PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yeah, right. Maroney is a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
when is his contract up, cuz you know there is no chance the pats will pay a RB big money?

not only has his running been more impressive, but hes on the field more often on passing down. Hes in there to catch some..block so we've increased his role because hes improved his overall game and can be relied on to do some of Faulk's work

he runs hard and fast

I think Maroney is a great back, its been well documented that if you guys wouldnt have snatched him up in the draft we were going to. He played well tonight, but the jags were daring you to run, they virtually played their nickel D all night long. Nice win. Hopefully we will see you guys next week.

Addai has a champion's heart, but he is not a great running back. Last season he benefited enormously from the wealth of Colt WR talent, with teams preferring to die that slow death than by the deep ball. He often faced 6 man fronts as teams employed a 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 nickle and dime. His production and reputation as a pure runner were skewed, but you can never knock his heart or courage. In that respect he is elite.

This season, the injury to Harrison made Addai face more regular fronts, and he averaged 4.1 YPA.

Maroney has much more natural talent as a runner than Addai, and he will last longer as a feature back because of his superior intelligence and ability to avoid the big hit. Over the last 4 games he is averaging 20 carries 107 yards and over a TD a game. This trend will continue into next season when he will be 23, the same age Addai was when entering the league. Maroney is a lock pro bowl rb, possibly all-pro, as his role expands in the passing game.

Where is the Putz brigade of NSA, F7, VJC, and Danny88? You still think Maroney is a bust? Maroney had 22 carries for 122 yards (5.55 YPC) against the 11th ranked run defense in the league. OH, and lets not forget the TD and the 2 receptions for 40 yards.

I have been saying Maroney has been proving me wrong for a solid month now and I could not be happier.

Your the putz:rolleyes: Why dont you go meltdown all over the place as usual, haha.

Awesome game from him last night and he rose to the occasion. Looked a million dollars and didn't look the timid Maroney we've seen a few times this year. Hopefully that was due to health rather than incosistancy.

Agreed. He was not doing this earlier in the year, be it from injury or otherwise. He is playing with an agressive streak right now that I had not seen since we drafted him.

Say what you'd like, but this just isn't accurate at all, sorry.

Remember the 2006 season? Remember the game against Buffalo? He sent two Buffalo defenders to the sidelines with his tough running, and the blow he delived to one of them ended his season. He also went off against the Bengals last year, and stiffarmed one of their defenders to the ground in the process.

I think he's run fast and with some toughness when he's been healthy. Early in the season (the first three weeks) he was running pretty well, but after the injury it took him a little while to get back up to full speed. Some people might not realize this, but groin injuries can be a *****, especially for someone like Maroney who needs his wheels. I'd also say he had some pretty good games over the last 5 weeks of the season.

@ Baltimore - 123 total offensive yards (BB gave him the game ball)
vs Jets - 26 carries, 104 yards (4.0 avg), and one TD
vs Dolphins - 14 carries, 156 yards (11.1 avg), and two TD's
vs Giants - only 46 yards rushing, but scored two key TD's. I believe at least one (maybe both) came from 6 yards out, with Maroney breaking tackles.

Now, in the playoffs he goes off for 122 yards rushing (5.5 avg), 40 yards receiving, and 1 TD.

It's a trend that has been building for weeks now...

Last edited:
when is his contract up, cuz you know there is no chance the pats will pay a RB big money?

Maroney doesn't hit free agency until 2011. So, I wouldn't worry about it just yet

Hey! a Danny HateyHate sighting!!!

out breaking glass windows all night, Danny?

Hey! a Danny HateyHate sighting!!!

out breaking glass windows all night, Danny?

Actually I was at the game in my seats cheering on lomo and the pats. I have had season tickets for over a decade. Clearly you have not seen my recent posts talking about Maroney proving me wrong. I could not be happier , he is performing like he should now.

Haha what did you do? Watch the game on your 21 inch tube? I bet you didnt watch history up close AGAIN!

HAHAHAAHA

Last edited:
yeah..poor me...I'll be at the NEXT game...what an idiot I am...I could be out breaking windows with the rest of the glass haters

I have been saying Maroney has been proving me wrong for a solid month now and I could not be happier.
Why don't you choke on that big slice of humble pie, ya freakin' hypocrite!

Why don't you choke on that big slice of humble pie, ya freakin' hypocrite!

Right because Maroney deserved no critasism at all this year. Choke on that you homer. Did that post feel good? Haha what a joke! How sad :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back