PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

178 Overall Pick: Christian Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Strengths
  • Nice thick frame throughout his body
  • Good athlete is space. Loose hips, quick feet that stay moving. Very good balance. Can hang with underneath defenders in flat, mof. Can cover in short area & some TE's downfield/seem. Good cod.
  • Pops when he hits. Rolls hip like a big boy up front.
  • Added versatility as a blitzer. He'll touch passes & make QB's move off their spot.
  • Great motor & instincts. At times a playmaker that will give you TKL & a big hit to set the tone.
  • Very tough, physical player that likes mixing it up. Knows what his role is but brings a lot more. Has attitude you want.
  • Good vision, including peripheral, have seen him recognize plays develop outside before the offense.

Concerns
  • Good not great play speed
  • Would like to see a little more production but did nothing but good things from coaches/players.
  • Has to just play & forget trying diagnose everything. Has to just play & trust what he sees. Speed would improve.
  • At times will over run/play & take himself away from where the ball is going. Has to sit down & spend down looking at different schemes & looks from offenses.

I really like where we got him. If you're looking for a coverage backer than this our pick. I love the way he plays, moves & attitude he brings on the field although some want to see more of that from him. He's a versatile player that could develop into something really nice in the future once if figures out how to process info quicker & just react off it. Good pick. Def a P-TP.

competition for Langi's roster spot

competition for Langi's roster spot

Langi never played a down in the regular season right? He was the guy involved in the car accident still in training camp. I just checked here he played in one game, the accident was in October.

Anyway, I wish him the best but I don't see why people here is treating him like a lock, at the time of the accident I was really sad because apart from the injuries he and his wife suffered, his NFL career was at jeopardy because he wasn't on the field producing and generating stats and tape. That's cruel because in the next year (this) new draftees and UDFA's come hungry with the chance of their lifes like he did last year in training camp, it's unfortunate but he does have an uphill battle.

Langi never played a down in the regular season right? He was the guy involved in the car accident still in training camp. I just checked here he played in one game, the accident was in October.

Anyway, I wish him the best but I don't see why people here is treating him like a lock, at the time of the accident I was really sad because apart from the injuries he and his wife suffered, his NFL career was at jeopardy because he wasn't on the field producing and generating stats and tape. That's cruel because in the next year (this) new draftees and UDFA's come hungry with the chance of their lifes like he did last year in training camp, it's unfortunate but he does have an uphill battle.
Not saying I disagree, Bill & co have been looking at Langi for a minute now.

The ILBs are talented and complimentary. Let's see if they're NFL level.

The ILBs are talented and complimentary. Let's see if they're NFL level.
Yea this wasn't nec about grabbing a starter but upgrading the back up role, depth & obviously pushing the current group.

Good competition at LB will only improve team and add better depth....20-25% turnover every year on roster and Patriots STILL win the Division and get to playoffs/Super Bowl......Gotta love this year's team potential.....Stay Healthy !!

Yea this wasn't nec about grabbing a starter but upgrading the back up role, depth & obviously pushing the current group.

Well, Elandon Roberts started 14 games. That tells me they need more than depth. They might have identified some depth players last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe