Core Strength, phenomenal Burst off the Snap, and a Ferocity that is his, alone.

He boasts superior Fluidity and Lateral Agility, as well, though his Verticity in Pass Defense needs work.

In short, he could become a tremendous MidFielder, or perhaps a phenomenal Flanker, where his dubious Pass Defense chops will be perfectly sufficient.

The problem, of course, is that he's a lunatic.

And he took no responsibility for his awful Senior Season at the Combine, where he graded out hideously in all the Drills. I can't help but wonder if there's something unnatural going on with him, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Caveat Emptor. Frankly, watching his Market Value collapse might turn out to be the best thing for'm ~ Wake Up Call ~ But I wouldn't want to count on it.

He may quite possibly turn it all around and justify the 1st Round Value he so recently commanded.

But the odds seem perilously long at this point, and his presence might be a disruptive one in a locker room. So, despite an epic collapse in Market Value, I still have to call'm a Late Round Flyer. OverRated!!

My Short List

When assessing MidFielders ~ that's "Middle LineBacker" to you Earthlings ~ I look for Core Strength and Fluidity as a Prospect works his way through Traffic, I look for Torsion and Verticity ~ explosiveness out of Breaks and both the speed and sharpness of the Turn + Burn ~ and I look, above all, for both Processing Speed ~ Reading + Reacting Rapidly ~ and to Lateral Agility, which I consider far more critical than "40" Speed, and which the Short Shuttle is remarkably usefull in telling us about. Please enjoy!!

Luke Kuechly ~ 6.3/242 ~ 1st ~ 1st

936696322.jpg

Beast!! Luke Kuechly's Core Strength isn't amazing, and he's not the fastest guy on the planet, but he boasts an absolutely mesmerizing fusion of Fluidity, outstanding Lateral Agility, tremendous Diagnostic Acuity, and utterly phenomenal Processing Speed.

I am confident that he's going to be a very effective Pass Defender ~ he commands sharp Verticity, too ~ and as a Run Defender he is a One Man Swarm.

He is going to be...Great. 1st Round Steal!!

Vontaze Burfict ~ 6.1/247 ~ 4th-5th ~ 6th-7th

821671397.jpg

Boom or Bust!! Ah, the much-maligned Vontaze Burfict. The recent Top 15 Candidate has seen his Market Value collapse, and it's all his own fault.

Burfict brings a mesmerizing set of skills to the table: He commands outstanding Core Strength, phenomenal Burst off the Snap, and a Ferocity that is his, alone.

He boasts superior Fluidity and Lateral Agility, as well, though his Verticity in Pass Defense needs work.

In short, he could become a tremendous MidFielder, or perhaps a phenomenal Flanker, where his dubious Pass Defense chops will be perfectly sufficient.

The problem, of course, is that he's a lunatic.

And he took no responsibility for his awful Senior Season at the Combine, where he graded out hideously in all the Drills. I can't help but wonder if there's something unnatural going on with him, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Caveat Emptor. Frankly, watching his Market Value collapse might turn out to be the best thing for'm ~ Wake Up Call ~ But I wouldn't want to count on it.

He may quite possibly turn it all around and justify the 1st Round Value he so recently commanded.

But the odds seem perilously long at this point, and his presence might be a disruptive one in a locker room. So, despite an epic collapse in Market Value, I still have to call'm a Late Round Flyer. OverRated!!

Notes

1 ~ Pretty short list!! Just like with the O Tackles ~ who I expected to be FESTOONED with Round 1 Talent that I loved, this year!! ~ the MidFielders have gone BARREN!!

2 ~ Luke Kuechly is PHENOMENAL...But I can't imagine him coming our way!!

3 ~ And Vontaze Burfict is a NIGHTMARE. The only reason he's on this list is because of my understanding of Human Nature. And it tells me that young Brother Burfict has screwed up his Prospects SO dramatically and so COMPLETELY...that this former 1st Round Grader JUST might be on the verge of turning it all around.

I've seen it, before.

I mean: Imagine if all his idiocies and lunacies were explainable...And Coach B walked away from that interview ~ he IS a fine judge of young men ~ convinced that we could HARNESS this young Beast's considerable Talents...We could be talking Hall of FAMER, here!! :eek:

Of course: We could be talking FACE PLANT, too...But that's why God created Day 3 Picks!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes