PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 year Old Says TB12 Cheats, Wins Science Fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mainstreaming of extreme Tribalism is what makes this possible; otherwise he wouldn't get the positive feedback from adults that empowers it.

Glad we are hear in a bastion of civil sanity, on a football board, rather than in some tribal space on the internet.

Oh, wait...

My first reaction was one of embarrassment, since I live in Kentucky now (Louisville, very different than Lexington) and I'm sure there'll be lots of well-deserved slights about hicks not understanding basic science etc..

My second reaction was, well the kid DID put a lot of work into his (stupid, mid-guided) project.

And third? WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??!!! :mad: (Sorry to shout)

Non-Pats fans are more obsessed with Brady than Pats fans are.

10 yr old “hates” Tom Brady- seriously? Does he even know what hate means? Also- he would have been about 5 when the false deflating narrative hit the fan. Dad and/or Mom came up with the mess on his science board, not him. Gross.

Your honor, for the prosecution, we have a 10-year old boy from Kentucky who had his relatives throw some footballs.

For the defense, we have world-renowned MIT Engineering Professor John Leonard:

I've always wondered if you could do more with a monopoly get out of free jail card.... quick someone drop kick him.

The mainstreaming of extreme Tribalism is what makes this possible; otherwise he wouldn't get the positive feedback from adults that empowers it.

Glad we are hear in a bastion of civil sanity, on a football board, rather than in some tribal space on the internet.

Oh, wait...

Huh? I didn't realize I was empowering "extreme tribalism" with my comments.

(Goodness gracious)

And to the poster who mentioned knowing engineers on KY, you're right: my experience of living here the last 14 years, and as a NE native who's lived in NY and CA too, here's the truth: There are great people, and there are jerks, in every town in America. And sometimes that changes just based on what day it is.

(There, hope I didn't disparage anyone's "tribal space". I'm going to get back to work now ;))

By the way, the science sucks also

This is the saddest part. Let's for a second assume he was playing to the crowd as far as anti-Pats sentiment goes. Fine, whatever. But for Christ's sake at least do a project on something that hasn't already been picked apart by faulty science. It's like doing a "Vaccines cause autism" project after Wakefield's study was discredited.

You want to give the kid a 3rd or 2nd place ribbon for his process? Fine. He's 10 and it looks like he put in the work and I do chuckle at his choice of pics, so I give him presentation points as well. But first prize? At what point does the actual science count towards determining a winner? The school dropped the ball on this.

Regards,
Chris

I hope the little puke is up all night crying the night of feb 3. If we win send him a complimentary championship poster

The kid's 10, there's no reason to be upset with him. I will say that his penmanship for that age/grade leaves something to be desired.

His parent's judgement, though, is pretty poor. I'm sure they encouraged their son to "hate" Brady, but then they also want him to root for Jameis Winston. Winston served a suspension for groping an Uber driver this season, was accused of rape in college and shoplifted from grocery store. This is the guy Ace Davis' parents want their son to look up to, while hating Tom Brady. If their son loses in the next round of the science fair competition, it's a safe bet that they'll accuse the winner of cheating.

So his proof that Tom deflated balls is that deflated balls are easier to throw farther? There’s a pretty large assumption there.

Easier to throw farther by his mom and sister. That's very comparable to a 6'4" NFL QB throwing a ball. Very scientific. Not that the balls were under inflated anyway. Maybe once he studies middle school science, he can investigate that and prove he's smarter than Troy Vincent and Fraudger.

Easier to throw farther by his mom and sister. That's very comparable to a 6'4" NFL QB throwing a ball. Very scientific. Not that the balls were under inflated anyway. Maybe once he studies middle school science, he can investigate that and prove he's smarter than Troy Vincent and Fraudger.

Even if that was scientifically valid, how does it prove that Tom deflated the balls?

I know he's just a child, but is it good to continue to peddle a lie like this?

Your honor, for the prosecution, we have a 10-year old boy from Kentucky who had his relatives throw some footballs.

For the defense, we have world-renowned MIT Engineering Professor John Leonard:

M.I.T.??? Never heard of it. :confused:

I don't see how your comments would be empowering tribalism, either. Nor why you would think I did?

Huh? I didn't realize I was empowering "extreme tribalism" with my comments.

(Goodness gracious)

And to the poster who mentioned knowing engineers on KY, you're right: my experience of living here the last 14 years, and as a NE native who's lived in NY and CA too, here's the truth: There are great people, and there are jerks, in every town in America. And sometimes that changes just based on what day it is.

(There, hope I didn't disparage anyone's "tribal space". I'm going to get back to work now ;))

At what point, we as pat fans are gonna ignore the noise belichick asks of his players?

I saw this yesterday as I'm sure half the board did and it made it to today before someone felt the need to discuss it.

Move on. Ignore it. Stop bringing this negativity to the board. We know how this goes. Someone says we cheat, everyone *****es and makes jokes, rinse and repeat.

Dont feed into it.

No.

Owners own the team.
GM's manage the roster.
Coaches coach the team.
Players play.
Water boys get water.
Fans battle the BS on line.

It's how it goes. We fight the good fight while our team ignores the noise.

This kid would be my hero if he re-enacts "The Wave" if he wins the state competition...

"You voted my project as the winner despite overlooking obviously flawed scientific method. You let propaganda cloud your view on what is actual science. You allowed mob mentality to form your decision.

"You would have all made great Nazis."

Regards,
Chris

No.

Owners own the team.
GM's manage the roster.
Coaches coach the team.
Players play.
Water boys get water.
Fans battle the BS on line.

It's how it goes. We fight the good fight while our team ignores the noise.

Naw. I'm done with this storyline and would greatly appreciate not having to deal with the headlines on the Pats board. Its **** I expect to hear my buddy colt fan text me and not fans getting riled up over an obviously fake story from a damn 10 year old. It's not good for your health if you're still focused on a story from 4 years ago.

Was this kids last name Sharpe or Kellerman by any chance?

Still waiting to see any actual "science" with this.

Ace Davis from Millcreek Elementary in Lexington, Ky., focused his project on Deflategate, telling nfldraftdiamonds.com how the Super Bowl-winning quarterback inspired it.

"I hate Tom Brady," Ace said. "He's been accused of cheating before. I want him to be caught."​

Young boy won science fair by asking if Tom Brady cheats

Here is the analogy:

• I hate this person because he was convicted of a crime.

• Here is benefit of that crime.

• Therefore that person committed the crime.

That is one giant leap.

This "science" makes the Salem Witch Trials look completely fair and objective.

6953159.jpg

The failure here is not so much in the student (or his parents), but in those adults who served as judges in this science fair. They are the ones that should be scrutinized and be held accountable.

As mentioned a few times earlier, this could have been a perfect teaching opportunity. The subjects of what is (and is not) the scientific method, how that correlates to legal methodology, innocent until proven guilty, jumping to conclusions, bias and pitfalls of mob rule - any or all could have been discussed.

Shame on the educators. Opportunity missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes