PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Pats Ranked Number ONE Pats SB team

Status
Not open for further replies.
The D played quite bad in that game. The Giants had the ball for 37 minutes because they couldn't get off the field. Eli completed 75% of his passes. They gave up an 88 yard drive to end the game. The defense wasn't good all year so it wasn't a surprise though.
Pats gave up 19 points on D... and the last TD was "allowed" on purpose at the very end. If the Giants had needed a TD to win the D had been stout that day actually. Classic Pats bend don't break. You are very wrong. Brady was great Q2 and Q3, but then the offense stalled completely. Honestly the D held the Giants to 3 FG and one offensive TD. Solid game by the D.

And the Pats had one of the top 5 Offenses in NFL history in 2011 and were 13- and had just won 10 straight games. The fans that diss that team as you do are on Pluto.

Oh and by the way TOP is a VERY misunderstood and overrated stat in football. Belichick himself has stated that. If your O can score TDs on 2 minute drives.. the other team scores 3 on 8 minute drives.. POINTS are the key, both on O and D...

Al those teams above were better than the 2007 team and would beat the 2007 team head to head.

No team with Lawrence Maroney as its RB should be in any of the top5 lists. Aside from Moss and Welker that 2007 offense was fatally flawed at RB, OL.

Maroney had 122 rush yards in the divisional round and another 122 in the AFCCG(where Brady threw 3 ints).

He is certainly better than Antowain(3.5 yards a carry) Smith.

Also Patriots leading rusher in 2014 was Jonas "can't set his alarm" Gray.

And Legarrette Blount has never rushed for more than 50 yards in the playoffs against any non Colts team(8 games).

Maroney had 122 rush yards in the divisional round and another 122 in the AFCCG(where Brady threw 3 ints).

He is certainly better than Antowain(3.5 yards a carry) Smith.

Also Patriots leading rusher in 2014 was Jonas "can't set his alarm" Gray.

And Legarrette Blount has never rushed for more than 50 yards in the playoffs against any non Colts team(8 games).
@DropKickFlutie clueless on his list. omg

Al those teams above were better than the 2007 team and would beat the 2007 team head to head.

No team with Lawrence Maroney as its RB should be in any of the top5 lists. Aside from Moss and Welker that 2007 offense was fatally flawed at RB, OL.
2007 smokes all those teams with the exception of 2004

Pats gave up 19 points on D... and the last TD was "allowed" on purpose at the very end. If the Giants had needed a TD to win the D had been stout that day actually. Classic Pats bend don't break. You are very wrong. Brady was great Q2 and Q3, but then the offense stalled completely. Honestly the D held the Giants to 3 FG and one offensive TD. Solid game by the D.

And the Pats had one of the top 5 Offenses in NFL history in 2011 and were 13- and had just won 10 straight games. The fans that diss that team as you do are on Pluto.

Oh and by the way TOP is a VERY misunderstood and overrated stat in football. Belichick himself has stated that. If your O can score TDs on 2 minute drives.. the other team scores 3 on 8 minute drives.. POINTS are the key, both on O and D...

Late to the thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned but I believe Justin Tuck crunched Brady at one point (definitely a drive after the Pats touchdown to start the second half) and not long after the offense lost it's rhythm. Think it messed his throwing shoulder. Still a Welker catch from getting a result though.

I will never understand this revisionist view of the 2011 Pats. They were 13-3, and the year before they were 14-2 and lost to the Jets in the Divisional.

Winning it that year was expected. 13-3 against the 9-7 Giants. The D did not play bad in that game. They should have won, and no, the Pats at 13-3, in the SUper Bowl, are NEVER "playing with house money"

The ONLY Brady lead Pats team "playing with house money" would have been SB 36.

Now, maybe I went to far with the "house money" comment. Obviously, there were expectations. I just don't think they were an elite team. The D was garbage. Nobody can say they were leaps and bounds better than the Giants.

No, they shouldn't have lost to the Murderers.
The game actually shouldn't have been that close at all.

Well, to be fair our defense was horrendous that year. Just think, Edelman and M.Slater were getting reps on d.

Late to the thread so I don't know if it's been mentioned but I believe Justin Tuck crunched Brady at one point (definitely a drive after the Pats touchdown to start the second half) and not long after the offense lost it's rhythm. Think it messed his throwing shoulder. Still a Welker catch from getting a result though.
pick to Gronk was the biggest factor in that loss besides the opening safety.

Now, maybe I went to far with the "house money" comment. Obviously, there were expectations. I just don't think they were an elite team. The D was garbage. Nobody can say they were leaps and bounds better than the Giants.
They were light years better than the Giants. The D actually stopped the Giants a lot in that game and regularly. 2011 Pats Offense was top 5 ALL TIME NFL. Pats should have wiped them off the map. And the D was not the problem it was our O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST