PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

16 Years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the birth of their children,(and MAYBE Toms wedding day), Ill bet this was the most important day of their lives to both TB and BB. Without BB, Tom would still have been in the GOAT conversation. And without TB, BB would still be in the GOAT convo for both HC and GM. But i dont think either would have had as much success w/o the other. I just dont get some posters here who seem to have the attitude that one was great and the other wasnt-regardless of which guy they lean to. Y'all gotta have some kind of weird agenda. Fact is, anyone who truly looks objectively at the ENTIRE body of work of either one of em, can only come to the conclusion that theyre both the GOAT or at least in the top 3. And thats the opinion of most respected nfl pundits-not just Pats fans. Why do y'all(and you know who you are) have to slight one? It doesnt make the other one greater. Why not just appreciate both of em? What we have is very rare and unprecedented. Why not just enjoy it?

I think it's a 60/40 split.

Don't know which way to split it though. :eek:

You should give a lot of credit to **** Rehbein who was the driving force behind the signing.

You also have to give a lot of credit to Parcells. His scout was yelling at him to take Brady, but since he had already drafted a QB (Pennington, I believe), he passed on Brady and so let Brady fall to 199.

You also have to give a lot of credit to Parcells. His scout was yelling at him to take Brady, but since he had already drafted a QB (Pennington, I believe), he passed on Brady and so let Brady fall to 199.
I'm sure he did it as a favor to Bob and Myra Kraft. :rolleyes:

16 years ago today I was getting ready to run my one and only Boston Marathon and I wasn't paying any attention to the back end of the draft to be honest. I was also taller, leaner, smarter, cuter and way more hair. And no, avocado was not a part of my diet. Probably explains why I'm shorter, fatter, dumber, plainer and balder than I was 16 years ago.

16 years ago today I was getting ready to run my one and only Boston Marathon and I wasn't paying any attention to the back end of the draft to be honest. I was also taller, leaner, smarter, cuter and way more hair. And no, avocado was not a part of my diet. Probably explains why I'm shorter, fatter, dumber, plainer and balder than I was 16 years ago.

Odd, never heard of anyone getting shorter over time...

Odd, never heard of anyone getting shorter over time...

Vision, hearing, memory and hair are just a few things that tend to disappear as the candles increase on our birthday cake. Unfortunately, height can be added to this list. In fact, we can begin shrinking as early as our 30s, according to some research.

Men can gradually lose an inch between the ages of 30 to 70, and women can lose about two inches. After the age of 80, it’s possible for both men and women to lose another inch.

Do people shrink as they age? - UAMSHealth

but you had 16 years of Brady and belichick...

Loss of height in older years is often a result of disc compression or degeneration.

As a geezer I've lost maybe 1/2". Sadly, friends who were taller are now shorter than I. It happens.
So after any weight session at the gym I always go and hang off various equipment bars for a while.

To the tune of Sgt. Pepper:

It was 16 years ago today
Tom Brady was the pick to play
For the coach who would call his name
When Bledsoe got hit and came up lame
So let me introduce to you
The two you've known for all these years...
Bill and Tom's Lombardi Trophy Band, yeah!!!

:) (yeah, it's lame, but I'm on my third gin and tonic LOL)

Brady, Bird, Orr....

3 gifts from the sports gods in my lifetime. My sports fandom has been blessed.
Add Yaz and I'm with you...of course, there is the small matter that the Sawx never won a Championship with Yaz, unlike the others...but I'm willing to forgive him for that...the Curse and all that...

Other than the birth of their children,(and MAYBE Toms wedding day), Ill bet this was the most important day of their lives to both TB and BB. Without BB, Tom would still have been in the GOAT conversation. And without TB, BB would still be in the GOAT convo for both HC and GM. But i dont think either would have had as much success w/o the other. I just dont get some posters here who seem to have the attitude that one was great and the other wasnt-regardless of which guy they lean to. Y'all gotta have some kind of weird agenda. Fact is, anyone who truly looks objectively at the ENTIRE body of work of either one of em, can only come to the conclusion that theyre both the GOAT or at least in the top 3. And thats the opinion of most respected nfl pundits-not just Pats fans. Why do y'all(and you know who you are) have to slight one? It doesnt make the other one greater. Why not just appreciate both of em? What we have is very rare and unprecedented. Why not just enjoy it?
Without Bob Kraft none of what's transpired the past 21 years happens with those 2 or this franchise.

At all.

Period.

The guy who prevented the St. Louis Stallions from ever existing and built a stadium with a virtual city around it on his own dime.

You know, the guy who pays all the employees for this empire to operate and the biggest reason for this site to even exist.

If you told me 21 years ago we could have 4 SB titles, 7 appearances, 10 AFCCGames, 15 Div titles and 17 playoff qualifications for 3 1sts, a 4th and $1.75 mil I would've said I'll take that deal all day.

If you told me 21 years ago we could have 4 SB titles, 7 appearances, 10 AFCCGames, 15 Div titles and 17 playoff qualifications for 3 1sts, a 4th and $1.75 mil I would've said I'll take that deal all day.

yeah but 2 of those are bullsh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick