PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wow...WHO is going to stop the broncos this year?

I wonder if broncos fans realized know that type of high power offense almost never translates to the post season.

Remember when everyone thought the 14-2 chargers were going to blow the patriots out with their unstoppable offense?

at the cowboys at the colts at san diego vs KC they will have at lest one loss befor they face the pats its only week 4

Denver obviously looks unstoppable at the moment and has tons of great weapons for Manning, but we cannot concern ourselves with what they are doing until it's time to play them. It's a long season and lots of things can happen between week #4 and January.

At the moment though, I would think that they are a candidate to run the table--barring any serious injuries. Just too many great receiving threats, which also help to open up the run game.

at the cowboys at the colts at san diego vs KC they will have at lest one loss befor they face the pats its only week 4

I agree with your general thought about jumping to conclusions after week 4, but those teams you've listed above don't exactly make me confident that much will be accomplished.

Hopefully one of them is able to slow them down and make it a game, but I won't be holding my breath either.

I agree with your general thought about jumping to conclusions after week 4, but those teams you've listed above don't exactly make me confident that much will be accomplished.

Hopefully one of them is able to slow them down and make it a game, but I won't be holding my breath either.

I agree none of dose teams are playing any were Neer the level that Denver is right now but the colts san diego and the coyboys are the 3 teams with a good passing game and they are all on the road,

I will say I would love for both the pats and Denver to be undefeated when they play

I agree none of dose teams are playing any were Neer the level that Denver is right now but the colts san diego and the coyboys are the 3 teams with a good passing game and they are all on the road,

I will say I would love for both the pats and Denver to be undefeated when they play

Just like the old-time Colts-Pats games. Except no Big Vince this time.

Strength of Schedule of the 4-0 teams so far

1. Saints: .375
2. Seahawks: .333
3. Patriots: .313
4. Broncos: .250
5. Chiefs: .188

Has anyone uttered the phrase (running up the score) yet or is that just reserved for the Pats?

not yet but it is interesting to see how some fans are changing their tune as to what running up the score it . . . I always end up having to go back and forth with colts fans who think the pats run up the score but the colts did not in 2004 . .. both teams acted the same and I don't really care how they are classified, but just do so the same way . . .

will be interesting to see how the media and others comment if the broncos are up by 24 in the 4th and peyton is still playing . . .

Realistically, we ought to be concerned about only one game: Pats - Broncos. Can we stop them or can we not stop them? Everything else is irrelevant.

Patriots and Broncos teams are in two completely different phases. Broncos are already fully matured on offense and will likely get better on defense when Von Miller and Bailey get back. They will continue to beat up on a lot of teams. Patriots are a work in progress due to the injury bug and to the learning curve of the new team members.

Both these teams will be very different come week 11. I do hope Patriots get better as the season progresses.

Realistically, we ought to be concerned about only one game: Pats - Broncos. Can we stop them or can we not stop them? Everything else is irrelevant.

Patriots and Broncos teams are in two completely different phases. Broncos are already fully matured on offense and will likely get better on defense when Von Miller and Bailey get back. They will continue to beat up on a lot of teams. Patriots are a work in progress due to the injury bug and to the learning curve of the new team members.

Both these teams will be very different come week 11. I do hope Patriots get better as the season progresses.

But the question is, will Denver's offense peak to early?? The patriots won't because we won't be healthy until late in the season. That's what I thought with the 07 offense. It peaked to early IMO.

But the question is, will Denver's offense peak to early?? The patriots won't because we won't be healthy until late in the season. That's what I thought with the 07 offense. It peaked to early IMO.

The 2007 Patriots scored 28 points just in the first half in week 15, before deciding to just launch passes to try to get Moss the record, and 38 points in week 16.

This confuses me as well. I would put my best coverage player on Welker, double Demaryius with my second best CB and a Safety and make them beat me with Decker.

I'd rather try forcing them to beat us with Welker. Decker can both go deep and play in the slot. Welker is pretty limited to just the slot. Double Demaryius with 2nd CB + safety, Talib on Decker, and try to make them beat us with Welker, while roughing him up at the line.

I'm no coach, neither a big football wiz but that's just me

If I was NE, I would so want to play the Broncos, but thats just me.

I don't think you play man to man coverage against the Broncos. Do you really want to stick Mayo and Hightower in man as well and have them potentially against Julius Thomas, Knowshon Moreno in space and possibly Decker? You're also not going to fool Manning playing man coverage. Our best bet is playing zone and being patient.

"Re: wow...WHO is going to stop the broncos this year?"

1) The Patriots
2) The Chiefs
3) The playoffs

Seriously. One thing lost in Dungy's "Manning will improve," statement was he said through November. I agree, he'll peak in November.

God, the Denver hype is so annoying. It's like the '03-'09 Colts all over again. Peyton Manning is the Jesus of football OMG let's just gush over him incessantly and look at how good his receivers are bla bla bla they give up 22.8 points per game but who cares haha they score a lot of points and defense isn't really important anyway

With a healthy Gronk, Amendola, and Vereen...the Patriots will have the better offense.

Under those conditions, where exactly is Denver better?

The Broncos also don't match up physically.

This doesn't really answer the question, but FOX flashed this graphic during Eagles-Broncos:

BGld76i.gif

With a healthy Gronk, Amendola, and Vereen...the Patriots will have the better offense.

Under those conditions, where exactly is Denver better?

The Broncos also don't match up physically.

I'm not quite as confident as you seem to be about us definitely having the better offense when the players you've listed return. Denver poses one hell of a challenge with those receiving outlets, and it's going to be difficult if not impossible to try and slow them all down.

I do agree with you that we match up better physically, especially if the defense continues on this path.

We've seen Belichick do a great job with this kind of situation before, particularly with Manning, but I've got to admit that they certainly have my attention as a fan.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back