PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bedard - Pats NOT IN on lamar Jackson....

I believe a former MVP that is only 26 and says he wants to come play here then you have to find a way to explore it as a organization!
It depends on the player and it depends on how much it will cost in both picks and money.

I believe a former MVP that is only 26 and says he wants to come play here then you have to find a way to explore it as a organization!
so he wants to come here because a rapper who heard from a friend who heard from a friend that may have heard from lamar jackson and we should throw our whole offseason plan and finacial strap the team ?? yeah ok

FWIW, Jeff Howe reported this morning per his sources that NE is out on Jackson at the moment as well due to the cost of a trade plus the contract he would require. He feels it should be Jones in 2023 with Zappe getting the chance to push him in camp but in all likelihood, Jones winning the role.

FWIW, Jeff Howe reported this morning per his sources that NE is out on Jackson at the moment as well due to the cost of a trade plus the contract he would require. He feels it should be Jones in 2023 with Zappe getting the chance to push him in camp but in all likelihood, Jones winning the role.

This is disappointing news.

Here’s hoping Levis falls to 14 or Zappe comes to camp with a cannon.

Allen,
Rodgers
Tua with Waddle and Hill
We are marching out Mac when Lamar wants to be a Patriot.
Our offense will be better and more effective with an actual passer at QB.

Lamar has never won in the postseason for a reason.

so he wants to come here because a rapper who heard from a friend who heard from a friend that may have heard from lamar jackson and we should throw our whole offseason plan and finacial strap the team ?? yeah ok

We also have zero context for it. Did Lamar say, "I want to play for the Patriots" or did he say something like, "I would play for the Patriots, Dolphins, 49ers, Falcons, Saints, Commanders..." and so on, and so on. In other words, was it really the PATRIOTS he was highlighting, or was it a much broader comment.

It's worth a lot to see a dose of sanity brought to the discussion.

The Patriots have spent the offseason thus far to build around Mac Jones. I seriously doubt the Pats will trade for Jackson unless the Ravens reduce their asking price (right now it would be the franchise tag compensation) AND Jackson takes far less guarantees than what is reported that he wants. I don't see either of those happening (although they might take a first, Mac, and another lesser pick for Jackson).

I think this is more of the fans wanting this to happen rather than any basis in reality. Even Kraft's comments are taken out of context because Breer's account of the comments states he wasn't listening to the full conversation and seems to only listened in when Kraft made the comment that Meeks Mills called him.

[/QUOTE

Lamar likely had us on his radar far before RK made mention of that. He loves BB. However I'll agree with you I don't feel the whole off-season plan should be comprised.. it won't happen.. Lamar is a great talented player and he definitely goes back to ravens.

Levis = Jameis Winston 2.0 IMO. Great arm and athleticism, decision making not so much. Patriots have more pressing needs at 14 than picking up a very raw QB prospect who needs to improve a lot to be an NFL caliber QB.

IF BB wants Shula's record with the limited time he has left based on age he better play the best QB that gives him the best chance to win. Also Hot Head OC BOB ain't taking any crap from Mac IF he struggles again. Struggling in Patricia's vanilla or ridiculous Offense says a lot about Mac the Offense wasn't innovative in the least. That said I hope we get a chance to Draft Tennessee's Hendon Hooker in the Second or Third Round I like his upside he's an older mature prospect who has all the tools. I also think Purdy/Zappe will be ready to compete in year Two good luck Mac 10.

IF BB wants Shula's record with the limited time he has left based on age he better...
Stop his old boys club nonsense.
He wasted an ENTIRE year by having judge and patricia royally **** up the offense.

He wasted a year of mac
He wasted a year of his offensive skill players
He forced his year 2qb to learn a new offense that ABSOLUTELY sucked
He allowed two absolute coaching failures judge and patricia to rip mac in the media via "sources"

Zappe looked great when he came in because they called a COMPLETELY different game plan when he was in on offense. It was absurd.
Last year was one of his worst coaching jobs as a patriot. INCLUDING the years when the team was below .500.

What I wrote last night is already proving true... Lamar is now in self-defense mode.
Once millennials start thinking out-loud, on twitter, posting every fleeting thought as it crosses ones brain, it only goes badly.
This doesn't reflect "franchise leader" behavior that would ensure teams about to spend $200M+
This is why he needs paid representation - why all players do. To protect you from yourself... and your momma who sits at home and keeps telling you on the phone, "no amount of money is too much for my baby!"

That's the bottom line. It's cap management suicide. It's too bad, really, I feel that Lamar is going to cost himself millions because teams aren't going to line up to pay what he's demanding.

More dysfunction.

That's the bottom line. It's cap management suicide. It's too bad, really, I feel that Lamar is going to cost himself millions because teams aren't going to line up to pay what he's demanding.
because he dont deserve it ... he is more of a media hype then a good qb his mvp was a abberastion

Troll?

Allen,
Rodgers
Tua with Waddle and Hill
We are marching out Mac when Lamar wants to be a Patriot.
how long have you followed the Patriots? Do you think BB is going to give up multiple 1st rd picks...and then give Jackson the biggest QB contract in the history of the NFL? Did you really think that was a possibility? I'll take Mac Jones and an actual offensive coordinator going forward.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back