PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

178 Overall Pick: Christian Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
In another thread I said we drafted two additional Elandon Robertses. I have to say that I fell victim to the CBS draft tracker's seemingly inaccurate characterization of him as a slow thumper, which I can't find corroboration of anywhere else. I now like this pick.

Caserio has been way more transparent in the past couple days than I've ever seen any Patriots person be.
Agreed but I'll say he always gives great answers. I'd love to see & understand the dynamic between all the big shots there.

Here nice film study of Sam by Lazar

____

Should be solid versatile competition for Langi, M.Flowers, also on ST.

Although he did look like he lacks strength at times to me as well . the fact is he had the highest BP number of all Combine backers: 28 (Bentley not invited ;)) . so should be coachable.

The ILBs are talented and complimentary. Let's see if they're NFL level.
No, they would have to pay them the rookie minimum salary and a signing bonus if they make the team.

Interesting how athletically similar these two picks are.
  • Ja'Whaun Bentley Purdue 6-1.5 246, 4.75 40, 31 reps @ 225, 29.5" vertical 111" broad, 7.1 3-cone
  • Christian Sam* Arizona State 6-1.0 244, 4.75 40, 28 reps @ 225, 32.0" vertical 114" broad, 7.0 3-cone
Seems to recall Caserio's statement that "around 50% of these players make the roster..."

In another thread I said we drafted two additional Elandon Robertses. I have to say that I fell victim to the CBS draft tracker's seemingly inaccurate characterization of him as a slow thumper, which I can't find corroboration of anywhere else. I now like this pick.
He def plays faster than he timed. Can do a lil bit of everything but needs work reading & anticipating around the line.

Here nice film study of Sam by Lazar

____

Should be solid versatile competition for Langi, M.Flowers, also on ST.

Although he did look like he lacks strength at times to me as well . the fact is he had the highest BP number of all Combine backers: 28 (Bentley not invited ;)) . so should be coachable.

Exactly that's what both these picks are. Depth, push current players & a possible hit on the drafted player in terms of fit w/ the team & chemistry w/ the staff/players.

Surely it will be tough for either to fill the shoes of Harris as a predominately inactive player. That leadership though! ;)

How long before someone here writes, "He sucks. " 3-2-1...
Justin.

Falk.

Sam (or one of multiple reasonable facsimiles) could've likely been available at 219, where something called an Etling was chosen.

Falk vs Etling...before the 6th round began, who would the entire human race - except for the Etling family, maybe - have chosen between one or the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft