PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“The Patriots Haven’t Played a Real Team”

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look like real teams. The fools saying all that seem to forget that any NFL team can beat you. The fact that not many are winning teams now is irrelevant. I remember this one year, the Browns won like three games. Last time we had that big snow

They can only play who is on the schedule.

The Bills seem to be a "real" team, since they are 4-1 and right behind us in the standings.

3ddxg9.jpg

fair enough

I wasn't implying that Houston and KC were the only two good teams we play, I meant just like every other team, 14 of our opponents and the location of those games has been set for 17 years now. The winners of the AFC West and AFC South were the only games not set.

Before this season started, I ran into a former co-worker that's a big Steelers fan. No matter what I said, he was convinced the Steelers would play the Pats next year, regardless of final standings, because "they'll want the tv ratings." I mentioned we play almost every year because we both finish first. "Yeah but some years we didn't win the division and we still played y'all." I pointed out that was the years we played the entire AFC North. It didn't matter. The schedule wasn't set, it was all about ratings.

So yeah, a lot of people have no idea how the schedule works.

Yes, as always, we will play the AFC division leaders and the likely winner of one of the NFC divisions. BTW, DAL might beat out PHI, but your analysis stands.

The "hard" part is that this is all in the last half, plus BUF.

The "good" part is that we are 6-0 and still play MIA, CIN, CLE and the jets.

We will play some real teams eventually:

@Baltimore, @Houston, K.C., and Buffalo: These are the #2, #3, #4, and #5 teams in the AFC.

And I believe the Eagles will win the NFC East.

The only "good teams" we will not play are: Saints, Seahawks, Niners, and Packers.....and THEY DON'T PLAY US EITHER!

Well the patriots play the jets twice. The same team that just beat the cowboys who some predicted to be Super Bowl contenders. Just saying..

The irony is that everyone would be calling the Bills a real team IF they beat the Pats.

The narrative would be.........the Pats lost to the only real team on their schedule thus far.

But the way it works is that if the Pats beat a team then it's not possible for that team to be considered a real team.

Think about it, if it was the Pats that beat up the Chiefs this weekend (and not the Texans) the narrative would be that the Chiefs are frauds and we have still yet to beat anyone.

Yes, as always, we will play the AFC division leaders and the likely winner of one of the NFC divisions. BTW, DAL might beat out PHI, but your analysis stands.

The "hard" part is that this is all in the last half, plus BUF.

The "good" part is that we are 6-0 and still play MIA, CIN, CLE and the jets.

I think Cleveland will be a tough game...they will be coming off a BYE...ditto for Baltimore.

I am hoping for 3-0 before the BYE week...but can live with 2-1.

Meanwhile, the 3 teams we beat to get the championship are faltering. KC, San Diego and LA aren’t the same.

Why does that happen so often the past 20 years? Just like what’s happened to Atlanta

It will take Atlanta 500 years to recover from their SB loss lol

Exactly. We play the Chiefs and Texans this year. The rest of the teams on our schedule were set in 2002. It's crazy how so few people understand this.

The irony is the two biggest chest thumping idiot fan bases are the NFC East and AFC North, always bragging how their division is so tough the Patriots wouldn’t have any success there. Now that those two divisions are on the schedule, additional whining that the Patriots opponents suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes