PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011/12 AFC Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Houston is one & done. Very rarely does anyone go into the playoffs cold and comes out okay. Only 06 colts and 09 saints have in recent years. Here's my predictions

Bengals 24, Texans 17
Broncos 27, Steelers 17(Tebow pulls out some magic and steelers fans everywhere cry themselves to sleep)
Saints 41, Lions 38
Giants 31, Falcons 17

Patriots 34, Bengals 17
Ravens 30, Broncos 7 (And then bad Tebow comes along....)
Giants 23, Packers 21(Upset special)
49ers 20, Saints 17

Patriots 27, Ravens 20
49ers 23, Giants 20

Patriots 29, 49ers 26

Pitt has looked pathetic on offense lately and losing Mendenhall today certainly won't help anything. Not to mention they are decidely worse on the road. I think we beat them handily.
Denver who could potentially beat Pitt once again, gives me nothing to worry about. We will score a lot, they will not.
Cinci. Not a real good idea of what they are capable of. Haven't paid much attention to them at all. I know that Dalton and Green are money together, but they are also both rookies.

Houston and Baltimore both have monster running games, yet unlike Denver, they are 1 headed monsters and should be (in theory) a bit easier to shut down.
Houston has a rookie QB and one stellar WR. That's about it. Shut down Foster, shut down Johnson, let Yates (who may or may not be hurt..?) carry the team.
Baltimore does not have that stellar WR and Flacco is poor. We shut down Rice, we shut down their offense. Their defense while good, has shown serious bouts of weakness, especially on the road, which they would be.

I don't see a single AFC team that has more going for them than us right now. Everyone (including us) has faults, and everyone has injuries, but with a bye, homefield, Brady and Belichick, I think our shot is better than most to come out of the AFC.

I'd want SF in the SB, please please please lose NO/GB

If the Pats don't get out of the AFC this year, they must blow up this team...seriously..

I'm not sure whay most folks are assuming Houston will somehow roll over the Bengals. The Texans beat the Bengals 20-19 4 weeks ago and then went on to lose three straight to Carolina, Indy and Tennessee. Jake Delhomme maybe the starter next week. I don't think Houston is playing the way they need to be to win a playoff game.

I think Cincy wins the game. Stop the run game and Houston is done. Its a shame because they looked like the best team in the AFC until Schaub got hurt, then lost Williams and Johnson is not near 100 percent.

I think Pitt beats Denver and Cincy beats Houston. Pitt and Baltimore will beat the hell out of each other and one of them will come to New England for the AFCCG hurting.

Last edited:
I believe in Tim Tebow... this is the playoffs. Anything can and WILL happen...

I believe in Tim Tebow... this is the playoffs. Anything can and WILL happen...

Unless Fox loosens up a bit, the only thing that's going to happen is that the Denver Tebows are going to be one-and-done.

Unless Fox loosens up a bit, the only thing that's going to happen is that the Denver Tebows are going to be one-and-done.
Why would Fox loosen up the Denver Broncos offense?

Tim Tebow can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Why would Fox loosen up the Denver Broncos offense?

Tim Tebow can't hit the broad side of a barn.

1.) Because, while Tebow's not Drew Brees by any stretch of the imagination, your assessment of Tebow is overly harsh and he's a better passer than you give him credit for

2.) Because, as was noted by the analyst during the game, Fox has drilled Tebow so severely on avoiding the turnover that Tebow is being too reluctant to throw during the course of most of the game

I think I could have stepped in today and thrown for more than 60 yards. Tebow is a joke.

Broncos only have one scenario in which they have a chance next week: Run the ball effectively, commit zero turnovers and zero penalties, force 3 or 4 turnovers, take Wallace and Brown out of the gameplan, sack fatboy 5+ times, score TDs and not FGs, and hope Jesus bails them out in the 4th.

Broncos only have one scenario in which they have a chance next week: Run the ball effectively, commit zero turnovers and zero penalties, force 3 or 4 turnovers, take Wallace and Brown out of the gameplan, sack fatboy 5+ times, score TDs and not FGs, and hope Jesus bails them out in the 4th.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment, given the Broncos' offensive track record this season and Pitt's ability to play defense, I think a more accurate statement would be 'Denver needs to score Touchdown instead of Field Goal'.

In general, Denver is tough in Denver. Their defense has played very well most of the time. With Big Ben ailing and their offense less effective because of it, the possibility of a Denver upset is not outlandish. But it has a chance of happening only if Tebow's strengths can spur an effective running attack and, as you say, divine 4th quarter intervention. Otherwise, this game is nearly a foregone conclusion (IMHO).

1.) Because, while Tebow's not Drew Brees by any stretch of the imagination, your assessment of Tebow is overly harsh and he's a better passer than you give him credit for
With the division title on the line, Tim Tebow went 6/22 for 60 yards and one interception. That's clutch performance! :rolleyes:

2.) Because, as was noted by the analyst during the game, Fox has drilled Tebow so severely on avoiding the turnover that Tebow is being too reluctant to throw during the course of most of the game
You believe the sports media spin from the Tim Tebow apologist camp?

little OT

Anyone think the saints are coming out of the NFC?

little OT

Anyone think the saints are coming out of the NFC?

The Saints won't surprise anyone if they won the NFC. The NFC playoffs will be like World War III. It's too many good teams in that conference. You've have the defending champion Packers,the throwback 49ers,the red hot Saints & the Giants are peeking. They're beat the crap out of each other. We might get our 1st Overtime playoff game (With The New Rules) in the NFC this year.

If the Saint can survive SF, then I will give them a great chance to win the NFC. They will prob benefit more if the Giants beats the Packers which I think is plausible. As for the AFC , maybe I'm wrong, I just think the Pats SHOULD win it. This is the first time I felt that way since 2007. This years seems like a lot of the teams are getting exposed more later in the season or going into the playoffs with losing streaks or significant injuries. Looking at history, that probably will eliminate the Texans, Denver, Bengals, Lions and Falcons.

NFC Contenders: Giants, Packers, or Saints
AFC: Pitts or NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes