PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* 2012 Draft Defensive Flankers *

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I noticed is that he pops upright too often on the snap. That's probably the reason he has low production. Yes, he has lots of burst and agility, but there's not a lot of bend. He's not staying low and moving in the right direction until after he makes the read. I wish he would play with more fluidity, even though his agility is quite good.

When he was already standing up in a two-point stance, he seemed to take more positive steps. Overall, he looks like a perfect developmental player. His measurables are impeccable, and I like how well he drops in coverage. Good closing burst, good overall strength, etc.

I'll see what Wisconsin game I have on him and do a couple of them tonight.

You are the man. :cool:

Also, this kid sounds really bright: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/128291123.html

Perhaps that article explains his solid work against the run, his ability to find the ball, etc, but his low sack numbers despite outstanding athleticism. The more I read and watch, the more I'm really intrigued.

Last edited:
Terrific Work, Brother Reamer!! :rocker:

Strangely enough, seeing him make very little impact strengthens my conviction he'd be a good fit for a BB defense. Oh, and not because I'm being cynical. :p

He looks like he does exactly what he's been asked to do in the playcalling. Not perfectly, but he's working hard to do what he's supposed to do. When the thinking goes out of the equation, and he's just in pursuit, it's obvious he's a good athlete. Great depth on his drops, too, even though he didn't look very instinctive.

I think he's an ideal developmental player, because he seems to have a good, team-first attitude, he'd be great on special teams, he covers in zone quite well and could improve in man, and for his size seemed very physical against the run (with some technique deficiencies that need cleaning up). He brings very little of what we all want, though: pass rush.

On the flip side, Clay Matthews only had 4.5 sacks his senior year too. Sometimes it just takes a while for the light to go on. :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call