2 Coach questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy

Huh?
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
1 - Bill Belichick has a defensive game plan in the HoF. Does the defensive performance in LIII warrant a second enshrinement?

2 - Has a position coach made the HoF? Does Scarnecchia deserve a nod?

1. Everyone thinks McVay and Goff **** the bed. Nobody ever wants to give Belichick or Brady any credit. Whenever they're trying to discredit one, they use the other as their reason why. It's insanity. Their level of hate and jealousy knows no bounds.

2. I don't know. I don't know.

No position coach in the HOF. Yes Scar is a deserving choice, I point to developing Stephen Neal as a prime example of his abilities.

Superbowl LIII was a one score game in the 4th quarter.... There are equally deserving defensive showings in the Superbowl

Superbowl LIII was a one score game in the 4th quarter.... There are equally deserving defensive showings in the Superbowl
What does “one score game” have to do with it? It actually makes it a better performance because there was no room for error. 3 points allowed in the SB in the highest scoring season in nfl history is “equally deserving” to defensive games that werent as good.
This was tied for the fewest points ever allowed in a Sb. The other was the 1971 Dolphins who had less than 2000 passing yards all season.

1 - Bill Belichick has a defensive game plan in the HoF. Does the defensive performance in LIII warrant a second enshrinement?
Flores stymied the Rams

Flores stymied the Rams

True - I should have specified that (not sure if it was 100% Flores, but he deserves top billing I think)

What does “one score game” have to do with it? It actually makes it a better performance because there was no room for error. 3 points allowed in the SB in the highest scoring season in nfl history is “equally deserving” to defensive games that werent as good.
This was tied for the fewest points ever allowed in a Sb. The other was the 1971 Dolphins who had less than 2000 passing yards all season.

The pats were one play from potentially losing... Good thing pass interference wasn't called on cooks across the arms on the right side of the end zone and mccourty was able to make up for the blown coverage on cooks. The defense was a great performance but half the Superbowl performances would be worthy recognition of HOF caliber. It wasn't like they stopped an all-time team. It was a good team that shouldn't have even been there.. the saints should've been there.

2 - Has a position coach made the HoF? Does Scarnecchia deserve a nod?

1. Yes.
2. No and definitely yes.

While we’re talking position coaches, don’t sleep on the quiet man, Ivan Fears, either. Pretty damn good coach.

The pats were one play from potentially losing... Good thing pass interference wasn't called on cooks across the arms on the right side of the end zone and mccourty was able to make up for the blown coverage on cooks. The defense was a great performance but half the Superbowl performances would be worthy recognition of HOF caliber. It wasn't like they stopped an all-time team. It was a good team that shouldn't have even been there.. the saints should've been there.

It was a very good team. Second best offense in the NFL, after KC. Only the Bears stopped them during the regular season. Pats would have stomped the Saints D, which really wasn’t that great. Plus, the Pats won by 10, so call or no call they would’ve won and somebody’s secondary was doing a lot of holding . . .

So you think if you shut a team out and win 40-0 that’s better defense than winning 3-0? That makes no sense to me.
How were they one play from losing when they won by 10?
Half the SB performances are as good as the one that allowed the fewest points ever? No

So you think if you shut a team out and win 40-0 that’s better defense than winning 3-0? That makes no sense to me.
Half the SB performances are as good as the one that allowed the fewest points ever? No
The debate is that it was a HOF game all time game plan. I think it was just a notch below. Not on the same level as 2001. 2001 the pats were massive underdogs. Equating both Rams Superbowl victories as HOF is offbase imo.

It was 3-3 after three quarters.

The debate is that it was a HOF game all time game plan. I think it was just a notch below. Not on the same level as 2001. 2001 the pats were massive underdogs. Equating both Rams Superbowl victories as HOF is offbase imo.
The rules are different now...they massively favor the offense.

Game doesn't end after 3 quarters. The play you mention as robbing the Rams of a victory occurred late in the 4th.

Why don't you go wish TB a Happy Birthday....

The debate was about the DEFENSE

You don’t lose if you fall behind.

But I don’t understand how the game being close doesn’t give the defense even more credit.
And to say they could have lost if they allowed points THAT THEY DIDNT doesn’t reduce the quality of the defense because the really didn’t allow those points.
3 points. End of story.

The debate was about the DEFENSE

Your right and the 2001 rams was all time... Pats were a huge underdog. Last year was hardly that. The debate was "defensive game plan"... Not "defense". If you want to argue defensive units the broncos and Seahawks should be up there.

Last year doesn't come close to 2001. Great performance but not Hof worthy. The closest thing to 2001 would be the 2007 Giants knocking off a Juggernaut. Last yrs rams slowed down second of the season half of the season with gurley injured and losing cupp.

Your right and the 2001 rams was all time... Pats were a huge underdog. Last year was hardly that. The debate was "defensive game plan"... Not "defense". If you want to argue defensive units the broncos and Seahawks should be up there.

Last year doesn't come close to 2001. Great performance but not Hof worthy. The closest thing to 2001 would be the 2007 Giants knocking off a Juggernaut. Last yrs rams slowed down second of the season half of the season with gurley injured and losing cupp.
2001 rams scored 503 points. 2018 rams scored 527.
2001 rams had 427 yards of offense and scored 17 points in the Sb.
2018 rams had 260 Yards of offense and scored 3 points.

Your argument is 100% wrong from every angle.

Honestly I was going to put up the schedule of the 2018 rams after their bye week but it's laughable that you think the two rams teams are on the same level. 2001 has hall of famers... I highly doubt Goff will be a hall of famer or even anyone else on that team

2001 was ahead of their time... Now all the rules are for the offense... Hell I'd say stopping mahomes the first half of the KC game is more impressive.. but even he didn't have hunt... The 2018 rams fell off alot losing Cooper kupp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots