PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2001 Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was confident right up 'til Dawson wrecked his leg. Then the life went out of the team.

Ha ha. Minus the pass rush Eason could shred a team with soft, catchable passes, had Dawson caught and not got hurt and Morgan not blown a catch [he usually never did]. Marino proved you could wreck that defense by completing passes which stopped the all out rush.

Failing that, it was a slaughterhouse.

I never go into a game not thinking we can win somehow, but the Rams were the team at the time and it was a shocker. Take nothing away from Tom's overtime heroics, but it was the defense that forced that into a competitive game. Great combination of veterans and guys in their prime other line, LBs and DBs. Seymour is the only significant young player I can remember, am I wrong?

Old timers? It was only 16 years ago. Its not like it was 1955 and we need a DeLorean to watch the game (now that is an OLD reference

16 years ago my oldest was in diapers, now he's in college... Great. Now I feel old.

Ok, so I told everyone the Pats would win the Super Bowl against the Rams. The Rams had all the pressure, the Pats would throw the kitchen sink at them cuz they had nothing to lose. To be honest though, I think that was more fan optimism than true belief.

HOWEVER, I 100% felt and believed the Pats were going to win at PIT in the AFC title game.

We should have our own forum version of "Throwback Thursday"and pull up some old threads from these 2001 days.

16 years ago my oldest was in diapers, now he's in college... Great. Now I feel old.
No kidding. My wife was pregnant with #1. Now she's a sophomore

I was in the Superdome that night!

I went in feeling pretty good about our chances but the moment we were introduced as a team I went from liking our chances to feeling confident.

I was there too!

Martz played right into Belichick's plan, trying to pass all over the Patriots. If Martz had given Marshall Faulk 10-15 more touches, the outcome would have been different, IMO.

After the Jets vs Colts in SB III, this has to be the biggest upset in SB history. One of my favorite sports memories ever. Whenever I see highlights of that SB, I get chills.

I think it is hard to argue that the 10-6 Giants beating the 16-0 Patriots isn't easily the biggest Super Bowl upset. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back