PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12/20: Patterson not at practice either; Slater practicing with WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Patterson not at practice today either?!

On Zolak show they are reporting Patterson is not at practice either...for unknown reason..and Matthew Slater is working out with the WRs....god let this be wrong!!!:confused:

OMG...I hope Gilmore's injury isn't serious... :D

This is the last year of Patriots Dynasty 2.0. It's 2009 again, not in the sense of the teams results but in terms of an aging roster and a series of disappointing drafts. In 2010, it was said they made some big reevaluation of their scouting department and the types of players they were drafting. I think another reevaluation would make sense here.

This is the last year of Patriots Dynasty 2.0. It's 2009 again, not in the sense of the teams results but in terms of an aging roster and a series of disappointing drafts. In 2010, it was said they made some big reevaluation of their scouting department and the types of players they were drafting. I think another reevaluation would make sense here.
need to let it play out first. If we win the next two 11-5, 10th straight division title.. etc. I expect re-tooling all the time, and they need to do a better job of it that is for sure..

I think the Patriots dynasty has had a bunch of different iterations already. It's a rough exercise at best, but I'd say that 2001-2006 was roughly one iteration, 2007-2011 was roughly one, 2012-2015 was roughly one, and 2016-2018 was roughly one. I agree that 2018 feels like the end of an iteration, and next year's team will look significantly different.

He's due!

I think the Patriots dynasty has had a bunch of different iterations already. It's a rough exercise at best, but I'd say that 2001-2006 was roughly one iteration, 2007-2011 was roughly one, 2012-2015 was roughly one, and 2016-2018 was roughly one. I agree that 2018 feels like the end of an iteration, and next year's team will look significantly different.
The entire stretch will be considered the same dynasty historically. mainly because of the continuous Division titles, winning seasons, Super Bowl appearances, and the continuity of the QB and Coach. (San Fran is considered one dynasty and they changed coach and QB.)

The 1957 Celtics had one player that was on the 1969 Celtics (at least I am pretty sure that's true) , and a different Head Coach.. no one considers that separate dynasties.

The entire stretch will be considered the same dynasty historically. mainly because of the continuous Division titles, winning seasons, Super Bowl appearances, and the continuity of the QB and Coach. (San Fran is considered one dynasty and they changed coach and QB.)

The 1957 Celtics had one player that was on the 1969 Celtics (at least I am pretty sure that's true) , and a different Head Coach.. no one considers that separate dynasties.

True, but separate dynasties and retooling within a dynasty aren't really the same thing. And generally speaking I only really bring it up since Curran's article about it led people to start referring to post-2009 as "Patriots 2.0". At that point, if we're going to talk in terms of iterations then I don't think that's really correct. The 2001 Patriots and 2007 Patriots had little enough in common, both philosophically and in terms of coaching and personnel, that I can't make sense of them being considered the same iteration. I think it creates an interesting discussion re: exactly how many times the Patriots have retooled in terms of both personnel and philosophy to keep this run going for as long as it has.

When we get to the historic legal of these Patriots, I hope people do have the presence of mind to break it down like this, because it really highlights how impressive this run has been IMO, and how far ahead of all of its peers this team has been. It's hard enough to build one great core, and the Patriots have built at least 3-4 over the course of this run.

tenor.gif

Welcome to the Sony Michel era!

I like this as much as I liked Larry Izzo playing LB....

Anyway, I am done whining. No one has ever called me Dr. Sunshine of love and happiness but it is what it is, in some perverse way it is more fun to watch this team. I have honestly no idea what team will show up week to week.

Go Pats, lets hope for a truckload of lightening in a bottle.

He's practicing because CP is absent.

OMG, why is CP absent...

His Instagram picture from yesterday shows that he’s clearly not expecting a kid like when Flowers and Burkhead missed practice recently. On any normal December day, it would be safe to assume the flu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down