PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wow...WHO is going to stop the broncos this year?

It's an excellent thing that stopping Denver won't be our problem until week 12. In the meantime, about half a dozen other teams will have their shot.

Well, the reality is they are well ahead of pace for everything he mentioned, so maybe you should wake up to reality.

And the Dolphins and Chiefs are on pace for an undefeated season.

These "on pace" stats mean absolutely nothing. Especially just 4 games in!

These guys are making a MOCKERY of the Eagles today....I know their defense is not spectacular) but 49-9 (or something like that) and the game isn't even over yet....WHO is going to stop this team this year? Unless Manning gets hurt...alotta records have very good chance to get to get broken....Friggin Horse toothed Elway has done a good job there...gotta give him credit...

Let's just hope we're all lucky and Peyton's forehead falls off in the middle of a game....:D

we take you now to the AFC championship game.

It's very late in the 4th quarter with the Patriots clinging to a 4 point lead, but Manning has the Broncos marching to a game winning touchdown.
The Broncos easily move it down field to the Patriots 20 yd line, but the New England defense digs in and forces a 4th and 4 situation.
With the game clock ticking down to zero, Manning spies a wide open Wes Welker crossing just under the goalposts in the endzone.
He delivers a perfect game winning TD spiral right into Welker's awaiting an outstretched arms.
The Denver fans erupt in an explosion of glee, and then suddenly fall deathly silent as the ball goes through Welker's hands and drops harmlessly to the turf.

This is how it will end for the Broncos.

It is still only four weeks into the season. Someone is going to figure out how to at least slow down this offense and teams will copy. The same thing happened to the Pats in 2007. Getting a "blueprint" on how to stop their offense doesn't mean anyone can implement that "blueprint", but at least a handful of defenses will figure it out.

As long as Wilfork's injury doesn't really hurt this defense, I think the Pats will be able to slow it down. Belichick overall knows how to slow down Manning. Many years, he hasn't had the horses to do it, but when he does he does slow down Manning.

And let's not forget that Manning is 37 and Welker is 32. Both guys COULD wear down during the season, especially Manning who is throwing the ball at a pace that he will make the second most passing attempts of his career (he is on pace for 624 passing attempts which is the second most other than 2010).

Manning will stop himself and his team if they reach the playoff's this year. He will do what he does best and go one and done. :singing::singing:

They look damn near unstoppable, and maybe I'm still scarred from 2007 and 2010, but I prefer where NE is right now then where Denver is.

if this was us, we'd be saying positive things about this team (with the exception of those few people who always find a way to bring down the team). the reality is the Broncos have to play the team on their schedule and they are beating teams with authority.

Plus, they are missing 2 weapons on defense. While many things said here could become true, strap yourselves in for some serious Manning ball-washing. For now, they deserve it.

Our team has lots of positives going for it and seems to be a team that is rapidly improving (and we don't even have our primary offensive weapons). Losing Wilfork obviously hurts us and our offense may have to help out. I believe this is the most balanced team we've seen in awhile and if the rooks keep improving, the entire playbook and field will be at play.

I hope it's us. I want to see if the Broncos can beat a good team on the road before declaring them unstoppable. I think they have a real home field advantage in the thin air.

wow...WHO is going to stop the broncos this year?

Peyton Manning circa January 2014.

These guys are making a MOCKERY of the Eagles today....I know their defense is not spectacular) but 49-9 (or something like that) and the game isn't even over yet....WHO is going to stop this team this year? Unless Manning gets hurt...alotta records have very good chance to get to get broken....Friggin Horse toothed Elway has done a good job there...gotta give him credit...

The Broncos victims are a combined 4-12. Let's see them beat a team who doesn't suck. I'm not afraid of these paper tigers.

if this was us, we'd be saying positive things about this team (with the exception of those few people who always find a way to bring down the team). the reality is the Broncos have to play the team on their schedule and they are beating teams with authority.

The difference is that the Patriots weren't just beating down teams, they were beating down playoff teams.

If the Broncos aren't going to have the AFCCG go through Denver, the only person who can stop them is Number 18 in the puke orange jersey.

But, I think the jury is out on whether Peyton will still be playing at this level come December and January. There are a lot of hits and a lot of games between now and the Playoffs.

I also think that one of the overlooked factoids about last season is that the weather in Denver was unusually good in November and December 2012. That trend might not continue; Peyton has never been a good bad weather QB.

In fact, I'm probably the only person in America who thinks it would be to Peyton's advantage to have the AFCCG played in a dome, especially a familiar one like Lucas Oil Stadium (but, we all do know that it will be played in Foxboro).

Our final fallback, should he make it to the Meadowlands in February, is to hope that the first cold climate, outdoor SB is played in sub zero weather with a freezing mist of sleet.

But that's all a bunch of bull****.

For now, we should only be thinking about the Bengals on Sunday. We can only be productively concerned about Denver during the week leading up to the 11/21 game, which the Pats play after a road game on Monday night. Between now and those games, I'm also thinking about the Saints, Jets, Fins and Steelers.

The difference is that the Patriots weren't just beating down teams, they were beating down playoff teams.
Fully agree. but, I'm just not going to get worked up about the Broncos and all the attention they are getting. Technically, it's a good thing for football, just something I really don't need to hear about (media ball-washing).

The comparison of teams is premature at this point (from a historical viewpoint).

Now, imagine if the Pats keep improving and both teams are undefeated when they meet. It'd be the most hyped event of the year, with the only exception being the Superbowl.

Let's see: 2-2, 0-4, 1-3, and 1-3. The only team with a non-losing record just lost to the Bills today. When Denver takes apart a team that does not look flat out lousy, I will consider that Manning is Zeus hurling lightning bolts this season.

Leave me out of it ...

Through 4 games the Broncos have played a .250 winning percentage schedule. The 1-3 Eagles, 1-3 Raiders, 2-2 Ravens and 0-4 Giants. The Ravens may still end up being a playoff team but the other teams will be lucky to have a 6 game winner out of the bunch.

The 2007 Patriots played the 11-5 AFCCG loser Chargers, the Bills and Bengals who were 7-9 each and the 4-12 Jets. That's a respectable .453 winning percentage the the Bills and Jets had two of their losses to the Pats so once you remove games vs the team in question it's even more in the Pats favor.

Let's keep our panties on till January...

Hope you really don't expect everyone to do this. It's a very long time until January.

They will go 19-0, then go on to win the World Cup, and even win 12 gold Medals at the Winter Olympics.

Peter King and ESPN are reporting that Manning is expeced to carry all 50 states as well as Mexico and Canada in the next election.

undefeated into november.....where they go .500 for the month

secondary will still be their achilles....and a lack of a viable ground control game

manning will throw an INT and a physical D will disrupt their routes

they'll remain one of the top AFC teams, but I am not up for a coronation in september

if they gave out Lombardis for September games, Manning would have a fist full of rings by now

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back