PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 AFCCG on NFL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
And I'm vomiting watching the worst loss in Patriots history.

5 crucial plays/calls:

1. With the Patriots up 21-3 and driving, Tom Brady throws a 15 yard pass to the sidelines to Ben Watson, who runs out of bounds at the 25 or so. Patriots are getting a FG at lest out of this drive, but likely going up 28-3. Ref throws a flag for OPI on Troy Brown away from the play. Brown ran straight down the field and was actually blocked 10 yards away. Points taken away right there, Brady sacked at the 50. PUNT.

2. 3rd qtr., Ellis Hobbs called for PI without even touching the WR in the end zone. Ball placed at the 1. NFL later apologizes for blown call.

3. 3rd qtr., Dominic Rhodes fumbles on the 1. Tedy Bruschi is right there, but somehow Jeff Saturday falls on it. TD.

4. Reche Caldwell is tackled in the end zone. Ball right there. Horrible no call, just robbed.

5. Too many men in the huddle to start Patriots drive with 2 minutes left. Stopped on long 3rd down.

You couldn't pay me to watch this game. And for me personally, this loss hurt the most. I hate Manning (even though I do acknowledge that he's an incredibly gifted QB) and its a game we never should have lost. That was our 4th ring right there as the Bears were a complete fraud and we would have destroyed them. I didn't speak for about a week after that one. We never should have lost that game!!!

It's not the worst lost in patriots history. Being embarrassed by the bears 46-10 in the superbowl in front of all of america was.

"Knock on wood"

?It'd be interesting and probably "too" enlightening to go through all out post season games and see the ball calls and non-calls from both sides. We'd probably end up flipping a couple SB possibilities. but, we'd end up being about the same win/loss.

i.e.e I know where we got burned, but don't remember too many we got favored, but no doubt they are out there. 2001 probably had loads of PI, but it was a different (non-polian enforced) era.

It's not the worst lost in patriots history. Being embarrassed by the bears 46-10 in the superbowl in front of all of america was.

"Knock on wood"

That Bears team was the best team ever. I was 17 and even I knew that.

That Bears team was the best team ever. I was 17 and even I knew that.

Yeah, but they still shouldn't have been embarrassed the way they were. It's the superbowl for crying out loud :rolleyes:

They put up a better fight when they faced the bears in week 2.

Yeah, but they still shouldn't have been embarrassed the way they were. It's the superbowl for crying out loud :rolleyes:

They put up a better fight when they faced the bears in week 2.

Look at the score of Super Bowls before the salary cap.

Remember when drafted players stayed with their teams their entire career?

Blowouts each and every year. 49ers, Giants, Broncos, Bears, Redskins, Bills. Many teams were absolutely stacked back then.

Super Bowl blowouts were the norm for a long time.
When we played the Bears in the Super Bowl I hoped and prayed that we'd win but I knew we'd lose. That Bears D would beat any team, anywhere, anytime. And losing is what we did back then. That was the norm for this franchise. 6-10 or 7-9 was about what was to be expected from us.

Super Bowl blowouts were the norm for a long time.
When we played the Bears in the Super Bowl I hoped and prayed that we'd win but I knew we'd lose. That Bears D would beat any team, anywhere, anytime. And losing is what we did back then. That was the norm for this franchise. 6-10 or 7-9 was about what was to be expected from us.

Up until 1986, the Patriots weren't bad. They had a really good run in the 1970s, a bad year in 1982, but other than that, they had gone a good decade of being an upper echelon NFL team. 1976 to 1986 was a good 11year run with really only one bad year.

The Patriots reputation for losing came after 1987 with the Rod Rust, **** McPherson, Hugh Millen, Tommy Hodson years. Parcells ended that run in 1994. But that was a long 6 years in the wilderness.

The worst loss is 2007 Superbowl, because we had a chance to do something that has never been done and probably never will!

I remember Troy Brown talking about the 2006 AFCCG and how the team was ravaged with the flu and that the RCA Dome was very hot, and the pats locker room was a sauna. In addition they had trouble getting water. Polian at his best!

Worst loss is by FAR 2007 Super Bowl.

Off topic :

I started a blog today guys. Not spamming or anything, just thought maybe you guys would want to read/give some feedback.

SSD | Sporting Facts and Debating Opinions

I guess you mean 2006 AFCCG. I hear ya!

5 crucial plays/calls:

1. With the Patriots up 21-3 and driving, Tom Brady throws a 15 yard pass to the sidelines to Ben Watson, who runs out of bounds at the 25 or so. Patriots are getting a FG at lest out of this drive, but likely going up 28-3. Ref throws a flag for OPI on Troy Brown away from the play. Brown ran straight down the field and was actually blocked 10 yards away. Points taken away right there, Brady sacked at the 50. PUNT.

2. 3rd qtr., Ellis Hobbs called for PI without even touching the WR in the end zone. Ball placed at the 1. NFL later apologizes for blown call.

3. 3rd qtr., Dominic Rhodes fumbles on the 1. Tedy Bruschi is right there, but somehow Jeff Saturday falls on it. TD.

4. Reche Caldwell is tackled in the end zone. Ball right there. Horrible no call, just robbed.

5. Too many men in the huddle to start Patriots drive with 2 minutes left. Stopped on long 3rd down.

Here's a problem with the replay of that game: In order to make time for comments from players, coaches, and media members, they cut out plays #'s 2 and 4 entirely. They also didn't show the play where Caldwell was uncovered before the snap, but dropped the ball. On play #1, they isolated on Watson on the play and had Gary Brackett talk about the penalty, but never showed what Brown did to earn the flag.

I wish they had either made the show 2 hours or cut out some of the interviews and showed more of the actual game.

Lastly, this will come across as sour grapes, but by late in the 4th quarter, the Patriots were down to Heath Evans at RB. Maroney, Dillon, and Faulk were either injured, sick, or gassed by then. It's part of the game, but it would have been nice if one of the top 3 backs was available.

Here's a problem with the replay of that game: In order to make time for comments from players, coaches, and media members, they cut out plays #'s 2 and 4 entirely. They also didn't show the play where Caldwell was uncovered before the snap, but dropped the ball. On play #1, they isolated on Watson on the play and had Gary Brackett talk about the penalty, but never showed what Brown did to earn the flag.

I wish they had either made the show 2 hours or cut out some of the interviews and showed more of the actual game.

Lastly, this will come across as sour grapes, but by late in the 4th quarter, the Patriots were down to Heath Evans at RB. Maroney, Dillon, and Faulk were either injured, sick, or gassed by then. It's part of the game, but it would have been nice if one of the top 3 backs was available.

They did show the Caldwell play, #4

And I'm vomiting watching the worst loss in Patriots history.

The 2010 jets lost still lingers more than this one..I will never get over the fact rex outsmarted bill at home.

I remember Troy Brown talking about the 2006 AFCCG and how the team was ravaged with the flu and that the RCA Dome was very hot, and the pats locker room was a sauna. In addition they had trouble getting water. Polian at his best!

And colts fans claim the pats are the cheaters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes