PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Binkie Update Thread

I too was a Cam Jordan whore in 2011. Thought that Watt kid was over-hyped and lacked lateral movement (watched too much earl film of him, something I would caution against with Ziggy Ansah). Nate Solder's worked out OK, though.

I did want Richard Sherman in 2011. Win some, lose some.

And Bill mostly win bigtime or loose completly. Well.. also the reason we looking at freaks mostly and not a "standart" OLB/DE for LDE.

When i'm at it, why is it Ziggy should play LDE? Mean couldn't they move Jones to LDE and use Ziggy at RDE?

I too was a Cam Jordan whore in 2011. Thought that Watt kid was over-hyped and lacked lateral movement (watched too much earl film of him, something I would caution against with Ziggy Ansah). Nate Solder's worked out OK, though.

I did want Richard Sherman in 2011. Win some, lose some.

I would've been all over Sherman if he were available at 159; even at 138 he would still
have been a good value pick, though I had no problem with the Cannon pick there.

Vick Ballard was a guy I liked as a sleeper for the Pats and he obviously had a great weekend. Bolden has been a better player to date by far.

Hightower was my super binky and has been very solid. I still think his best is yet to come.

McCellin and Wolfe have both been solid.

Some late round guys I liked. Markelle Martin is on the PUP. Kheeston Randall has seen limited action for the Fins. Marvin Jones has done nothing so far for the Bengals. Chris Rainey has been great on special teams as a returner and a solid contributor to the offense for the Steelers. Ben Jones has one start and limited action for the Texans but has done OK given the chance.

I would've been all over Sherman if he were available at 159; even at 138 he would still
have been a good value pick, though I had no problem with the Cannon pick there.

I had no problem with the Cannon pick. I was pissed when Seattle took Sherman 5 picks before our other 5th round pick. I would have loved to have packaged our 5th and 6th round picks to move up. Imagine Sherman and Alfonzo Dennard together.

Nate Solder looks like he'll be a stud OT for us for the next 10 years, and it's hard to argue against a cornerstone LT. But imagine if the Pats had taken Sherman instead of Dowling and had packaged 33+17 to move up to 10 for JJ Watt, and had still traded 28 to New Orleans and gotten Chandler Jones in 2012. Of course, Brady might be dead by now, so maybe it's just as well.

He wasn't a binky (how could he be?) but how good is Andrew Luck? In fact, the Colts had a fantastic off-season. Fair play.

Again not a binky, but there were a lot of people who really didn't rate Ryan Tannehill last year. I really did and didn't think the gap between him and Luck/RGIII was all that great. He's also looking like a really good pick for the Dolphins.

Imagine Sherman and Alfonzo Dennard together.

That should pretty much be what Aqib Talib and Dennard look like. Can't wait to see it, especially once the rust and kinks get worked out.

Nice game last night for Doug Martin, one of my binkies for the Pats last April. 135 yards rushing, 212 yards from scrimmage, 2 TDs. Martin is on pace for over 1200 yards rushing and over 1600 yards from scrimmage. Pretty impressive for a rookie. He would have fit perfectly into our offense. Then again, given how well our RBs our doing, I can understand why we went with Dont'a Hightower.

Not to :deadhorse:, but Doug Martin's rushed for 244 yards against Oakland with almost a full quarter left to play. He's accounted for almost 500 yards from scrimmage in the last 7+ quarters of play.

Again, I'm very content with the Pats' RB corps as currently constituted, and with the Hightower pick. But I think I was dead on correct in believing that Martin would have been a stud in our offense as a Ray Rice kind of back.

I also liked Martin a lot, never mocked him to us because of Ridley and Vereen.

51 fantasy points, glad I drafted him! And Peterson, 31 from him, totally carried my team.

I also liked Martin a lot, never mocked him to us because of Ridley and Vereen.

I think a lot of people here liked Martin. You, Mayo, I know I did, I think Manxman did too, and probably others.

Funny thing is the only other back I liked was Jeff Demps.

CB Casey Hayward from Vanderbilt looks to be having a very good rookie season with Green Bay. He's started every game and has 6 INTs. I wish the Pats had come into 2012 with the concept of keeping McCourty at FS and taking Hayward in round 2 instead of Wilson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a64BNsJd16c

CB Casey Hayward from Vanderbilt looks to be having a very good rookie season with Green Bay. He's started every game and has 6 INTs. I wish the Pats had come into 2012 with the concept of keeping McCourty at FS and taking Hayward in round 2 instead of Wilson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a64BNsJd16c

QFT. And my first choice for DB at 48, Trumaine Johnson, caught his 2nd INT of the season
in another Lambs' win at Tampa.

Meanwhile, Tavon Wilson no longer sees the field on defense when the game is in doubt,
and for good reason. What a(nother) waste of a precious 2nd-rounder.

QFT. And my first choice for DB at 48, Trumaine Johnson, caught his 2nd INT of the season

Meanwhile, Tavon Wilson no longer sees the field on defense when the game is in doubt,

Funny, the best play Johnson made wasn't even the pick. Did you see the play where Johnson was defending Mike Williams on the end zone fade? I still can't believe he swatted that away.

Between Trumaine Johnson and Kendall Reyes (3.5 sacks and looks like a manchild), Sunday was draftnik hell for me.

If you're going to talk up Johnson, then you better do it with something other than interceptions, considering that Wilson has twice as many.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back