PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It had to happen, the annual 19-0 post -- I am best suited to go there as I am the #1 homer on this site and in Patriot nation.

A few years ago, I left the desert for the long trek home, claiming how much I hate Phoenix, the desert and all things Arizona, never to return. OK , I changed my mind, I really, really want to go there again, first week in Feb 2015 thank you very much, this time i plan to see a much better outcome.

I seriously feel with improvements and experience with NE "D", that alone will push this team over the top. With a return to "normal attrition" as opposed to the ridiculous amount of injury this team has seen recently, combined with the improved "D" and another year of Tom Brady being Tom Brady, this is the year, for real.

OK, maybe not 19-0 (maybe if it happened the stupid loser 18-0 banner could be removed). I really could care less about 19-0 or any stat, as long as that elusive fourth banner comes our way.

I'm saying 20-0. That's right, THREE teams in the AFC will go 16-0, and by strength of victory tiebreaker the Patriots will be forced to play on wild card weekend. They will then beat both other 16-0 teams en route to a Super Bowl win over San Francisco.

20-0. You heard it here first.

I don't think we will see 19-0 for several more years or decades, that goes for any team IMO

19-0 book it, I will post pics of my **** if I'm wrong.

I am right there with you redemption in the desert!

In all honesty as crazy as 19-0 is I think this team has a shot and I think a 14-2 or 15-1 regular season is where this team is heading and with a little luck maybe they pull off another 16-0 but none of this matters if they don't win in Feb.

I'm saying 20-0. That's right, THREE teams in the AFC will go 16-0, and by strength of victory tiebreaker the Patriots will be forced to play on wild card weekend. They will then beat both other 16-0 teams en route to a Super Bowl win over San Francisco.

20-0. You heard it here first.

You may be right. PATS may not win the division this year.

1. All our division opponents have improved (PATS have also)
but PATS may have NOT made more improvement.

2. Gronk may only play his .... what, 8 games a season.

3. Easley may find it a lot tougher in the NFL and may not
live up to expectations.

4. Wouldn't be surprised if Wilfork and Kelley get injured again.

5. One safety position may be a problem all season.

6. PATS offense if about the same as last year will have a hard time
with the division defenses. (What big improvements on Offense?)
Will the Oline be better this year protecting Brady?

7. Will Revis be the Revis of old or something less than Talib?

So say PATS split on division games -- that's three losses. Of the Broncos, Chiefs,Packers and Colts they may see two or three more losses, plus the one no one expects. So they could finish 10-6, and in the hunt for a wild card.

I know this is a pessimistic point of view but I could see a way for a 20 game road
to the Superbowl for the PATS.

You may be right. PATS may not win the division this year.
1. all our division opponents have improved (PATS have also)
but PATS may have NOT made more improvement.
2. Gronk may only play his .... what 8 games a season.
3. Easley may find it a lot tougher in the NFL and may not
live up to expectations.
4. wouldn't be surprised if Wilfork and Kelley get injured again.
5. 1 safety position may be a problem all season.
6. PATS offense if about the same as last year will have a hard time
with the division defenses.( what big improvements on Offense? )
Will the Oline be better this year protecting Brady?
7. Will Revis be the Revis of old or something less than Talib?

so say PATS split on division games -- that's three losses
Of Broncos, Chiefs,Packers and Colts they may see 2 or 3 more losses
plus the one no one expects. so they could finish 10-6
and in the hunt for a wild card.

I know this is a pessimistic point of view but I could see a way for a 20 game road
to the Superbowl for the PATS.

Not sure this really meshes with the spirit of my post, but alright. Your opinion is noted :D

16-3 with a SB victory. If not, I'll post pics of some chick's butts

Can I suggest that instead of Gymrat-ian selfies.. we all agree to post pics of the wives and girlfriends should we go 19-0?

Maybe we could get Tom in on this.. anyone have his email? :)

Last edited:
McCourty isn't elite enough.

19-0 is cursed.
Losing a couple is good. It makes you focus on the weaknesses of the team and become better and grow from the losses. (think 2004 Steelers, we get killed in reg. season comeback for postseason revenge)

Ok, but I'm not sure if she's gonna let me take a picture of her ****.

Between my Kindle's tiny editing box and me apparantly always hitting the i key when Im aiming for the o key.. Im doomed to ever appear like the schitzophrenic typist. :)

I think I will put something in my signature about beseeching people to correct any blaring typos of mine when they quote me.

Last edited:
I do not want this team to go unbeaten; I think that it is added pressure that takes away from the ultimate goal of winning a super bowl, also I think it is important for a team to face adversity in the season, in 2007 the team was exhausted by the 19-0 expectations, it became bigger than the super bowl.

I do not want this team to go unbeaten; I think that it is added pressure that takes away from the ultimate goal of winning a super bowl, also I think it is important for a team to face adversity in the season, in 2007 the team was exhausted by the 19-0 expectations, it became bigger than the super bowl.

Sure, but I'm not choosy -- I'll settle for 19-0.

If ...

Gronk comes back healthy. Vince comes back strong. They can protect Brady up the middle. Ridley cures his fumble-itis. Chandler Jones becomes the sack machine we hope he's going to be. Revis is as advertised. McDaniels and Patricia raise their games. Brady and KT get in sync. Amendola stays healthy.

Then, sure, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots