PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yates: Gronk 50/50 to play in Week 3.

I'm just happy we're finally hearing his name again, cautiously excited.

Unlike Amendola, who've is a lost cause in my mind. I expect nothing of him this year.

Now you're just blatantly trolling.

And then there's this...

Report: Rob Gronkowski Healthy Enough to Play, But Patriots Leaning Toward Holding Him Out | New England Patriots | NESN.com

The curious case of Rob Gronkowski continues here in Week 3.

Gronkowski has been practicing for a few weeks now after missing the entire preseason while recovering from offseason back surgery, and it seems he’s awful close to a return. In fact, Gronkowski is healthy enough to play, but the Patriots are still leaning toward holding the star tight end out yet again this week, according to The Boston Globe.

The Patriots are taking a cautious approach with Gronkowski, especially after an early return led to a second forearm injury last season. The team wants to get Gronkowski more practices and ensure that he’s fully healthy before he plays in a game, according to the report, which is why his status, while reportedly 50/50, is still in doubt for Sunday’s game against the Buccaneers.

Thats right 50/50 either he does or he doesn't

I am going out on a Limb and say Gronk plays, the Patriots need this Game as do the Bucs who would be 0-3 with a loss Sunday. After the Bucs the Pats have the Bengal - Falcons on the road and then the Saints. Two Offensive juggernauts and one stout on Defense *the Bengal*. After Sundays game against the Bucs we could conceivably drop two of our next Three games. All this is contingent on our Offense playing better.

He HAS to play or we will lose. Tampa's secondary is amazing. Don't see getting first downs at all. They also stop the run, so Tom will have another frustrating day.

I'd have liked to see him knock some rust off prior to the SNF game at ATL next weekend, but unfortunately that doesn't seem like much of a likelihood to happen. I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him bumped up to questionable, even though he won't play this Sunday.

Maybe then next week he's questionable again and is ready to go? At least that would make sense in terms of progression.

This week's game isn't going to be any kind of walk in the park though
. That Bucs defense totally stifled Drew Brees last week, and for the second week in a row they held their opposition to a very low score and should have won if not for a last second FG.

The Bucs held Brees and co. to an 0 for 4 red zone percentage last Sunday, and he actually HAS a viable group of candidates to throw to. This game has me feeling leery, which seems to be a common thing after feeling the same way last Thursday vs the NYJ.

The Bucs held Brees and co. to an 0 for 4 red zone percentage last Sunday, and he actually HAS a viable group of candidates to throw to. This game has me feeling leery, which seems to be a common thing after feeling the same way last Thursday vs the NYJ.

The Patriots need to take advantage of the large amount of penalties the Bucs take every week. That alone could put them in the driver seat.

Brees is a different QB outside than he is in the Superdome.

Not sure if this means anything, but...

Mike Petraglia @Trags
Gronk and Amendola on field again. Gronk spotted in huddle. Amendola not.

Their defense is for real and Vincent Jackson typically destroys us but Talib will will be playing his former team and Dennard isn't suspended yet.

I'm actually very concerned about the Schiano-Freeman rift. Situations like that tend to go one of two ways. Either there is disarray and negative interaction on the sideline or the player goes out onto the field on a mission to show the coach what an idiot he is and plays out of his head.

I think this will be tougher than the Jets game because Freeman won't give us 3 picks and miss as many wide open receivers.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back