PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2001 AFC Divisionals Raiders@Patriots on Youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

PF_SU

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
The (infamous) tuck rule game has been uploaded onto the NFL's Youtube account.

The (infamous) tuck rule game has been uploaded onto the NFL's Youtube account.

See how they conveniently added 'tuck rule game' in the title instead of just saying 2001 AFC Divisional Round. But no the NFL doesn't have a vendetta against the Pats.....

youtube_dl.exe (and the like) is your friend.

See how they conveniently added 'tuck rule game' in the title instead of just saying 2001 AFC Divisional Round. But no the NFL doesn't have a vendetta against the Pats.....
You are overthinking this. The game is commonly known as tuck rule game. It's filed under that name in Wikipedia for example.
Tuck Rule Game - Wikipedia

I was at that game not cold but snowing like crazy. With all the snow it was HARD to track Vinateri's 1st FG

I was at that game not cold but snowing like crazy. With all the snow it was HARD to track Vinateri's 1st FG

Which one? The one in the 3rd qtr or THE KICK?

They were all hard to see dude. Big-ass snowflakes.

The game is certainly an instant classic. I have no qualms about it being called the tuck rule game either. Most of us know it as that.

I call this one the snow bowl. The first patriots game I ever watched. I rooted for the team wearing blue. It's a good thing the raiders weren't wearing blue in that game. Call on the field was right but it was probably a bad rule. If I was a qb I would just keep pump faking

it's their product. Out of fairness to them that is part of what made it memorable to most people, maybe not us in Boston, but the rest of the country.

Wow, hard to believe that game was 15 years ago. I was there, and when Brady "fumbled" we got up and left...we got to the end of our row, thought the better of it hoping for a miracle, and went back to our seats....the rest, as they say, is history...

Wow, hard to believe that game was 15 years ago. I was there, and when Brady "fumbled" we got up and left...we got to the end of our row, thought the better of it hoping for a miracle, and went back to our seats....the rest, as they say, is history...

Why am I not surprised?

They put SB36 back up, too:

We've had a lot of weather elements to deal with during the divisional round of the playoffs.

Just think.............

1996 Divisional vs PIT in crazy FOG

2001 Divisional vs OAK in a crazy SNOW

2003 Divisional vs TEN in crazy COLD

2013 Divisional vs IND in hard RAIN

2016 Gruden: "Boy I tell ya what this Chucky guy on the Raiders is irate man. "

Chills on chills on chills.

I have watched this game so many times over the years! It was definitely a classic in every way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes